SportsWrath

A New York Post writer who gets it.

Sephiroth

I think Tom Coughlin has been in a unique position with Odell Beckham Jr this year. Bench him because he is misbehaving and there goes your offense. This isn't an exaggeration, just the ugly truth. I can't think of another player Tom Coughlin has coached that has been as important as discipline and played the way no other Tom Coughlin coached player has.

We will see what the NFL hands down. At any point during the game yesterday the following could have happened: Coaches sitting their players, Refs ejecting the offenders, TV coverage shifting to the 20 other players on the field. Coaches needed their best players, the refs left them in and the game went on instead of escalating into a team brawl on the field, and the cameras rolled hoping to catch the NFL story of the season.

He's treating Beckham like Parcells treated LT.

My criticism of Coughlin is that he doesn't take over games. He gives his players and assistants all the room they need to blow games.

I would have to go back to the Tiki Barber years to find a shakier coaching job

He's treating Beckham like Parcells treated LT.

My criticism of Coughlin is that he doesn't take over games. He gives his players and assistants all the room they need to blow games.

I would have to go back to the Tiki Barber years to find a shakier coaching job

At this point, he should have both the offense and defense under his control. McAdoo and Spagnuolo are clueless.

At this point, he should have both the offense and defense under his control. McAdoo and Spagnuolo are clueless.

Coughlin is overly aggressive with bad roster.

Reese is the truly clueless one.

Anyway, I hope he retires. If he forces the Giants to fire him, it woulf only add to the misery.

And that, along with his 1975 conditioning program, is Coughlin's great Achilles heel. The guy is just too loyal. How many times did Mathias Kiwanuka get run around last year when we had a great run stuffer in Wynn? Why did we jettison James Jones when most of us knew Ruben Randle sucked? How bad was Perry Fewell for his stay in new York? The guy doesn't know when to bail on someone.

Honestly, those are players I'd like to build a team around, everyone else can go, as far as I am concerned. Prince Amukamara, especially. He's a middling cornerback, that Giants fans inexplicably fawn over, and he always has been.

That's some serious depth issues though

If we agree that the talent level is sub par, how can we truly rate the Coordinators?

I don't agree with that assessment. It's not top tier, but it's also not sub par. They have guys they can win football games with. But they aren't.

Honestly, those are players I'd like to build a team around, everyone else can go, as far as I am concerned. Prince Amukamara, especially. He's a middling cornerback, that Giants fans inexplicably fawn over, and he always has been.

Which great CB do you replace him with?

There isn't anyone, you're right. but I think he's a little overrated because he's not what they thought he would be.

Rating mean nothing to me, players and teams go up and down those charts every week and every year. I'm not sure what the expectation was for Amukamara. I know he isn't the best in the league or the worst.

In the NFL you need more than two starting CBs and we only have two. Letting Amukamara go means now we need two more CBs. I think Amukamara is definitely worthy of an extension and there are legitimate durability concerns.

I don't agree with that assessment. It's not top tier, but it's also not sub par. They have guys they can win football games with. But they aren't.

Get Cruz on the field with Beckham and you'll have McAdoo entertaining head coaching offers.

One that won't want to see several million dollars a year.

I think Prince at most will cost maybe 2 million a year, which I think is what he's making now.

That is pretty much the going rate for any starting CB in the league, outside of those teams that are paying 20 million plus for their one/two combo.

I think Prince at most will cost maybe 2 million a year, which I think is what he's making now.

That is pretty much the going rate for any starting CB in the league, outside of those teams that are paying 20 million plus for their one/two combo.

Last year of his contract and he is making just under $7 million. $2 million is what you pay the top ten kickers in the NFL today just to give you some perspective.

At this point in time, there is minimal drop off between the two, sounds great to me.

Your frustration and rage has robbed you of perspective, Driz. Hosley isn't close to Prince.......and as you can see by the chart below (from overthecap.com) Prince will command at least $4M per year, which is right around what the Cowboys pay their CBs , Scandrick and Claiborne, for instance....and I'll take Prince over either one of them.

Tried to copy the chart but it wouldn't format. Here is the link:

http://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/