SportsWrath

Potential coaches...rank em

gmenroc

2 minutes ago, Prince_Nas said:

I don't know much about most of these guys but I'm not too crazy about McCarthy or McDaniels... I want a defensive minded coach so Martindale is my bias here..

I would rather see someone who has some HC experience...   So I think McCarthy is the top on my list of choices.    I keep hearing about Rhule on the FAN and maybe he would be a good coach...  can't say I am in love with taking a guy straight out of college ranks, but if they do, I hope they do it soon so he can start working with the scouts for the draft.

Rhule, I don't want a retread at HC bring in someone with a different attitude who is going to make winning the #1 priority and culture aroud here 

Beiniemy, the Reid coaching tree grows stronger and I'd love for the Giants to get a HC who will actually know how to utilize his players.

Judge, players coach who the guys will fight for every down plus I hear he's actually pretty smart at the X's and O's of football.

Martindale, least experienced but a coach by all reports the players love to play for. Would also bring that OC from college who's made Burrows a star.

McCarthy, dude was exposed for being an OC who couldn't adjust and needed a HOF QB to bail him out of his shitty calls. However if he's learned to adjust his game he might be good.

Garrett, cause why not?

McDaniels, although he's reportedly not interested

Dark horse - Giants Special teams coach McGauhey, supposed to be drawing HC interest the past season.

31 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

I would rather see someone who has some HC experience...   So I think McCarthy is the top on my list of choices.    I keep hearing about Rhule on the FAN and maybe he would be a good coach...  can't say I am in love with taking a guy straight out of college ranks, but if they do, I hope they do it soon so he can start working with the scouts for the draft.

I feel the same way.  I think McCarthy reminds me a lot of Coughlin... good coach coming from a winning program, things got a little stale so he spent a year checking out trends and players around the league and comes back a better coach.  Also reminds me a bit of the Andy Reid situation (yeah the guy still hasn't won a Super Bowl but at this point I think most of us would take the Chiefs success over ours the past few years). 

I think Rhule is definitely boom-or-bust.  I like him a lot, but if McCarthy is the solid double... Rhule is the home run or strikeout. 

I think Martindale could also be very good.  Harbaugh coaching tree/family, seems to have the right demeanor, very experienced, and I love me a defensive-minded coach. 

Could not possibly be less interested in McDaniels. 

In order I'd my my preferences are:

McCarthy

Rhule

Martindale

Bienemy

Judge/Richard

McDaniels

Don't even want to think of Garrett.  Dude is a spineless puppet for Jerruh.  Same for McDaniels who spurned the Colts and failed the Broncos.

Judge/Richard don't seem to have the HC experience yet.  Would like coordinator or above for HC.

I'm leaning towards a defensive coach like others here.  Martindale bringing the coach from LSU for OC is awfully appealing.  That's likely my #1.

McCarthy is my distant #2...though I read that teams have figured out his offense...which doesn't bode well for future.

2A...I have Rhule from Baylor.  The unknown, the turning a program around...good stuff.  Bigger risk than McCarthy that could yield bigger reward.  

Just now, Herc said:

McCarthy is going to Dallas.

my top choice is Greg Roman 

I'm actually sort of afraid of a division with three experienced coaches in Rivera, McCarthy, and Pederson and we get a green coach like Matt Rhule. 

I wish we were interviewing Greg Roman. 

20 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I'm actually sort of afraid of a division with three experienced coaches in Rivera, McCarthy, and Pederson and we get a green coach like Matt Rhule. 

Agreed, I don’t think McCarthy and Rivera are scary but they both have higher floors than most candidates.  

Doesnt look like Roman is even being considered unfortunately 

Why Greg Roman?

How hard is it to call a gameplan when you have Jackson as QB?

"Oh if nothing is open scramble for 50 yards while making 11 people miss tackling you"

We might as well call McAttack back if we are talking about OCs who were bailed out by their QBs.

32 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Nothing wrong with having a green coach Pederson was never a HC in the NFL before the Eagles job.

I'm not worried about McCarthy in Dallas he calls as bland as an offence as anyone and has never utilized a RB in his life plus he won't have the Rodgers heroics to bail out his shitty game management.

Rivera and Del Rio are what scares me mainly Del Rio.

Kinda sucks though the Giants always feel like the sloppy seconds teams when it comes to finding a coach.

MacAdoodles and Shurmur always felt like the third or fourth choices for the team despite how much Mara says otherwise.

What happens if Rhule stays at Baylor?

15 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Kinda sucks though the Giants always feel like the sloppy seconds teams when it comes to finding a coach.

MacAdoodles and Shurmur always felt like the third or fourth choices for the team despite how much Mara says otherwise.

What happens if Rhule stays at Baylor?

340?cb=20110830184931

32 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Why Greg Roman?

How hard is it to call a gameplan when you have Jackson as QB?

"Oh if nothing is open scramble for 50 yards while making 11 people miss tackling you"

We might as well call McAttack back if we are talking about OCs who were bailed out by their QBs.

Jackson’s play is night and day since Roman was hired.  Of course a percentage of that can be attributed to natural growth and progression but I really love that the guy came to Baltimore, had no wide receivers and specifically designed and tailored his offense around his qb’s skillset and offensive personnel.  He didn’t try to fit Jackson into his own system.  He has a cool offense based around running hard and throwing to tight ends and the ravens now have the best scoring differential of all time.  I like that kind of scheme for our personnel while we focus on building the lines rather than spending draft capital and cap space on skill players.  

Also he made chicken salad out of chicken shit with Alex Smith when he still wasn’t very good, and kaepernick.  Kaepernick’s last good season was roman’s last with the 9ers.  He completely fell off a cliff after that.

Also, he’s a fat guy from Atlantic City 

1 minute ago, Herc said:

Jackson’s play is night and day since Roman was hired.  Of course a percentage of that can be attributed to natural growth and progression but I really love that the guy came to Baltimore, had no wide receivers and specifically designed and tailored his offense around his qb’s skillset and offensive personnel.  He didn’t try to fit Jackson into his own system.  He has a cool offense based around running hard and throwing to tight ends and the ravens now have the best scoring differential of all time.  I like that kind of scheme for our personnel while we focus on building the lines rather than spending draft capital and cap space on skill players.  

Also he made chicken salad out of chicken shit with Alex Smith when he still wasn’t very good, and kaepernick.  Kaepernick’s last good season was roman’s last with the 9ers.  He completely fell off a cliff after that.

My thoughts exactly.

He tailors his offenses to fit the strengths of the players instead of trying to get guys to run 'his system" which often doesn't work.  Basically does the things Shurmur said he was going to do but never did. 

Please.

Patriots fans have been so consumed with talk of Tom Brady’s future that they seemingly have overlooked the status of Bill Belichick. Well, that soon might change. Following New England’s wild-card loss to the Tennessee Titans on Saturday, Boston Sports Journal’s Greg Bedard speculated about Belichick’s future with the Patriots. And while Bedard does not definitively report that Belichick could be on his way out, his speculation nevertheless should raise some eyebrows. From his column published Saturday night: “There have been increasing NFL rumors that perhaps Belichick is not as wedded to Foxborough as many of us, certainly me, thought. Is Belichick setting up a final test on whether he has complete control of the football operations? I think Belichick would be OK with Brady being back, but not at the expense of the rest of the team. There are four openings out there and they won’t last forever. If Belichick is contemplating a move, it would have to come soon. There’s no solid intel, but some rumblings I hadn’t heard before. So I don’t rule anything out. “For the record, my money is still on Bill and Tom being back together again for Year 21.” Of course, rumors about Belichick are nothing new. The New York tabloids have been trying to tie the Patriots head coach to the Giants for the past few years. But Bedard is among the most tied-in reporters covering the Patriots, and rarely is someone who engages in reckless speculation. As such, his mere mentioning of these “rumblings” is newsworthy. As for Brady, the 42-year-old quarterback remains the No. 1 storyline entering a fascinating offseason in Foxboro.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2020/01/nfl-rumors-rumblings-bill-belichick-is-considering-leaving-patriots/

10 minutes ago, Herc said:

His offense revolves around Jackson either throwing the ball for a TD or running for a TD.

You take Jackson out of the equation and his offense doesn't even break the top 20 of the NFL.

Look at any team he's been the OC for and his team's rankings have been below average.

The only times he's had a top 10 offense? With Jackson.

This guy is a one year wonder and is the next MacAttack in the making.

Some team like the Browns will put the trigger on him.

Like I said I don't see why anyone would want him unless you want a one dimensional offense that won't take you anywhere. 

Oh unless you have the MVP of the NFL.

It's why I hated the Macadoo hiring and why I don't like the idea of the OC from the Cheifs. 

When you have a QB like Mahomes, Rodgers, Jackson how much game planning is there really?

These guys make their own plays and are walking Madden cheat codes.

49 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

His offense revolves around Jackson either throwing the ball for a TD or running for a TD.

You take Jackson out of the equation and his offense doesn't even break the top 20 of the NFL.

Look at any team he's been the OC for and his team's rankings have been below average.

The only times he's had a top 10 offense? With Jackson.

This guy is a one year wonder and is the next MacAttack in the making.

Some team like the Browns will put the trigger on him.

Like I said I don't see why anyone would want him unless you want a one dimensional offense that won't take you anywhere. 

Oh unless you have the MVP of the NFL.

Those niners teams had average skill position personnel.  Average to below average qbs, Frank gore, career underachiever Vernon Davis, and a wr corps starring the immortal Michael Crabtree. He got the absolute best possible return out of the cards he was dealt and had an offense that was good enough to win playoff games.  Now he has an mvp and has the best offense.  

Jackson has 7 of the team’s 21 rushing td’s.  Saying they just give him the ball and he scores is an oversimplification.  I think you’ll see that if you watch this weekend.  

2018: Jackson has almost as many rushing attempts as passing attempts for the season. Looks pathetic in the playoff game.  Team scared to throw against the Chargers in a playoff game even down multiple scores. 

2019: Greg Roman hired.  Jackson wins mvp.  Ravens have top offense in football. “Well of course they are good.  They have Lamar Jackson”

Does this logic work for belichick and Brady?  Belichick got fired by the browns.  He’s won 6 Super Bowls since.  Well of course he did, he had the greatest player of all time!

you can’t make that argument in such a cocksure way unless Jackson did it before he teamed up with Roman.  It’s entirely possible that they are both good