SportsWrath

Happy with the Dallas win... but...

Sephiroth

...holy fuck is this team bad.

It's great to beat Dallas... always is. However, when you're playing a team without it's starting QB, Pro-Bowl WR, and arguably best RB... and you get four turnovers and a special teams touchdown... there is NO WAY you should be squeaking out a seven-point-win with a minute and a half to go.

So, in summary, we needed the horrible Bills to beat themselves, had to squeak out a last second victory against the horrible 49ers, and had the satisfaction of beating Washington... even though we did everything we could to let them back into the game in the 4th quarter.

Don't get too excited, gentlemen.

Yep, I felt the same way after the game. I think our offense is completely exposed after playing Philly last week. Im only hoping it was just one of those crazy division games, but I doubt it. We really need Cruz to come back.

On a side note, I think that Darkwa kid has earned more playing time.

Yes, we are FAR FAR from a consistent competent team that can play 4 full quarters. The offense needs to put together some long drives - some long time consuming drives, complete 3rd downs at 60% and keep the defense from getting gassed every game. We were dominated in every aspect - time of possession, total yards, first downs....everywhere....except turnovers and the score. That was the difference. I don't where and how this offense is going to search for its soul but if OBJ doesn't get 15 targets irrespective of game situation next week this offense is going nowhere. Enough with the shit playcalling.

The last possession really made me mad. 1:48 left, Dallas with all their timeouts, we run up the middle three times and punt. 12 seconds burnt off the clock. Has McAdoo had the last Dallas game wiped from his memory? Thank the stars for Beasley's muffed punt return.

Yes, we are FAR FAR from a consistent competent team that can play 4 full quarters. The offense needs to put together some long drives - some long time consuming drives, complete 3rd downs at 60% and keep the defense from getting gassed every game. We were dominated in every aspect - time of possession, total yards, first downs....everywhere....except turnovers and the score. That was the difference. I don't where and how this offense is going to search for its soul but if OBJ doesn't get 15 targets irrespective of game situation next week this offense is going nowhere. Enough with the shit playcalling.

Good point.

The special teams and defense scored more points than our offense this week.

The last possession really made me mad. 1:48 left, Dallas with all their timeouts, we run up the middle three times and punt. 12 seconds burnt off the clock. Has McAdoo had the last Dallas game wiped from his memory? Thank the stars for Beasley's muffed punt return.

I actually liked those decisions. Dallas getting the ball back with a backup QB and no timeouts. The giants offense couldn't move or convert third downs all game, I would rather not risk a turnover or clock stoppage with no timeout used.

actually I did not have any problems with those calls ... leaving Dallas to drive the length of the field with no timeouts was a better option there ... no question we got lucky on the botched punt, but we'll take it.

had we thrown a pass and it was incomplete the clock would of stopped ,saving Dallas a time out of two depending on how many times we threw it and it was incomplete.

Giants played on a short week, and Dallas was coming off a bye week. Almost always, the team coming off the bye wins in that situation. To win at all, ugly or not, was very unlikely. Don't read too much into this one game. We were just damn lucky to hit this game with Dallas's two best players on the sidelines.

They couldn't get those all game, though.

Seems crazy to expect some kind of in-game offensive adjustment, maybe trying to target a pro-bowl WR or the-runing-back-previously-known-as-the-best-short-yardage-receiver-in-football, I know, but a guy can dream.

First 3 downs, we got rid of all of Dallas' timeouts. On 4th down, we got a first down and then ran out the clock. Not sure what the complaints are about.

What game were you watching?

1. New York Giants at 01:48
  2. 1-10-NYG 25 (1:48) 44-A.Williams right guard to NYG 27 for 2 yards (76-G.Hardy).
  3. Timeout #1 by DAL at 01:43.
  4. 2-8-NYG 27 (1:43) 44-A.Williams left guard to NYG 30 for 3 yards (96-N.Hayden).
  5. Timeout #2 by DAL at 01:39.
  6. 3-5-NYG 30 (1:39) (Shotgun) 26-O.Darkwa up the middle to NYG 32 for 2 yards (31-B.Jones).
  7. Timeout #3 by DAL at 01:36.
  8. 4-3-NYG 32 (1:36) 9-B.Wing punts 53 yards to DAL 15, Center-51-Z.DeOssie. 11-C.Beasley MUFFS catch, RECOVERED by NYG-19-M.White at DAL 16. 19-M.White to DAL 16 for no gain (11-C.Beasley).

2. 1-10-NYG 25 (1:48) 44-A.Williams right guard to NYG 27 for 2 yards (76-G.Hardy).
  4. 2-8-NYG 27 (1:43) 44-A.Williams left guard to NYG 30 for 3 yards (96-N.Hayden).
  6. 3-5-NYG 30 (1:39) (Shotgun) 26-O.Darkwa up the middle to NYG 32 for 2 yards (31-B.Jones).
  8. 4-3-NYG 32 (1:36) 9-B.Wing punts 53 yards to DAL 15, Center-51-Z.DeOssie. 11-C.Beasley MUFFS catch, RECOVERED by NYG-19-M.White at DAL 16. 19-M.White to DAL 16 for no gain (11-C.Beasley).

First 3 downs, we got rid of all of Dallas' timeouts. On 4th down, we got a first down and then ran out the clock. Not sure what the complaints are about.

Aren't these the same thing?

That play calling makes me sad. Why the hell would Darkwa be used instead of Vereen? Thank god for small miracles and Rad Brad punting a knuckler.

I'm with Tree on this one. I know the book says you'd rather take your chances against Dallas offense than defense but we historically pull defeat from the jaws of victory against them. the games usually are won by whomever has the ball last.

I actually liked those decisions. Dallas getting the ball back with a backup QB and no timeouts. The giants offense couldn't move or convert third downs all game, I would rather not risk a turnover or clock stoppage with no timeout used.

Agreed with Drizzle.....make them burn their timeouts. I would have been okay with a pass on 3rd down to try to convert, but to me, that was the sort of football that could have beaten Dallas the first time around.

While I agree that the conservative playcalling by calling 3 running plays to eat the clock and burn timeouts was the right thing to do in that situation considering how fucked up our offense was all game. But it is exactly that kind of pussy-ass conservative play calling that will kill us against better teams in other situations. Playoffs with Romo and Dez there, we cannot afford to call that kind of shit. I know we have been burned by trying to be a little bold in the past, but our offense has to give us more confidence and in turn we need to place more confidence in our offense.