SportsWrath

NY GIANTS VS philadelphia eagles Game Thread

fringe

Yep. The NFL has gone full on air raid and he's dink and dunk all day

And worse, he cant even recognize what his team was doing well and what was working in the first half and translate that to success in the second half. Like he gameplanned for one half of football.

Taking the points when you have them is coaching 101. I dont know what coach that goes for two in the first half. Or what Quarterback decides throwing into triple coverage in field goal range with 20 seconds on the clock in the first half is a good idea. What boneheads.

The 3rd and 18 time-out was the height of stupidity, but thats on Eli.

Also, I dont know how if youre betcher, you let a WR roam free in the middle of the field on that 4th down conversion (with three defenders behind him).

I thought they were going to sneak it or run so I think that pass might have caught them off guard.

Taking the points when you have them is coaching 101. I dont know what coach that goes for two in the first half. Or what Quarterback decides throwing into triple coverage in field goal range with 20 seconds on the clock in the first half is a good idea. What boneheads.

Yup. Shurmer should go.

I get going for 2 after the penalty. But why not run it? The yard and a half difference really is not an advantage when you pass...

Granted... Eli makes the right read its an easy 2

Strictly speaking, the offense has no cohesive identity. Do they want to run the ball with the bellcow or do they want to attack vertically? Ideally, one should set up the other and it did up until the second half today. And thats on Shurmur.

Strictly speaking, the offense has no cohesive identity. Do they want to run the ball with the bellcow or do they want to attack vertically? Ideally, one should set up the other and it did up until the second half today. And thats on Shurmur.

They have an identity. Every other play is either a defender in Elis face, checkdown pass, or 2 yard in/out route.

And worse, he cant even recognize what his team was doing well and what was working in the first half and translate that to success in the second half. Like he gameplanned for one half of football.

The Eagles had bag boys from Wawa playing in their secondary and they can't exploit it. smfh

Well I mean what else are they gonna say?

"Yeah we look forward to losing the next eight weeks and just continuing the trend of fucking up when it matters most" lol

It's like when Plax was asked before the SB what he thought the score would be.

"Yeah the Pats are 18-0 so the Giants are gonna lose 37-10"

I think it could have been approached differently instead of sounding like the same guys who went for a boat ride and got bounced out of the playoffs.

Its painful being an NFL fan ( I dont know why we put ourselves through it )

At least Ive seen 4 Super Bowl wins I suppose.

Time for Whiskey

This

The Eagles had bag boys from Wawa playing in their secondary and they can't exploit it. smfh

and that- not only that but their receivers , who are not thoroughbreds were so open and so able to RAC. Gaping holes in the Giants secondary all year. This team was ill prepared to go 3-4 or just ill prepared period.

This. You guys should have KILLED us yesterday.

Technically we did... the refs missed so many PI calls and was capped by the very last one when we had to settle for a FG intead of 1st and goal on the 1 yard line or so...

Technically we did... the refs missed so many PI calls and was capped by the very last one when we had to settle for a FG intead of 1st and goal on the 1 yard line or so...

If you're referring to the two missed PI's I'm gonna say it's an excuse Nas. Every team in the league has missed PI calls in every game. The thing that really stuck out to me was the abandonment of your run game which was churning out points for the Giants and had the Eagles on their heels throughout the entire first half.

The loss is entirely on Shurmur and the abandonment of the run game. The lack of attacking the corners thought is ridiculous because the times they tried, they forced the ball, they threw a pick and missed Beckham in the end zone.

That was a gameplan that put up over 300 yards in the first half.

I think something was up with Barkley an Shurmur is protecting him like a coach should:

Why wasn’t Beckham on the field for the first series of the second half?

Because he was in the locker room receiving fluids intravenously after suffering from cramps just before play was about to begin. “I was fine and then I went out and took off running and I just felt like a bite in that calf,” Beckham said. “Once you get a cramp in your calf, it’s over with. So I came back in, I got fluids.”

This isn’t the first time Beckham has missed snaps because of the issue, right?

Correct. Dehydration has been an issue for Beckham all season, and he has had to have an IV at halftime at least three times this year. “I think it happens once in a while,” Shurmur said. “He does fine getting himself prepared. I can’t tell you why it happens … He had to do something medically to get ready to play, so he did.”

The loss is entirely on Shurmur and the abandonment of the run game. The lack of attacking the corners thought is ridiculous because the times they tried, they forced the ball, they threw a pick and missed Beckham in the end zone.

That was a gameplan that put up over 300 yards in the first half.

Agreed.

That was one of the worst refereed games Ive seen in a long time but we shouldve won anyway. I cant speak to most aspects of shurmers coaching but his game management so far is not pretty. I put the loss squarely on him and a little on Eli. Im getting really fucking sick of this fourth quarter defense too