Jump to content
SportsWrath

Giants to trade out of the 4th spot with the Chargers... (rumors of course)


Recommended Posts

https://www.nj.com/sports/2020/01/nfl-draft-2020-giants-trade-back-and-still-get-their-guy-eagles-trade-up-for-henry-ruggs-or-jerry-jeudy-full-1st-round-mock.html

 

Here’s our latest mock draft for the 2020 draft.

1. Cincinnati Bengals: QB Joe Burrow, LSU.

Nothing to see here.

2. Washington Redskins: DE Chase Young, Ohio State.

He’s probably the most talented player in the draft. Even the Redskins can’t mess this up, right?

3. Detroit Lions: CB Jeff Okudah, Oklahoma State.

If the rumors about them possibly trading Matthew Stafford are true, a quarterback is possible here. If not Okudah has Pro Bowl potential at a position of need.

**

TRADE

Giants get: First-round pick (No. 6), third-round pick (No. 71) and 2021 third-round pick

Chargers get: No. 4 pick

**

4. Los Angeles Chargers (via Giants): QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama.

5. Miami Dolphins: QB Justin Herbert, Oregon.

Miami needs a quarterback and with Tagovailoa off the board, they get the next best option in Herbert, who played well at the Senior Bowl.

6. New York Giants (via Chargers): LB Isaiah Simmons, Clemson.

The Giants certainly need offensive linemen, but this is a team that should be focused on getting the best players as opposed to simply filling needs. Simmons is the best player on the board here and can be a game-changing defensive player with his ability to play all over the field. The Giants need help both on the back end and at linebacker, and he can help both ways. A fun toy for Patrick Graham to play with.

7. Carolina Panthers: DT Derrick Brown, Auburn.

Carolina’s biggest need is probably on the interior of the defensive line, unless they opt to move on from Cam Newton.

8. Arizona Cardinals: OL Tristan Wirfs, Iowa.

The Cardinals need help on the offensive line, especially in the interior.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars: WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, that’s simply not enough to move from the 4th spot. They need to be looking at a 2021 first round pick and this years third.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Storm said:

Lol, that’s simply not enough to move from the 4th spot. They need to be looking at a 2021 first round pick and this years third.

That was my first thought. We gave way more then that to bag Eli. If they believe that kid is their future QB they need to give up a third this year and a first next. 
 

Assuming they start that new QB chances are that first round pick next year will be high

Link to post
Share on other sites

My intiial reaction as well, but honestly if we could pick up an extra 3rd this year and a third next year, and still get the guy at 6 that we wanted at 4, that's a win.  What would suck if Miami just loves Tua and trades down if the Chargers take him and Simmons is gone at 5.  Still a few options there like Jeudy, the Oklahoma WR, a couple tackles. 

 

There are a few teams that could trade up to 4 to get in front of Miami and SD that are QB hungry though and we could still get one of our top 3 guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Storm said:

Lol, that’s simply not enough to move from the 4th spot. They need to be looking at a 2021 first round pick and this years third.

According to the "points chart" it's more than enough.

The value between the two picks is maybe "200" points, the two thirds would be around 250 points each.

Not saying the point chart is the god spoken truth, but the Giants have no leverage, they wont go QB and so far Tua/Herbert/Burrows are all spiking up the boards in draft value.

If anything Detroit is the team people are going to want to trade with, they don't need a top 5 pick, and they don't need a QB this year, they will want to trade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, that sounds about right for a move from 4th back to 6th. I'd prefer a sweeter deal, but if we drop back, get the extra picks, and still land Simmons, I'm still pretty stoked. 

huge difference between a move from 4 to 1 and from 6 to 4. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, you don’t drop back from the fourth pick in any draft for two thirds. I don’t care if you’re moving 2 spots. I wouldn’t do it for a second this year and a second next year. Gotta be a first next year and a third this year.

If a team has their eye set on a guy they think is their next franchise QB and they aren’t in a position to draft him, then they had better be prepared to pay the piper. Otherwise, the Giants need to stay put and draft Simmons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t really say call it a rumor. It’s just someone’s mock draft. 
 

 

But if we can acquire picks and still get Simmons that will be cool. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

might have a point, the Jets may have reset the value of that kind of move with what they paid to move from 6th to 3rd to get Darnold. 

 

 

 

Three seconds isn't much all things considered.

All depends on where they end up.

If a second round pick is outside the top 20 then it's basically going late round picks at that point.

As it stand I hope some team trades with the Redskins and QBs go at 1 and 2.

Detroit goes Okudah.

Giants get Young.

Highly unlikely but you never know Detroit needs a starting corner bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Storm said:

Lol, that’s simply not enough to move from the 4th spot. They need to be looking at a 2021 first round pick and this years third.

 

15 hours ago, JayD said:

That was my first thought. We gave way more then that to bag Eli. If they believe that kid is their future QB they need to give up a third this year and a first next. 
 

Assuming they start that new QB chances are that first round pick next year will be high

 

15 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

My intiial reaction as well, but honestly if we could pick up an extra 3rd this year and a third next year, and still get the guy at 6 that we wanted at 4, that's a win.  What would suck if Miami just loves Tua and trades down if the Chargers take him and Simmons is gone at 5.  Still a few options there like Jeudy, the Oklahoma WR, a couple tackles. 

 

There are a few teams that could trade up to 4 to get in front of Miami and SD that are QB hungry though and we could still get one of our top 3 guys.

Well you're all liberal commies and that's why.   Moving from 6 to 4 isn't the same as moving from 4 to 1... besides teams know the Giants aren't looking for a QB anyway.   I do agree that the price can be a little bit higher... but not as high as some of you think... fucking communists :angry:

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

According to the "points chart" it's more than enough.

The value between the two picks is maybe "200" points, the two thirds would be around 250 points each.

Not saying the point chart is the god spoken truth, but the Giants have no leverage, they wont go QB and so far Tua/Herbert/Burrows are all spiking up the boards in draft value.

If anything Detroit is the team people are going to want to trade with, they don't need a top 5 pick, and they don't need a QB this year, they will want to trade.

 

13 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

yeah, that sounds about right for a move from 4th back to 6th. I'd prefer a sweeter deal, but if we drop back, get the extra picks, and still land Simmons, I'm still pretty stoked. 

huge difference between a move from 4 to 1 and from 6 to 4. 

 

1 hour ago, Pdouble said:

I wouldn’t really say call it a rumor. It’s just someone’s mock draft. 
 

 

But if we can acquire picks and still get Simmons that will be cool. 

You know something is seriously wrong with the voices of reason on this board are the ACTUAL liberal commies :05-mafia:

 

I kid I kid :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I deeply resent being referred to as a voice of reason! I am anything but!

 

Agreed :rimshot:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Three seconds isn't much all things considered.

All depends on where they end up.

If a second round pick is outside the top 20 then it's basically going late round picks at that point.

As it stand I hope some team trades with the Redskins and QBs go at 1 and 2.

Detroit goes Okudah.

Giants get Young.

Highly unlikely but you never know Detroit needs a starting corner bad.

Again, and I’m just saying, but word on Twitter is that the Lions are heavily considering a QB. Stafford is getting up there and his injury is no joke.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Three seconds isn't much all things considered.

All depends on where they end up.

If a second round pick is outside the top 20 then it's basically going late round picks at that point.

As it stand I hope some team trades with the Redskins and QBs go at 1 and 2.

Detroit goes Okudah.

Giants get Young.

Highly unlikely but you never know Detroit needs a starting corner bad.

Man that would be a fucking dream...

And I too have been reading about Detroit looking for Stafford's replacement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mastershake said:

I'd be happy with a scenario where we trade back and still pick up LB Isaiah Simmons or a top OL.

Yep, I think the skins would be stupid to pass on Young... and that leaves us with Simmons as the bpa imo.   Besides I really think we need a LB worth a damn...

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are takes out there of tua to either the skins or Lions. Dwayne Haskins is not good nor does he fit a regime change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Storm said:

Again, and I’m just saying, but word on Twitter is that the Lions are heavily considering a QB. Stafford is getting up there and his injury is no joke.

Oh I'm not saying that QB isn't a concern for the Lions like you said Stafford is up there in age and coming off a back surgery.

Ive just read he's well ahead of schedule and the Lions expect him to play.

I just think they have bigger needs then a backup QB at #3.

They could even wait till round two to get a QB I mean we are seeing it more and more where second or third round QBs are starting and playing well enough.

If im the Lions I'm salivating at the idea of getting the best press corner out of the draft since Revis.

Then I use my second round pick on a guy like Fromm/Love or Eason in round two.

Plus it means the Giants might get Young lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Storm said:

There are takes out there of tua to either the skins or Lions. Dwayne Haskins is not good nor does he fit a regime change.

Difficult to imagine the skins bail on Haskins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Prince_Nas said:

 

 

Well you're all liberal commies and that's why.   Moving from 6 to 4 isn't the same as moving from 4 to 1... besides teams know the Giants aren't looking for a QB anyway.   I do agree that the price can be a little bit higher... but not as high as some of you think... fucking communists :angry:

Fine. At least a second round next year though. :cool:
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Difficult to imagine the skins bail on Haskins. 

It is. I, personally, didn’t think he was a strong prospect entering the draft, though. The fact they stuck with Keenum as long as they did isnt encouraging, either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...