SportsWrath

Potential coaches...rank em

gmenroc

1 hour ago, Herc said:

Those niners teams had average skill position personnel.  Average to below average qbs, Frank gore, career underachiever Vernon Davis, and a wr corps starring the immortal Michael Crabtree. He got the absolute best possible return out of the cards he was dealt and had an offense that was good enough to win playoff games.  Now he has an mvp and has the best offense.  

Jackson has 7 of the team’s 21 rushing td’s.  Saying they just give him the ball and he scores is an oversimplification.  I think you’ll see that if you watch this weekend.  

2018: Jackson has almost as many rushing attempts as passing attempts for the season. Looks pathetic in the playoff game.  Team scared to throw against the Chargers in a playoff game even down multiple scores. 

2019: Greg Roman hired.  Jackson wins mvp.  Ravens have top offense in football. “Well of course they are good.  They have Lamar Jackson”

Does this logic work for belichick and Brady?  Belichick got fired by the browns.  He’s won 6 Super Bowls since.  Well of course he did, he had the greatest player of all time!

you can’t make that argument in such a cocksure way unless Jackson did it before he teamed up with Roman.  It’s entirely possible that they are both good

The Ravens offence was top 10 before Roman no?

Jackson just took a step forward this year.

Roman has been a bum OC and I don't see how anyone looking at his record to say otherwise.

They have been consistently bottom 20 of the NFL.

What am I missing?

He's had one good year and been fired by multiple teams.

And yes the logic works for Billy as well he wouldnt of been as successful if he didn't have the greatest QB to play the game on the field are you insane? Lol 

Obviously the relationship was symbiotic they made each other better.

Look at Spags with the Giants he has one the best defensive lines in the league with a HOF player on it and he's one of the best HC candidates in the NFL. What has he done since?

The problem is Roman has never had a good offense with any team across multiple skill sets.

Yet you give him the MVP of the NFL and suddenly he's a good OC?

Naww doesnt work that way.

Rhule coming to NJ to interview is huge.

Panthers had to fly down to Mexico for the interview. 

Keep in kind the Rhule interview will be the first time Tisch is at any if the interviews as well 

All reports are we hear of him being hired not to long after if the interview goes well 

I don't necessarily want someone who is offensive or defensive minded, I want a Head coach, a person in charge, not someone with a niche - a glorified offensive playcaller.  By all reports, that appears to be Rhule.  Don't know much about him, but he seems to be a god fit. 

The division is now full of coaches with a ton of success, the Giants aren't going to find someone with those resumes, so hopefully whoever it is is a leader, not a guy hand picked with the sole purpose of aiding in Jones' development.

3 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I don't necessarily want someone who is offensive or defensive minded, I want a Head coach, a person in charge, not someone with a niche - a glorified offensive playcaller.  By all reports, that appears to be Rhule.  Don't know much about him, but he seems to be a god fit. 

The division is now full of coaches with a ton of success, the Giants aren't going to find someone with those resumes, so hopefully whoever it is is a leader, not a guy hand picked with the sole purpose of aiding in Jones' development.

Yeah I’m climbing aboard the Rhule train... let’s hope in 2 years we are not looking for another new head coach