SportsWrath

Evan Engram Still Has a Career if Pro Volleyball Doesn't Work Out for Him.

Sephiroth

7 hours ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Hellz no they should not trade Q,Williams.  That guy has a bright future.   

I was thinking more "the Giants fielded offers for Evan Engram, but wouldn't accept less than a first round pick for him."

A first round pick?  For Evan Engram?  I'd give our first-rounder for him to be OFF the team. 

His 5th year option will be cheap as fuck. To be honest - he is doing his best to redeem himself - he was doing his volleyball bit to handover an INT to the Skins, a phenomenal acting job by the Skins on that one. But if you take a look - this team is playing some quality football. Just that everyone ends up with maybe 1-2 boneheaded mistakes/errors every game and every single mistake costs us dearly. Engram drop in Philly, Bradberry muff on Evans, the Boston Scott catch, DJ's brainfart second INT against Tampa....bites us in the ass like a starving vampire.

6 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

His 5th year option will be cheap as fuck. To be honest - he is doing his best to redeem himself - he was doing his volleyball bit to handover an INT to the Skins, a phenomenal acting job by the Skins on that one. But if you take a look - this team is playing some quality football. Just that everyone ends up with maybe 1-2 boneheaded mistakes/errors every game and every single mistake costs us dearly. Engram drop in Philly, Bradberry muff on Evans, the Boston Scott catch, DJ's brainfart second INT against Tampa....bites us in the ass like a starving vampire.

If by "redeem himself" you mean "lead the league in drops by a TE over the past four seasons... despite only playing three" I agree. 

As disappointing as Evan Engram has been on the field I still wouldn't trade him at this time unless the deal was for a first/second round pick.  He does have value in the eyes of others due to his size and speed.  It is unfortunate he has been unable to match that with production.  His numbers should be double what they are right now.  Giants have to force him the ball and they are rewarded with drops.

On 11/12/2020 at 12:49 AM, Iceman_NYG said:

His 5th year option will be cheap as fuck. 

Also, we've already picked up his 5th year option. 

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

As disappointing as Evan Engram has been on the field I still wouldn't trade him at this time unless the deal was for a first/second round pick.  He does have value in the eyes of others due to his size and speed.  It is unfortunate he has been unable to match that with production.  His numbers should be double what they are right now.  Giants have to force him the ball and they are rewarded with drops.

When you draft a "pass-cathing TE" that can neither run block nor pass block, and he leads the league in drops from a TE, he literally has no value.  Can't catch, can't block... football is more than having "the measurables" and running fast. 

20 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

isn't his fifth year option like $6 million? Seems like he's way overpaid to me. He may have a bigger cap impact next year than George Kittle. 

Oddly enough this is true, swing a trade for Kittle :D

I mean needless to say it's been an disapopiting relationship with the Giants after year one with Engram, which is a shame because year one (his healthiest year) was a great year for a rookie TE 700+ yards, 6 TDs.

Since then it's been nothing but hype and no real results.

Next year he has a cap hit, as said, of 6+ million, which ranks around 15th of TEs guaranteed money next season, not great, but not bad.

Really unless the Giants are stripped for cash, I see no reason in letting him go next year, unless someone is willing to cough but a valuable draft pick or player.

5 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean needless to say it's been an disapopiting relationship with the Giants after year one with Engram, which is a shame because year one (his healthiest year) was a great year for a rookie TE 700+ yards, 6 TDs.

Since then it's been nothing but hype and no real results.

Next year he has a cap hit, as said, of 6+ million, which ranks around 15th of TEs guaranteed money next season, not great, but not bad.

Really unless the Giants are stripped for cash, I see no reason in letting him go next year, unless someone is willing to cough but a valuable draft pick or player.

I understand and you're probably right, but it would be worth it to my blood pressure to not have to scream "GET ENGRAM OFF THE FUCKING TEAM!" four times each weekend. 

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I understand and you're probably right, but it would be worth it to my blood pressure to not have to scream "GET ENGRAM OFF THE FUCKING TEAM!" four times each weekend. 

Oh I mean, the fucking guy is just a bad luck charm, from Eli to Daniel he just isnt a play maker, if anything he's a playmaker for the other team with his constant drop and tipped passes.

What I do like seeing from Judge and Garrett, their use of Smith and Tovilioloiiiololooolooliiolo or whatever the fuck the guys name is.

They have no problem using the real TEs on the team as blockers off the line pass catchers, and Engram as a odd set piece in the offense, and gadget plays (which he seems to be doing well with)

I think the discussion next off season will be 1) Do you keep Engram at TE or just make him a WR/RB type of thing, and go get another real TE for depth? 2) Does that warrant paying Engram 6+ million to be a gadget player?

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Oh I mean, the fucking guy is just a bad luck charm, from Eli to Daniel he just isnt a play maker, if anything he's a playmaker for the other team with his constant drop and tipped passes.

What I do like seeing from Judge and Garrett, their use of Smith and Tovilioloiiiololooolooliiolo or whatever the fuck the guys name is.

They have no problem using the real TEs on the team as blockers off the line pass catchers, and Engram as a odd set piece in the offense, and gadget plays (which he seems to be doing well with)

I think the discussion next off season will be 1) Do you keep Engram at TE or just make him a WR/RB type of thing, and go get another real TE for depth? 2) Does that warrant paying Engram 6+ million to be a gadget player?

I don't know how many different ways I can keep telling you Engram at WR will not work.  At least with Engram at RB he has a better chance of holding onto the ball since it is placed in his hands.

Giants have to get another TE because Engram doesn't excel at either blocker or receiver.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Easily the most useless piece of shit on the team since Ramses Barden or that Travis Beckham kid we had.

Atleast those guys didn't tip the ball to the other team 6 or more times a year.

A bit too harsh.  Yes he’s been underwhelming but I wouldn’t go that far.