SportsWrath

Remember all the bitching because we didn't draft LB Kaseem Greene?

BleedinBlue

A couple of years ago, we had a hundred discussions on why we took Nassib while linebacker Kaseem Greene was still on the board. Many thought Kaseem Greene would finally fix all our linebacking woes.

"(Chicago Tribune) "Greene became the odd man out in a competition at inside linebacker that includes Christian Jones, Shea McClellin, Jon Bostic and Mason Foster".

Well - he rarely got off the bench at Chicago except as a player on STs and now they've cut him and he is probably available for the low, low price of a 1 yr minimum salary contract.

Meanwhile, Nassib has...

One of the finest backup QB's in the league who by all accounts, will be end up being a starting and successful NFL QB for years to come. Should Eli go down (God forbid), I am comfortable that Nassib could do a better than average job at running Mcadoo's system.

Nassib has the arm, accuracy, and poise to be an excellent pocket QB. Now he is learning to emulate Eli and transfer all the knowledge and instincts of Eli into his own head. That is priceless.

One of the finest backup QB's in the league who by all accounts, will be end up being a starting and successful NFL QB for years to come. Should Eli go down (God forbid), I am comfortable that Nassib could do a better than average job at running Mcadoo's system.

Nassib has the arm, accuracy, and poise to be an excellent pocket QB. Now he is learning to emulate Eli and transfer all the knowledge and instincts of Eli into his own head. That is priceless.

What on earth has he shown to lead you to that statement? Hell, what has he shownb to justify any of your statement?

...retained his job.

I'm a believer in Nassib, was glad we picked him, hell I think I even called that pick before we made it. I'm glad we took him, but I don't think a LB getting cut from a team traditionally deep in LB's is proof that Nassib was a better pick, especially considering that Greene has actually contributed on the field. And I certainly don't think there has been any sample size to suggest Nassib will be anything substansive, we're all still going by his college potential.

What on earth has he shown to lead you to that statement? Hell, what has he shownb to justify any of your statement?

I'm a believer in Nassib, was glad we picked him, hell I think I even called that pick before we made it. I'm glad we took him, but I don't think a LB getting cut from a team traditionally deep in LB's is proof that Nassib was a better pick, especially considering that Greene has actually contributed on the field. And I certainly don't think there has been any sample size to suggest Nassib will be anything substansive, we're all still going by his college potential.

Well Bleedin will overrate players on the Giants roster, which is perfectly fine. Giants still made the right move grabbing Nassib and I'm perfectly happy having him throw 20-30 passes in the preseason then holding a clipboard for the rest of the season. I would like to see what happens when his contract is over.

I certainly think he has the potential to develop into a starter in the NFL, but he's actually done squat so far as a backup or starter.

Well to backup Jomo all of the Bears defense has been terrible since Lovie was fired. If the Bucs picked him up then Lovie must see something in him and his Bear's D had good LBs.

Or Lovie Smith is interested in having players that he has brought up in his system in Tampa to help other players with the transition.