SportsWrath

First Place Motherfuckers!

Sephiroth

4 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

did they change the rules on draft order so that it is no longer just the super bowl teams that are sorted by record?

I thought the draft order changes for playoff teams... so the SB winning team always picks 32nd and so on... 

4 hours ago, Nas said:

I thought the draft order changes for playoff teams... so the SB winning team always picks 32nd and so on... 

Yeah, I may have imagined that all these years. It was stuck in my head that the record is the only thing that matters for the 30 teams not in the Super Bowl, but I seem to be the only one surprised at the revelation that the division winners pick after everyone else, regardless of their record.

12 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Yeah, I may have imagined that all these years. It was stuck in my head that the record is the only thing that matters for the 30 teams not in the Super Bowl, but I seem to be the only one surprised at the revelation that the division winners pick after everyone else, regardless of their record.

The Rules of the Draft | NFL Football Operations

Currently, each of the 32 clubs receives one pick in each of the seven rounds of the NFL Draft (the number of teams drafting has changed over time, and there have been as many as 30 rounds in a single draft).

The order of selection is determined by the reverse order of finish in the previous season. Barring any trades between clubs, each round starts with the team that finished with the worst record and ends with the Super Bowl champions.

Teams that didn’t qualify for the playoffs are assigned draft slots 1-20. The order is determined by the standings at the end of the regular season: The club with the worst record will pick first, and the one with the best record will pick 20th.

Teams that did qualify for the playoffs are assigned draft slots 21-32. The order is determined by the results of the previous year’s postseason play:

• The four teams eliminated in the wild card round pick in slots 21-24 in the reverse order of their final regular season records.
  • The four teams eliminated in the divisional round pick in slots 25-28 in the reverse order of their final regular season records.
  • The two teams that lost in the conference championships pick in the 29th and 30th spots in the reverse order of their final regular season records.
  • The team that lost the Super Bowl has the 31st pick in the draft.
  • The Super Bowl champion has the 32nd and final spot in each round.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:03 PM, Nas said:

Well yeah now that the team is playing real Football.

Wait so they are playing real football after winning two game in a row versus winning just one game a few weeks ago?  When the Giants lose again does that change?

11 hours ago, Tempest said:

Wait so they are playing real football after winning two game in a row versus winning just one game a few weeks ago?  When the Giants lose again does that change?

We were dealing with a shitty product and rightfully as humans we don't like shitty products... You can shop at the dollar store if you want... I want a good product and now we see we have a decent game that's worth watching.    I have no penchant to watch misery... it's why I walked out on the Knicks for good late 90s... to save my soul.     

You're not going to question my fanhood... stop it.    YOUR opinion is yours and yours only... and you seem to struggle at the mere notion that someone can possibly disagree with you... if we have a shitty team, then draft position is what I'm looking for... if we have a team that's competing, then obviously my trajectory changes... yet both trajectories point to wanting a successful team.   

1 hour ago, Nas said:

We were dealing with a shitty product and rightfully as humans we don't like shitty products... You can shop at the dollar store if you want... I want a good product and now we see we have a decent game that's worth watching.    I have no penchant to watch misery... it's why I walked out on the Knicks for good late 90s... to save my soul.     

You're not going to question my fanhood... stop it.    YOUR opinion is yours and yours only... and you seem to struggle at the mere notion that someone can possibly disagree with you... if we have a shitty team, then draft position is what I'm looking for... if we have a team that's competing, then obviously my trajectory changes... yet both trajectories point to wanting a successful team.   

Yep. Besides, it’s not like most of us weren’t watching the games. We were just pissed at the outcomes. 

For me, regardless of how this year plays out (especially now since Dimes is down) I’m pumped for the future of this team. I think Joe Judge is the real deal, and is gonna make this team competitive a lot more often than not. 

14 hours ago, Tempest said:

We've won 3 games in a row, and now have something to play for this season.  If your team has nothing to play for, you want them to be in the best position for next season, which is a lower-seeded record and a higher draft pick.

You can want your team to show improvement and also want them to be positioned better for next season. 

3 hours ago, Nas said:

I come here for the disagreements!  :Popcorn-emot:

If everyone agreed with each other, how boring would this board be?  I see a team that has really competed every week this season and yeah the results weren't always there.  I don't watch the games live anymore, watch on NFL pass so I can watch on my schedule, without the commercials and it lessens the pain of a loss.  I just don't have 3 - 3 1/2 hours to watch television anymore.

Kudos to walking out on the Knicks, wish we could trade them for something...maybe a cricket team.  :rimshot: