SportsWrath

Trying to Put a Positive Spin on Things - sorta like lipstick on a pig

BleedinBlue

Would love to take Jake for a stop gap on the right side. However, a google search shows me that Long is signing with Atlanta. That sucks. Although I doubt he'd suit up for this week's game because he needs some getting up to speed on some ways Atlanta does things...but it wouldn't surprise me they'd have him in for a few snaps.

Was that Randy Gregory? I know that in college, Flowers dominated Gregory (the "best" defensive end in the draft, but filled with issues like brain death, drugs, retardation, etc.). But I saw Gregory get around Flowers once, and after that, Flowers started throwing him around as if it pissed him off.

Note: Giants working out WR Josh Lenz http://nfltraderumors.co/giants-working-out-wr-josh-lenz/

Gregory beat him the play after he injured his ankle...after that he tossed him around like a ragdoll

Gregory beat him the play after he injured his ankle...after that he tossed him around like a ragdoll

Flowers is one tough S.O.B.

Flowers must have pissed off Jeremy Mincey when he pushed him aside for Jennings to pick up a badly needed first down because Mincey lost it. Probably thought he could handle a rookie like Flowers, but found out differently and took a swat at him. Flowers did well to stand down after he looked like he was about to get into it.

Kid is going to be a star. So strong, so young, and he gets all excited for the other players when they make a play. Giants got a steal when they picked him up.

Flowers is one tough S.O.B.

Flowers must have pissed off Jeremy Mincey when he pushed him aside for Jennings to pick up a badly needed first down because Mincey lost it. Probably thought he could handle a rookie like Flowers, but found out differently and took a swat at him. Flowers did well to stand down after he looked like he was about to get into it.

Kid is going to be a star. So strong, so young, and he gets all excited for the other players when they make a play. Giants got a steal when they picked him up.

That right there really impressed me. I know the Giants were high on his character before the draft, citing his preference to work out with his Dad rather than go enjoy the Miami nightlife with his teammates. I think they picked a really mature guy.

Yeah, the kid, in his first professional (real) game, acquitted himself very well at the premium and most challenging position on the offensive line. The Giants really got a good one, yet again with their first round pick.

Early on, I had Peat as my highest OT in the draft, but the more I watched film of Flowers, the more I liked him. I didn't see the heavy feet some people were talking about, and thought he could be a future LT for a long time... but I had no idea it would be this soon. Plus the game tape said he would be a monster in the run game and I think we are seeing that. By the time we got to the draft I had Flowers pegged to the Giants, and both Scherff and Peat going after him... however, Scherff as we know went before Flowers, to the Redskins.

Not sure how Scherff did, but it already looks like he's pegged as a Guard, and we have "the aircraft carrier" LT of the future, and when Beatty comes back, a dominant, road-grading RT.

At one point bigblue25 said that Flowers was the top OT on his board as well. And Bleedin' also had high praise for him and thought he'd be a very good OT.

It's just amazing a lot of us looked at Flowers and said... yep... that guy is going to be a baller... and so many other draft experts had him behind Scherff, Peat, and in some cases even other guys like D.J. Humphries and T.J. Clemmings.

I'm very pleased with the very early returns on Flowers... hope he continues to blossom. See what I did there?

Would love to take Jake for a stop gap on the right side. However, a google search shows me that Long is signing with Atlanta. That sucks. Although I doubt he'd suit up for this week's game because he needs some getting up to speed on some ways Atlanta does things...but it wouldn't surprise me they'd have him in for a few snaps.

Was that Randy Gregory? I know that in college, Flowers dominated Gregory (the "best" defensive end in the draft, but filled with issues like brain death, drugs, retardation, etc.). But I saw Gregory get around Flowers once, and after that, Flowers started throwing him around as if it pissed him off.

Note: Giants working out WR Josh Lenz http://nfltraderumors.co/giants-working-out-wr-josh-lenz/

I really hope if they sign this Lenz guy, that it's to take Preston Parker's spot and doesn't prevent Geremy Davis from stepping in immediately as #3 until Cruz is healthy (which who knows when that could be).

If they sign this Lens guy I'd assume its for practice squad.

Yeah, I'm sure of that. I doubt they'd cut Parker, but if they did, they'd probably promote Julian Talley from the practice squad who has worked with the team and knows the play book and keep Lenz on the PS until he proved himself to the coaches.

Interesting that Dallas is working out Hakeem Nix to replace Bryant while he's out. I doubt Nix would come back and work for TC, but it might not be the worst thought. There was a time not long ago we were thinking the Giants were going to give him a long term contract at 10M per. Guess the team knew what thye were doing when they let him walk.