SportsWrath

Giants considering a run at defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh: sources

Mr. P

This is probably a stupid question but why is it that the media is announcing free agent signings when all teams can supposedly do is contact and negotiate with players? I don't remember it being like this in free agencies past....most bigger name free agents are already announced as having signed. I understand teams can resign their own free agents at any point but it's to the point where we already know where guys like McCourty and Maclin will be and free agency hasn't even started...

This is probably a stupid question but why is it that the media is announcing free agent signings when all teams can supposedly do is contact and negotiate with players? I don't remember it being like this in free agencies past....most bigger name free agents are already announced as having signed. I understand teams can resign their own free agents at any point but it's to the point where we already know where guys like McCourty and Maclin will be and free agency hasn't even started...

I think it's more of a verbal thing than anything else, the agent talks with the team, team talks with agent, agent reports back to player.

I'm sure when something is agreed upon the team writes up the contract to be signed the moment FA begins, and with the advent of twitter and social media all it takes if a quick message from an "inside anonymous source" and a guy like Adam Sheftler breaks the news before FA begins.

Now a days every big sports channel has their one analyst who has an "inside guy" on every team, just the type of world we are living in where news can be sent right in a matter of seconds when something happens. Maybe one day the NFL puts a stop to it, but until then it's ratings material.

I think it's more of a verbal thing than anything else, the agent talks with the team, team talks with agent, agent reports back to player.

I'm sure when something is agreed upon the team writes up the contract to be signed the moment FA begins, and with the advent of twitter and social media all it takes if a quick message from an "inside anonymous source" and a guy like Adam Sheftler breaks the news before FA begins.

Now a days every big sports channel has their one analyst who has an "inside guy" on every team, just the type of world we are living in where news can be sent right in a matter of seconds when something happens. Maybe one day the NFL puts a stop to it, but until then it's ratings material.

Yeah that makes sense. In today's instant gratification society most people probably like that. I'd prefer to be surprised...because really, what's the point of having a date for when free agency starts if, in reality, it starts the week leading up to that date....?

Give him 6 years

$105 million

$65 million guaranteed

See if he comes here to ball out

I'd then sign Parker for S, Franklin on the OL and pray our draft is full of great prospects.

If Suh, JPP, and Hankins are all healthy going to war on the D, we will prosper in every aspect of football as a snowball result.

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 5m5 minutes ago

Ndamukong Suh will sign with #Dolphins on Tuesday based off parameters around $114 million and $60 million guaranteed, per sources.

Lol I called it

:blink: Being in the ballpark doesn't mean you "called it". Everyone knew and was talking about him getting a deal close to that.

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin 18m18 minutes ago

Source: The NFL sent a letter to all 32 teams stating their displeasure w/ the release of contract terms prior to the start of free agency.

Rand Getlin @Rand_Getlin 16m16 minutes ago

That same source says the letter indicates the league will conduct an investigation. Will examine if teams did in fact agree to terms early.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 18m18 minutes ago

Source: The NFL sent a letter to all 32 teams stating their displeasure w/ the release of contract terms prior to the start of free agency.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 16m16 minutes ago

That same source says the letter indicates the league will conduct an investigation. Will examine if teams did in fact agree to terms early.

Fringe @ Fringe just now

We all know how "investigations" go in the NFL