SportsWrath

Someone updated Jim Schwartz's Wikipedia last night...

Treehugger

"... With :23 seconds remaining Lions Head Coach Jim Schwarz elected to let the clock expire and go into overtime rather than use the time for a potential scoring drive and thus win the game. Schwarz opted to not try for a game winning score even with The Lions still possessing 2 of their timeouts. This greatly enraged the already furious Detroit Lions fans as they made tremendous noise in protest. At that moment Schwarz seemed to angrily respond to the fans, something he would deny after the game. In overtime The Lions bad play continued, resulting in a quick "3 and out" possession in what would be their one and only offensive drive in OT. The NY Giants would then take the ball to the Lions 27 yard line where NY Giants kicker Josh Brown would kick a perfect 45 yard field goal and The NY Giants would win the game, eliminating The Detroit Lions team from Playoff contention. The loss dropped a Detroit Lions team that weeks earlier held sole possession of 1st place in their division and a 6-3 record to a dismal 7-8 record and a 1-5 record spanning the weeks of Nov. 17 to Dec 22. After the epic collapse and letdown of what was a promising 2013 Season, many Lions fans, sports writers and analysts called for the Firing of Head Coach Jim Schwarz."

:laugh:

"... With :23 seconds remaining Lions Head Coach Jim Schwarz elected to let the clock expire and go into overtime rather than use the time for a potential scoring drive and thus win the game. Schwarz opted to not try for a game winning score even with The Lions still possessing 2 of their timeouts. This greatly enraged the already furious Detroit Lions fans as they made tremendous noise in protest. At that moment Schwarz seemed to angrily respond to the fans, something he would deny after the game. In overtime The Lions bad play continued, resulting in a quick "3 and out" possession in what would be their one and only offensive drive in OT. The NY Giants would then take the ball to the Lions 27 yard line where NY Giants kicker Josh Brown would kick a perfect 45 yard field goal and The NY Giants would win the game, eliminating The Detroit Lions team from Playoff contention. The loss dropped a Detroit Lions team that weeks earlier held sole possession of 1st place in their division and a 6-3 record to a dismal 7-8 record and a 1-5 record spanning the weeks of Nov. 17 to Dec 22. After the epic collapse and letdown of what was a promising 2013 Season, many Lions fans, sports writers and analysts called for the Firing of Head Coach Jim Schwarz."[/size]

:laugh:[/size]

There's no way he hangs onto his job. I forget if this is the 7th or 8th loss when taking a lead into the 4th, but it's epic collapsing just short of the finish line....it's got a Romo-like feeling to it.

Talk is he wants to be out of Detroit. They are looking at Bill O' Brien from Penn St, former Patriots OC. Schwartz will get a DC job in a heartbeat

Really? I've never understood how the Lion D isn't tougher up front, with all the talent they have. Yesterday for instance, I thought Farley & Suh would be too much for our patchwork, replacement OL but except for a few flashes, they weren't a factor.

Really? I've never understood how the Lion D isn't tougher up front, with all the talent they have. Yesterday for instance, I thought Farley & Suh would be too much for our patchwork, replacement OL but except for a few flashes, they weren't a factor.

Yeah that DLine is seriously under-performing.

We ran the ball for 2.0 ypc or something awful. Eli got sacked several times. Even one in the end zone. I don't think their defensive line played out of this world, but they didn't under-perform.

yeah but unfortunately eli is still scared of d-linemen after the carolina game so all they need to do is line up anyway

We ran the ball for 2.0 ypc or something awful. Eli got sacked several times. Even one in the end zone. I don't think their defensive line played out of this world, but they didn't under-perform.

I'm talking over the season. They should be the most feared pass-rush in the league given all the picks on that line. Getting sacks against our line shouldn't count.

I had the Lions defense in my fantasy championship game. Winner takes $200, loser $50. My opponent had Carolina playing New Orleans in Charlotte. I had Carolina earlier in the year and I tried to slip them through waivers during a week they had a bad matchup so I wouldn't have to play them and carry two defenses, but my plan didn't work. But I felt really good about the Lions' defensive line going up against the pathetic Giants' OL, with backups starting. I felt pretty good about their chances of getting at least 2 INTs and maybe returning one all the way. I got a respectable 9 points out of them, but not the score I was hoping for. I lost the championship by 7 points. The Giants have now found a way to screw me by winning. :TD:

I thought they were pretty dominant.

I thought they were pretty dominant.

We've done a pretty good job all year stopping the run, but yesterday the Lions racked up 148 yards on us compared to our whopping 41 yards.

I can't complain about our defense, even thought that's all I complained about before the season began. I thought our offense was a given - good for 30 points a game, but worried about the "D". As it turns out, our D is pretty solid (could use a couple nip and tucks to improve) and our offense shit the bed. Go figure.

We've done a pretty good job all year stopping the run, but yesterday the Lions racked up 148 yards on us compared to our whopping 41 yards.

I can't complain about our defense, even thought that's all I complained about before the season began. I thought our offense was a given - good for 30 points a game, but worried about the "D". As it turns out, our D is pretty solid (could use a couple nip and tucks to improve) and our offense shit the bed. Go figure.

If JPP can make a healthy comeback, and we can solidify our corners, I think they'll be very good next year.

it was also nice to see kiwi show up yesterday. the penalty is too big to cut him so it'd be nice to not be "stuck with" him next year and instead be happy that we don't have to devote more resources to DE should we not resign tuck

it was also nice to see kiwi show up yesterday. the penalty is too big to cut him so it'd be nice to not be "stuck with" him next year and instead be happy that we don't have to devote more resources to DE should we not resign tuck

I think Tuck will resign with us. He shouldn't be too expensive to keep either.

Funny wiki post!

Yeah, Schwartz blows.....my head would have exploded if the Giants had thrown that pick-6 when they had the ball and the lead.

Funny thing.....watched the game with my bro....he kept saying, "Detroit has one more big turnover left"....and BAM, the pick-6. LMFAO.

I'm talking over the season. They should be the most feared pass-rush in the league given all the picks on that line. Getting sacks against our line shouldn't count.

Agreed.....that team has talent out the ass....absolutely no reason other then that coach being a shit for brains and letting his players run amok....for these guys not to be in the playoff...but Division winners and the #2 or #3 seed.

C. Wagon