SportsWrath

Patrick Graham

Sephiroth

It's not a loss if we luck out and get a great replacement. But cue the complaints if the defense starts out next year the same it did this year. It'll be why didn't we try harder to keep him and Schoen is a dope.

I didn't see him wanting to come back and I don't blame him. He was the best coach we had last year. We interviewed him for the sake of it and then this shit with Flores. It's best to seperate yourself from the situation and move on. Good luck to him.

37 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

You want the 4-3 back huh.  

Most teams are pretty hybrid now a days.

They run a 4-3 with a standing edge rusher it's basically a 3-4.

They run a 3-4 with a rushing LB with his hand in the dirt it's basically a 4-3. 

Bilycheeks is writting the book on how to defend the modern NFL you have to be able to play different looks and different sets. 

Graham was doing an alright job of it as well.

I think my thing is the personal they will have to bring in.

I think LBs are a traditional three set of LBs are dead. 

You no longer see teams running the Will/Mike/Sam backers anymore simply because of the rise of three WR sets and the athletic TE.

It's more common to see a MLB who is very athletic and can sniff out the run and pass, who is used on every down, see guys like Leonard, Warner, Wagner, etc. with the occasional strong side LB in on running down typically when they have a FB and who can stay home and spy the QB or second TE. 

With the raise of the SS/LB hybrid players have basically filled the role of the third LB who can do abit of everything, like a McKinney. 

He can some up to the line to play the TE or WR. He can support the run and make the tackle, he can drop back and play the pass, he's fast enough to play deep coverage.

I think this is the long about way of saying that I want a DC who is flexible more so with his players than his scheme. 

Even the Giants who ran a base 3-4 were typically always rushing four players. 

We just lined up with only three in the dirt.  

I want Schwartz or Fangio because they are proven DCs. 

55 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Yeah the base anymore is nickel anyway.  

Fangios scheme seems to be successful but I prefer a more blitzy scheme. 

but Schwartz, Wink, and Fangio are all great options. 

See my thing about blitz happy teams.is they ways leave a weakness elsewhere that.comes back to bite them in the ass.

It's why I'd love to get an edge rusher with one of the firsts to pair with Ojulari or even Carter if he's brought back.

Playoff winning team can get pressure with the front four, if you can't do that in the NFL you risk to much sending extra pressure, see the Bucs leaving a Kupp wide open.

A draft with Lindenbaum and Odobajabobaba or what ever his name is would be my dream.

You sure you the Oline and Dline in the first. 

Use the second on a tackle, or TE, or even a QB.

Oh lordy someone give Schoen a golden star.  

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

I'd take him on a like a 1 million dollar type of deal.

You got to remember we are gutting this roster.

Carter should provide depth that wouldn't hurt us in the long run. 

Id rather find someone else on 1 million dollar type deal.    The guy sorta flashed his rookie year, and then didn’t do anything until the last couple weeks of his rookie contract year.   I’d rather someone else for cheap. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

See my thing about blitz happy teams.is they ways leave a weakness elsewhere that.comes back to bite them in the ass.

It's why I'd love to get an edge rusher with one of the firsts to pair with Ojulari or even Carter if he's brought back.

Playoff winning team can get pressure with the front four, if you can't do that in the NFL you risk to much sending extra pressure, see the Bucs leaving a Kupp wide open.

A draft with Lindenbaum and Odobajabobaba or what ever his name is would be my dream.

You sure you the Oline and Dline in the first. 

Use the second on a tackle, or TE, or even a QB.

Oh lordy someone give Schoen a golden star.  

Funny you mentioned a TE... I've been thinking the Giants should find one in the 1st 3 rounds because we don't really have a capable one and a solid TE would do wonders for our O.   

48 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Raiders must have given a sweet deal to make the move and I wish him well.  I hope he continues to build on the success he has achieved so far in the NFL and I look forward to seeing him become a head coach.

Yep that's all you can say.

At the end of the day football is a business, gotta look after you because all it takes is one bad play and everything is done. 

Same for every coach. 

8 hours ago, Pdouble said:

Id rather find someone else on 1 million dollar type deal.    The guy sorta flashed his rookie year, and then didn’t do anything until the last couple weeks of his rookie contract year.   I’d rather someone else for cheap. 

Yeah either way he's replaceable.

I guess it's just my Giants fandom I want to keep Giants around.

7 hours ago, Nas said:

Funny you mentioned a TE... I've been thinking the Giants should find one in the 1st 3 rounds because we don't really have a capable one and a solid TE would do wonders for our O.   

TE is a major concern IMO.

Engram is probably gone in FA.

Rudolph is more than likely a cap casualty. 

Who do we have? Smith? He's shown flashes but he's always hurt. 

We literally need a one, two and three TE next year lol 

A fourth round pick would be my hope, that kid out of........Nebraska I think it is, a good bet, big athletic kid, like 6'6 250 pounds, who can block but is also athletic enough to outrun defenders in the pass game. 

Turner his name is I believe.

Showed up big ten last two years but some people put the credit on the QB Strong as not him, whereas I see it the other way around.

Kids gonna be a good late round TE pickup by some team.

Hopefully ours.

On 2/5/2022 at 1:21 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Graham could also be thinking of being a scape goat next year.

The Giants finish the year with some abysmal record, the GM and HC have no alligence to you, you were last regimes hire. 

So instead of figuring he'd be thrown under the bus to save face, he jumped ship to a HC who wanted him. 

Sounds about right and makes sense.  Go where you are welcome and leave people with no loyalty to you.

16 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

TE is a major concern IMO.

Engram is probably gone in FA.

Rudolph is more than likely a cap casualty. 

Who do we have? Smith? He's shown flashes but he's always hurt. 

We literally need a one, two and three TE next year lol 

A fourth round pick would be my hope, that kid out of........Nebraska I think it is, a good bet, big athletic kid, like 6'6 250 pounds, who can block but is also athletic enough to outrun defenders in the pass game. 

Turner his name is I believe.

Showed up big ten last two years but some people put the credit on the QB Strong as not him, whereas I see it the other way around.

Kids gonna be a good late round TE pickup by some team.

Hopefully ours.

Trey McBride in the 2nd round...trade back into 1st if need be.  Receiving threat who is probably among the better blockers at the position