SportsWrath

The Chase Young game.

BlueInCanada

I think it is time for the Giants to make a change at how they view the linebacker position.  Giants linebackers tend to be big, slow liabilities in coverage inconsistent pass rushers.  Giants defensive line have become very stout upfront and the problem remains what happens behind them.  I want to see the Giants go with lighter and faster players at linebacker.  Going for players in the 220-240 range even if they top out at 6-2.  There are a lot of linebackers in this league who are succeeding that the Giants wouldn't even look at because they aren't tall enough or heavy enough.

22 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I think it is time for the Giants to make a change at how they view the linebacker position.  Giants linebackers tend to be big, slow liabilities in coverage inconsistent pass rushers.  Giants defensive line have become very stout upfront and the problem remains what happens behind them.  I want to see the Giants go with lighter and faster players at linebacker.  Going for players in the 220-240 range even if they top out at 6-2.  There are a lot of linebackers in this league who are succeeding that the Giants wouldn't even look at because they aren't tall enough or heavy enough.

I think the problem is they just dont invest in good LBs who are normally on this range like you said.

They instead draft late round scraps who are the big slower guys who don't warrant anything more than a forth round pick.

It's why I hate Mara and company sticking their hands into ever aspect of the team.

For some reason there's a "prototype player" that Mara likes and Getty has to stock to it.

In sure Getty wouldn't mind getting a Luke Kechley on this team but Mara would never allow it.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think the problem is they just dont invest in good LBs who are normally on this range like you said.

They instead draft late round scraps who are the big slower guys who don't warrant anything more than a forth round pick.

It's why I hate Mara and company sticking their hands into ever aspect of the team.

For some reason there's a "prototype player" that Mara likes and Getty has to stock to it.

In sure Getty wouldn't mind getting a Luke Kechley on this team but Mara would never allow it.

Maybe sizing has something to do with Chris Mara in the scouting department.  Giants have mostly drafted big linebackers and this been successful in the past, not so much lately.  Dave Gettleman doesn't have a problem with drafting smaller linebackers and I think we will see him target a couple this off season.

6 hours ago, Tempest said:

Isn’t Ximinis (sp) a linebacker?

10 hours ago, mastershake said:

Chase Young disappeared and did absolutely nothing the past three games when facing quality opponents. All the more reason to be glad to draft someone else; OL Andrew Thomas, DB/LB Isaiah Simmons, DB Jeff Odukah, WR Jerry Jeudy, DE AJ Epenesa

Young still the pick.

And please no to Thomas side is Flowers 2.0

Just now, mastershake said:

Then pick any of those other players. Epenesa is intriguing.

I'd love Jeudy or Wills/Wirfs as OTs.

Wirfs is more of a technical OT, his pass blocking is probably the best in the draft.

Wills is the strong man of the OTs and probably the best run blocker.

Simmons is interesting but I hate that tweener type of player, they always seem to suck in the NFL but I guess it depends on whoever the DC is, they may want the guy.

Epenesa as you said is interesting, a lot of talent just not a lot of production, could be a sign.

All I know is Getty better have his shit together because he has 70+ million in cap space and a top 5 pick.

No more excuses, build a winning fucking team.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:35 AM, mastershake said:

Chase Young disappeared and did absolutely nothing the past three games when facing quality opponents. All the more reason to be glad to draft someone else; OL Andrew Thomas, DB/LB Isaiah Simmons, DB Jeff Odukah, WR Jerry Jeudy, DE AJ Epenesa

https://mobile.twitter.com/jedgarosu/status/1204541393064091648

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Young officially declared for the NFL draft.

So he's going to the Redskins IMO.

Going to be scary him and Sweat ever year killing DJ.

somewhat unfortunately for the 'Skins, Young happens to be at a position of strength for them. You already mentioned Sweat, Ryan Kerrigan is still under contract, and their best pass rusher this season was Ryan Anderson, also a fairly young player. I think drafting Young would be the smart move for them. But if anybody could screw it up, it's Dan Snyder's boys. 

Just now, CrazedDogs said:

somewhat unfortunately for the 'Skins, Young happens to be at a position of strength for them. You already mentioned Sweat, Ryan Kerrigan is still under contract, and their best pass rusher this season was Ryan Anderson, also a fairly young player. I think drafting Young would be the smart move for them. But if anybody could screw it up, it's Dan Snyder's boys. 

I dunno supposedly Snyder has bent over for Rivera and given him the keys to the castle.

Granted all that will change once the regular season starts and Snyder wants to meddle in everything again.

Young on a Rivera/Del Rio defense scares the fuck outta me.