SportsWrath

The Chase Young game.

BlueInCanada

OT class seems to be deep every year the last five.  Who do you want starting at RT and eventually at LT?  First rounder or a Seventh?  For all the talk about Chase Young, he won't be on the field 100% of the time, the true LT will be.

1 minute ago, Tempest said:

OT class seems to be deep every year the last five.  Who do you want starting at RT and eventually at LT?  First rounder or a Seventh?  For all the talk about Chase Young, he won't be on the field 100% of the time, the true LT will be.

How much time do you want opposing QBs to have against the Giants? Lol

I'd rather have a first round generational talent DE and a OT in the second who has little talent difference from one who isn't even a top 10 player in the draft.

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

How much time do you want opposing QBs to have against the Giants? Lol

I'd rather have a first round generational talent DE and a OT in the second who has little talent difference from one who isn't even a top 10 player in the draft.

If they get a WR open in less than 3 seconds, does it matter? :Popcorn-emot:

Just now, Tempest said:

If they get a WR open in less than 3 seconds, does it matter? :Popcorn-emot:

Oh ok why even bother with pass matter then just drop 11 guys a snap lol

I guess we will need to invest in a first round OT who's not worth it cause Jones is going to is going to have to score 40 points a game lol

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

Oh ok why even bother with pass matter then just drop 11 guys a snap lol

I guess we will need to invest in a first round OT who's not worth it cause Jones is going to is going to have to score 40 points a game lol

That is where the NFL is going, been going for nearly 20 years.

16 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

They fell two spots. All we need is one dumbass team to trade into the top 3 for a QB and we'll still get someone we're happy with. 

We end up with a top 5 player at least.

The Bungals probably go QB, however after his injury Tua might fall out of the top 5.

The good news is there's some real talent in the draft.

Young, Jeudy, Simmons, Thomas, Wirfs (my preferred tackle),  Brown.

Preferably the Giants draft Young but if they can't get him then Brown is my next pick easily the best LB in the draft who can play the run pass and rush the passer.

Wirfs would be my choice for Oline if they go that way, he's NFL ready and knows how to play with technique and strength and is nimble for a guy who's over 6 foot 5 and 330 pounds. 

16 hours ago, Tempest said:

Blue,

You are counter to everything I've seen and believe in regards to the NY Giants and the NFL and don't fault you for it.

I don't see how though pass rusher are highly more valuable in today's passing league then OTs in regards to the draft and even free agency.

The winning teams in this league all have one thing in common on defense dominate pass rush to counter the passing league with high round picks or highly paid pass rushers.

The Giants have been able to score points this year, one thing they haven't been able to do is stop other teams from scoring points and not drafting defense doesn't help that.

from what I've read and the little I've seen, looks like a four player draft.... Burrow, Jeudy, Young, and Simmons. Then we have a log jam of supposed late first level OL and WR talent. 

picking fifth in a four player draft would really suck.... that's how we got Cedric Jones. 

Simmons is a tweener though, he may slide a bit since he's not really any specific position on D. And he's almost as high on my wish list as Chase Young. 

Not sure Kaden Smith has received quite enough praise for his performance yesterday. Go back and watch Barkley's highlights from yesterday and key in on #82... about 60 of Barkley's yards could be attributed to Smith's blocking. 

Not sure who 52 on Washington is, but Smith took his lunch money. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

from what I've read and the little I've seen, looks like a four player draft.... Burrow, Jeudy, Young, and Simmons. Then we have a log jam of supposed late first level OL and WR talent. 

picking fifth in a four player draft would really suck.... that's how we got Cedric Jones. 

Simmons is a tweener though, he may slide a bit since he's not really any specific position on D. And he's almost as high on my wish list as Chase Young. 

I don't like Simmons simply for the tweener aspect of his game.

He isn't big enough to be a LB but he'd probably make a hell of a strong safety which means Peppers is gone if that's the case.

If we went for a LB I'd go Brown dude is a monster and can play all aspects of the LB role.

Would finally have a decent LB on the team too.

49 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Not sure Kaden Smith has received quite enough praise for his performance yesterday. Go back and watch Barkley's highlights from yesterday and key in on #82... about 60 of Barkley's yards could be attributed to Smith's blocking. 

Not sure who 52 on Washington is, but Smith took his lunch money. 

I've always been serious when I said Smith is the better TE than Engram.

Engram isn't a TE he's a WR who can block.

I'd have no problem going forward with Smith and Ellison as the starting TEs.

I for one need to give major kudos to the way the OL played yesterday. Overall the run and pass blocking was something I was hoping to see all year. Skins pass rush is nothing to write home about but still - the OL played their best game of the season.

Outside of Young, who are the top DL/LB prospects in the draft?

22 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I don't like Simmons simply for the tweener aspect of his game.

He isn't big enough to be a LB but he'd probably make a hell of a strong safety which means Peppers is gone if that's the case.

If we went for a LB I'd go Brown dude is a monster and can play all aspects of the LB role.

Would finally have a decent LB on the team too.

Simmons may be able to play at all three levels, edge, lb, or safety. And all at a high level. 

I'll have to check this Brown dude out though. Been far too long since we've had a lb worth a damn.