SportsWrath

Trying to Put a Positive Spin on Things - sorta like lipstick on a pig

BleedinBlue

All four teams in the NFC East are 0-1 except Dallas.

Dez Bryant (Dallas' biggest weapon) has suffered a broken foot and will be out about 6 weeks (this could likely be a nagging problem for him after he returns)

DeSean Jackson (Redskin's biggest weapon) has a pulled hamstring that will keep him out for at least 3-4 weeks and could likely be a problem throughout the season once he returns

Eagles suffered no significant injuries, but showed they aren't ready for prime time after getting beat by lowly Atlanta.

The Giants suffered no significant injuries - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???

---------------------------------------------------

The first loss of the season stings like crazy...mainly because we handed the win over to the Cowboys from complete stupidity and we all know now that we should be the only team in our division in the win column.

However, the whole division sucked and the Cowboys, who were given a gift win, lost their biggest offensive threat that has got to hurt them.

I'm just looking at it like I do every year. we have one or two really stupid games we lose that we should have won, so at least we got the first one out of the way now.

Unfortunately, it makes it that much harder to take the division lead or fight to get into the playoffs when we are inevitably faced with a must win toward the end of the season. This loss is huge. The Giants aren't tied for last right now-they are last. They are the only East team with a division loss.

Unfortunately, it makes it that much harder to take the division lead or fight to get into the playoffs when we are inevitably faced with a must win toward the end of the season. This loss is huge. The Giants aren't tied for last right now-they are last. They are the only East team with a division loss.

I know Drizzle, not only was it a division loss, but we helped the damn Cowboys who didn't even deserve it in the first place. I can take a loss, but the way it happened makes me want people off this team right now. maybe Eli was worried more about finding a good tax shelter for his big extension, rather than getting a win.....poor guy.

I'm just looking at it like I do every year. we have one or two really stupid games we lose that we should have won, so at least we got the first one out of the way now.

Exactly.

Around week 7 or 8, Eli will get his 5-pick game out of the way, and then it'll be smooth sailing.

Figuring that the team's absolute ceiling this year is wildcard (and I'm talking one and done), Sunday seemed like good news to me.

New DC in first real game in system for these players--not slaughtered. Without key players, and a half-assed secondary.

Offensive line playing first game together didn't look like the absolute clusterfuck it could have. Especially when you consider this was Schwartz's first full game since he signed(?).

Yeah, we should have won but screwed up the time management, but 1) if you went by the predictions, we shouldn't have been in that position; 2) if Dallas wasn't given a TD with that PI, we wouldn't have been in that position.

Oh well, next game...

All four teams in the NFC East are 0-1 except Dallas.

Dez Bryant (Dallas' biggest weapon) has suffered a broken foot and will be out about 6 weeks (this could likely be a nagging problem for him after he returns)

DeSean Jackson (Redskin's biggest weapon) has a pulled hamstring that will keep him out for at least 3-4 weeks and could likely be a problem throughout the season once he returns

Eagles suffered no significant injuries, but showed they aren't ready for prime time after getting beat by lowly Atlanta.

The Giants suffered no significant injuries - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???

---------------------------------------------------

The first loss of the season stings like crazy...mainly because we handed the win over to the Cowboys from complete stupidity and we all know now that we should be the only team in our division in the win column.

However, the whole division sucked and the Cowboys, who were given a gift win, lost their biggest offensive threat that has got to hurt them.

Coughlin's brain injury has to be taken into account... I'm still trying to make sense of that clusterfuck... and I can't...

I think most folks were expecting the Giants to lose...so yeah, I think think most were surprised to see them winning for the vast majority of the game. It also makes the loss that much more difficult to stomach.

The season isn't over, but a few things about the loss...

...it was to a division opponent.

...the rest of the division lost, so we'd solely own first place

...the loss was avoidable

...the ineptitude displayed in causing the loss, with Jennings, Eli, Coughlin, McAdoo...casts a HUGE shadow over the rest of the season.

This one is going to be a tough one to get back. But, we have two games next week...Sunday and Thursday...wins in those two will help erase this one...but like the San Francisco game and Philadelphia game years ago...this one ranks right up there.

Exactly.

Around week 7 or 8, Eli will get his 5-pick game out of the way, and then it'll be smooth sailing.

Smooth sailing after we miss the playoffs but continue to "win" because we're "winners"... Duh... winning

"Lowly Atlanta"? They could easily hang 30+ on us this week.

I honestly have not followed the moves made by Atlanta in the offseason. All I know is they drafted ahead of us this year (our lowest draft position in over a decade) which means they were worse than the Giants last year and to me, that seems "lowly" considering the teams drafting ahead of us. I know they took Vic Beasley, but don't know if that is what it takes for the team to turn around.

Their 6 wins amounted to 2 wins against Tampa Bay, 2 wins against the Saints, etc., so that's not particularly impressive.

Regardless, I certainly don't take them lightly, but I don't see them in the same league as the Eagles. Maybe they made good decisions in offseason, I don't know.

Here's a positive that no one is talking about.

The Giants had more rushing yards than the Cowboys. Partly due to one big run by Jennings, but it's still a positive sign. The Giants held Dallas to 80 total yards rushing and that's a huge improvement over last year.

The downside was that Romo using short chip shots racked up a lot of passing yards....BUT - we picked him off a few times, LOL

But I'm thrilled that we held a team under 100 yds rushing.

Was thinking the same has Tree..."lowly Atlanta?" If Matt Ryan has 60 seconds in the pocket like Romo they are hanging 30 or more on us

That's true, but that Dallas line is the best in the league. Atlanta is contemplating whether or not to sign Jake Long. We have a chance to get to him.

Here's a positive that no one is talking about.

The Giants had more rushing yards than the Cowboys. Partly due to one big run by Jennings, but it's still a positive sign. The Giants held Dallas to 80 total yards rushing and that's a huge improvement over last year.

The downside was that Romo using short chip shots racked up a lot of passing yards....BUT - we picked him off a few times, LOL

But I'm thrilled that we held a team under 100 yds rushing.

If you really want a thrill, go watch that big Jennings run again. Erik Flowers absolutely DESTROYS his man. Just fucking kills him.

That's true, but that Dallas line is the best in the league. Atlanta is contemplating whether or not to sign Jake Long. We have a chance to get to him.

Would love to take Jake for a stop gap on the right side. However, a google search shows me that Long is signing with Atlanta. That sucks. Although I doubt he'd suit up for this week's game because he needs some getting up to speed on some ways Atlanta does things...but it wouldn't surprise me they'd have him in for a few snaps.

If you really want a thrill, go watch that big Jennings run again. Erik Flowers absolutely DESTROYS his man. Just fucking kills him.

Was that Randy Gregory? I know that in college, Flowers dominated Gregory (the "best" defensive end in the draft, but filled with issues like brain death, drugs, retardation, etc.). But I saw Gregory get around Flowers once, and after that, Flowers started throwing him around as if it pissed him off.

Note: Giants working out WR Josh Lenz http://nfltraderumors.co/giants-working-out-wr-josh-lenz/

Yeah, if it weren't so early in the season I would view Atlanta as a litmus test. Should be able to get to Ryan... need to be able to get to Ryan. Its going to be a long season if they can't mount a pass rush against Atlanta.