SportsWrath

Quincy Roche

BlueInCanada

58 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

He's shown more in two games on the edge then Ximines or Carter ever have in their careers.  

I wanted the kid in the draft, and hopefully can continue to get better. 

Agreed, every time he's on the field he shows something. 

Slippery guy, he has that knack for getting off blocks. 

6 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Didn't quite get there, but had some nice rushes. 

At least he didn't have an offsides penalty that helped us lose the game. 

Yet another bone headed offsides to hand over another game.  Earth to dumbass Giants... crooked refs are looking to make that call so wait on your release.  It is not like you are going to sack a top tier QB or block kicks anytime soon.  :laugh:

9 hours ago, Pdouble said:

Still not sure why anyone expected good things from Carter this season. 

I know... But the Tools are there. Dude is 6-5 255lbs and run a 4.50. Those numbers jump at you. But he is a complete bust. 

On 11/2/2021 at 9:04 PM, NeMesiS said:

I know... But the Tools are there. Dude is 6-5 255lbs and run a 4.50. Those numbers jump at you. But he is a complete bust. 

Ah isn’t that what Reese always fell in love with… height weight and speed… Actual football traits be damned.

On 11/8/2021 at 8:24 AM, Nas said:

Ah isn’t that what Reese always fell in love with… height weight and speed… Actual football traits be damned.

Could be... But, its not like Carter was bad player for Georgia.  I just think Lorenzo peaked in college. 

8 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

Could be... But, its not like Carter was bad player for Georgia.  I just think Lorenzo peaked in college. 

It's not too difficult to shine in college.. you're playing against kids who won't cut it at the pro-level anyway.    That's why part of scouting is looking at the competition.   I do agree that college was his peak... 

On 11/10/2021 at 1:14 AM, NeMesiS said:

Carter wasn't a bad player, he just didn't play one role exceptionally well.  They had him rushing the passer or they had him in coverage.  Same thing is happening here.  In Carter's second year Giants were using him in coverage more.

24 minutes ago, Tempest said:

Carter wasn't a bad player, he just didn't play one role exceptionally well.  They had him rushing the passer or they had him in coverage.  Same thing is happening here.  In Carter's second year Giants were using him in coverage more.

That's the thing too eh when he was drafted his profile read that he was a good run stopper who can cover and occasionally get after the QB. 

Then the Giants made him a strict pass rusher. 

I've always said scheme and how a team uses a guy is as much at fault for creating a "bust" as is a guys work ethic and skill, and then just injuries.