SportsWrath

Giants to trade out of the 4th spot with the Chargers... (rumors of course)

If anybody has the stones to tell Dan Snyder that Haskins will not work out and they need to cut bait, it's Ron Rivera.

And he would have a good read on it.... my impression, Haskins is very much like a young Cam Newton in terms of their familial cult of personality. But he has nothing like the physical talent of Newton. Seems like a perfect clusterfuck brewing to me. 

7 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

If anybody has the stones to tell Dan Snyder that Haskins will not work out and they need to cut bait, it's Ron Rivera.

And he would have a good read on it.... my impression, Haskins is very much like a young Cam Newton in terms of their familial cult of personality. But he has nothing like the physical talent of Newton. Seems like a perfect clusterfuck brewing to me. 

I don't know the Redskins jumped all over Rivera and I doubt that the question "Is Haskins the QB of your team?" Wasnt asked multiple times. 

Just like I'm sure Judge/Garrett were asked the same thing multiple times as well.

I just don't see Snyder hiring Rivera if he answered no to the above question.

10 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Difficult to imagine the skins bail on Haskins. 

Yeah they ride with Haskins a year or two more IMO.

They aren't going to pass on Young with Kerrigan more than likely being traded this year.

If Haskins is as bad as people on here expect him to be it's not unlikely the Redskins are picking inside the top 5 again with a chance at another QB.

There is a possibility of this trade happening and there will be a dozen more potential trades talked about over the next few months.  Players are going to drop and rise for the next couple of months at every position. 

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

There is a possibility of this trade happening and there will be a dozen more potential trades talked about over the next few months.  Players are going to drop and rise for the next couple of months at every position. 

But the fact is that the Jets have already established the value of trading up a few spots to grab a franchise quarterback and its far more than two third round picks. 

Two third round picks is an absolute nonstarter. 

1 hour ago, Storm said:

But the fact is that the Jets have already established the value of trading up a few spots to grab a franchise quarterback and its far more than two third round picks. 

I mean it depends.

If you know you can drop back two spots and still end up with the same player you wanted AND two extra third round picks, you wouldnt do it?

11 hours ago, Storm said:

It is. I, personally, didn’t think he was a strong prospect entering the draft, though. The fact they stuck with Keenum as long as they did isnt encouraging, either.

I didn't, and still don't, know much about him.  I thought his numbers were great and he looked like he had talent based on highlights, but I had doubts about him based on only one year as a starter. 

Honestly, I think being a QB in this league has more to do with what team you end up on, what system you end up in, the coach, the owners...than it does raw talent.  Is there really a huge talent difference between an Aaron Rodgers and a first round bust?  I'm in the corner that sitting a year is prefered to learn the mental game at the NFL level, but a good coach will recognize the needs of the individual and cater his development based on that.

I guess what I mean is I think Haskins would have a much better chance of becoming a star under a coach like Andy Ried, Sean Payton, Carrol, than Jay Gruden with Snyder as the owner - guess we will see if Rivera can coach him up. 

29 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean it depends.

If you know you can drop back two spots and still end up with the same player you wanted AND two extra third round picks, you wouldnt do it?

I mean, it’s not really possible to know that. And the risk of losing out on who you think is the fourth best player outweighs the two thirds, to me. The Giants haven’t had a Pro Bowl third rounder since Tuck in like 2005 so I’m a bit jaded, admittedly. I just don’t think two third rounders is enough. 

3 hours ago, Tempest said:

That is an excellent point - was Simmons even a top 10 guy before the championship game?  I didn't look at any mocks until recently. 

8 minutes ago, Storm said:

I mean, it’s not really possible to know that. And the risk of losing out on who you think is the fourth best player outweighs the two thirds, to me. The Giants haven’t had a Pro Bowl third rounder since Tuck in like 2005 so I’m a bit jaded, admittedly. I just don’t think two third rounders is enough. 

I guess it just depends on how the Giants have the players valued, I just feel if you can trade back and get a few picks and end up with the player you want, then why not?

I do understand what you're saying though, if you have the opportunity to hold a player a team loves hostage then take them for everything they are worth, as it looks the Bungals/Dolphins/Chargers are all going to be looking for a new QB, however FA is still on the horizon and guys like Brees/Brady/Newton/Rivers are going to be moving around.

9 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

That is an excellent point - was Simmons even a top 10 guy before the championship game?  I didn't look at any mocks until recently. 

Maybe a top 15 player, his play down the stretch has pushed him into the top 10 or so, it's really going to come down to his combine and what he weighs in at.

Is he going to go for raw strength and lose out of his speed going for more of a LB role? Or is he going to go for speed and fit more of a safety/situation pass rusher role?

I never liked hybrid players but Simmons looks like he can pull it off, crazy combination of it all.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:16 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Oh I'm not saying that QB isn't a concern for the Lions like you said Stafford is up there in age and coming off a back surgery.

Ive just read he's well ahead of schedule and the Lions expect him to play.

I just think they have bigger needs then a backup QB at #3.

They could even wait till round two to get a QB I mean we are seeing it more and more where second or third round QBs are starting and playing well enough.

If im the Lions I'm salivating at the idea of getting the best press corner out of the draft since Revis.

Then I use my second round pick on a guy like Fromm/Love or Eason in round two.

Plus it means the Giants might get Young lol

Or someone they can groom at QB.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:20 AM, CrazedDogs said:

I'm not saying he'll be a great can't miss QB but the kid has a lot of potential...

18 hours ago, Storm said:

17 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean it depends.

Got it, Storm?

20 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

And Daniel Jones was a second rounder this time last year we would not even consider drafting because of our last Duke experience.  There are about 3-4 players for the Giants in mock drafts at the moment.

6 hours ago, Tempest said:

And Daniel Jones was a second rounder this time last year we would not even consider drafting because of our last Duke experience.  There are about 3-4 players for the Giants in mock drafts at the moment.

I've seen 1 or two of the tackles, Jeudy, Simmons, and even the CB from Ohio State who most people think Detroit is taking.