SportsWrath

If You Were Told

Mr. P

that by the end of tonight, we would have Ereck Flowers, Landon Collins, and Owamagbe Odighizuwa, while only giving up our 4th and one of our 7th rounders to make it happen, would you have believed it?

I would have really doubted it.

In my wildest dreams, I could not have imagined a scenario in which we got both Flowers and Collins. And then getting Odighizuwa in the third is insane. It's the kind of dream that someone has to slap you like a Baltimore Mom to snap out of it.

It's like Christmas morning for a 10 year old in May. It's like an ugly kid getting a 3-way with 3 girls in school that he always lusted after, but was afraid to talk to. It's like waking up from your best dream only to find out you weren't dreaming. Unreal.

They got that extra 7th for, what.....McManus to Denver, right? So really, they swapped 2nd round picks and lost a 4th + a kicker for Collins. Brown better be money this year.

yeah and the denver one is the one they traded. So we still have the higher of the 2.

And in reality, in the rookie year, the 4th round pick is a contributor on special teams. ODZ is going to be a contributor on defense AND special teams.

And in reality, in the rookie year, the 4th round pick is a contributor on special teams. ODZ is going to be a contributor on defense AND special teams.

It'd be nice if he contributes quicker than Moore has.

But even if he contributes to the rotation that will be good. Hoping for a big jump for Moore with Spags this year.

Yeah I see Orange Ostridge contributing more on special teams this season with the occasional rotation into the D-line.

According to those interview they need to coach up his pass rushing ability and they hope he can fill into Tuck's role of just been a solid player in every aspect of the game.

But even if he contributes to the rotation that will be good. Hoping for a big jump for Moore with Spags this year.

I wonder what the depth chart ends up projecting to....can we get the NASCAR package going again? Are we going with JPP and Ayers as starters? That's probably how I'd go with Moore rotating in and ODZ possibly filling in at DT on pass rushing downs-it sounds like that will be the ideal situation, Justin Tuck-style...

Our special teams could be one of the best in the league if all our free agent pickups are for real and they turn Diggy-zoowha loose on them. Also, Collins is said to be a top notch ST guy.

Wouldn't that be a pleasant surprise if our special teams was actually special!

I wonder what the depth chart ends up projecting to....can we get the NASCAR package going again? Are we going with JPP and Ayers as starters? That's probably how I'd go with Moore rotating in and ODZ possibly filling in at DT on pass rushing downs-it sounds like that will be the ideal situation, Justin Tuck-style...

It'd be really nice if Moore can win a starting job.

I blame Fewel and Coughlin for that... they'd rather have an ineffective veteran over an inexperienced young player... even if the season is already down the shitter...

Hankins is so disruptive he IS part of the Nascar package...

I blame Fewel and Coughlin for that... they'd rather have an ineffective veteran over an inexperienced young player... even if the season is already down the shitter...

I can't believe that myth is still believed.

Our special teams could be one of the best in the league if all our free agent pickups are for real and they turn Diggy-zoowha loose on them. Also, Collins is said to be a top notch ST guy.

Wouldn't that be a pleasant surprise if our special teams was actually special!

They are Special...

Special ED!

I like the fact that we addressed our biggest need (run blocking) in the first round. Flowers is a monster, who is also strong (strongest OL in the draft) and can move.

Really like getting Collins.....this dude is tailor made to defend the run, plus he can be used as the equivalent of a WLB in passing situations.

O2 in the 3rd was a gift for Spags....so glad we have a DC that will creatively mix and match the new additions to this defense.