SportsWrath

Pope... Gone!!

Nas

I wonder if they're just going to go without a TE coach considering McAdoo's experience with TE's in Green Bay. This may just be a money saving move, but one has to wonder how effective he'll be with OC duties being his primary function.

I don't see how getting rid of Pope and Ingram help.. Only time will tell, I guess.

I'm guessing McAdoo brings his own staff... we don't get an inside look at what goes on but maybe our infatuation with Pope was overblown.

I'm guessing McAdoo brings his own staff... we don't get an inside look at what goes on but maybe our infatuation with Pope was overblown.

I think the fact that Pope is involved with the draft picks at the combine tells you that he's respected around the league. The fact that he's seen guys like Bavaro, Howard Cross, Boss, Ballard, Bennett, and even Pascoe have success with the Giants (not sure if Shockey and Pope were here at the same time or not)....I think it's fair to say he's a good coach.

However, even good coaches can lose their effectiveness I think. I really think it's telling that Coughlin's contract, or lack of extension, hasn't received more publicity to date. Coughlin's a really good coach, but if we have a sub-par 2014, he may "retire" as well and if that happens.

He's done well with little over the years, but he's also recently failed to turn Beckum, Robinson or Donnell into starters.

Beckum wasn't the big, tall guy that the others were. Beckum was a Chris Cooly kind of guy...more of a FB who could catch and run pass patterns but wasn't going to blow guys off the ball in the blocking game. Robinson can't stay healthy...tough to coach a guy who's not on the field. Donnell is a fair point.

He's done well with little over the years, but he's also recently failed to turn Beckum, Robinson or Donnell into starters.

Beckum should of never been drafted to the Giants, he was to small to block and he was never going to be used as a pass catcher. He should of been drafted by a team like the Colts or Green Bay who used those "H back" type players.

I still dont see the fascination with Robinson, I hated the pick back then and I still hate it now. I can maybe understand the idea of drafting an athletic guy who might become an football player but honestly I still dont know what the coaches seen with Robinson to waste a pick on.

Donnell was an undrafted rookie this season wasnt he?

Too bad. The guy made the Kevin Bosses and Jake Ballards of the world into NFL tight ends.

It's a shame that Adrien Robinson and Brandon Myers soiled the guy's name.

Yup.

Reese is racking up an impressive list of fall guys.

Maybe this year he'll sign less gymnasts, and more football players.....I'm guessing the coaches might do a little better.

LOL I forgot the failures are all on Reese. The front office's job is to provide the guys with potential, the coaches' job is to turn that potential into results. I also think you guys are completely dismissing the influence the coaches have on the draft and free agency. Reese doesn't work in a vacuum.

LOL I forgot the failures are all on Reese. The front office's job is to provide the guys with potential, the coaches' job is to turn that potential into results. I also think you guys are completely dismissing the influence the coaches have on the draft and free agency. Reese doesn't work in a vacuum.

Agreed. I don't think these guys don't talk to each other and the coaches don't have any input.