SportsWrath

Mike Patterson...

Nas

What's his status? I think I've made it clear he's one of my favorites... I haven't heard much about him... isn't he a FA?

Yeah he's a FA and he's still available. I've wondered the same thing. I have no idea why the Giants are not resigning him yet unless he wants more than what the Giants are willing to pay...or, the Giants know something about him that we don't.

I also wonder if they're going to resign Bear Pascoe, Shaun Rogers, Louis Murphy, or Aaron Ross. If they accept what they are worth, they won't count against the cap anyway. I suspect they'll sign a couple of them once they feel there is no one else out there that they'll be able to reel in.

Yeah he's a FA and he's still available. I've wondered the same thing. I have no idea why the Giants are not resigning him yet unless he wants more than what the Giants are willing to pay...or, the Giants know something about him that we don't.

I also wonder if they're going to resign Bear Pascoe, Shaun Rogers, Louis Murphy, or Aaron Ross. If they accept what they are worth, they won't count against the cap anyway. I suspect they'll sign a couple of them once they feel there is no one else out there that they'll be able to reel in.

YEah, Patterson showed enough that I thought he'd be resigned by now...but the fact that he's still out there is a good sign.

Pascoe, I thought would be resigned as well. Rogers, Murphy and Ross...I wasn't expecting any of them back.

If he could reign for cheap, Aaron Ross is a no brainer

If he could reign for cheap, Aaron Ross is a no brainer

Fuck no... dude sucks major balls and we're set at CB. Shaun Rogers seems to never see the field mainly due to health issues which is why I think the Giants are taking a pass on him... Patterson did very well as a back up and I don't want to see him go...

Fuck no... dude sucks major balls and we're set at CB. Shaun Rogers seems to never see the field mainly due to health issues which is why I think the Giants are taking a pass on him... Patterson did very well as a back up and I don't want to see him go...

No team is ever set at CB. The position that has the shortest lifespan and gets injured the most is RB. Right behind them are WR's/CB's. After game 3, every team is down a receiver and/or a corner. It's just the nature of the game. And Ross would be better off the bench than a 7th round (or undrafted) rookie. We need depth at this position even though right now we seem stacked.

I liked Ross, but the sun has set. He's drawn 0 interest from other teams and would be wasting a roster spot at best.

I'd start Hosely long before Ross and Hosely's buried on the depth chart at this point.

Prince, DRC, Thurmond, McBride, Hosely...all ahead of Ross.

Hell, I'd resign T2 or Webby long before I brought Ross back.

I liked Ross, but the sun has set. He's drawn 0 interest from other teams and would be wasting a roster spot at best.

I'd start Hosely long before Ross and Hosely's buried on the depth chart at this point.

Oh yeah, same here...I actually totally forgot about all of the depth we already have

T2 yes... then maybe maybe webby if we're desparte... but Ross just blows.

I think we shouldn't even consider, Patterson, T2 or Ross.

All of them are horrible and arnt worth a roster spot.

Patterson didnt go anything and is done with the game.

T2 hasnt done much since his second knee injury and honestly Hosely should be starting along side Run DRC and Prince.

And Ross is done.

We can get much better, younger and cheaper talent in for depth then trying to resign these guys. After last season and the feeling of mediocrity in the locker room it's time to move on from the old roster and bring in the young guys.

The Patterson I know performed very well when he was on the field and the T2 I know surprised all of us with excellent performance.

Patterson performed slightly better then Hankins...who only played in 11 games this year, Patterson was greatly outplayed by Joesph and Jenkins.

T2 only played in 7 games this year and prior to that was out of the league for two years with back to back season ending injuries and is 30 heading into the season.

We need quality depth players and to give our young guys a chance to play, not washed up players.

I'm a bit ticked off this hasn't been resolved.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's added after June 1st, when draft pick money becomes more clear.

The guy gives you 80% of what Greatest Defensive Tackle of All Time Linval Joseph gives you for 1.5 million per season. He's good value.