SportsWrath

Who do we keep - who goes packing?

BleedinBlue

I never thought Antrel Rolle was worth what he was making until this year. Literally the only consistent player on this team. Resign the man.

Leads the team in tackles with 86 (holy shit Beason already has 84!) and INTs with 6 (which is tied for 1st in the whole NFL) and I bet he's right at the top for passes defended too. He's a true Swiss Army Knife.

Here's a list of our free agents at the end of the season:

RB Brandon Jacobs UFA, Actually keep, as long as he's a 3rd back because he's cheap now. Plus in fairness he played well when in there

WR Louis Murphy UFA, Oh fuck no.

WR Hakeem Nicks UFA, it's not that you don't want to try, but you can't keep him now

TE Bear Pascoe UFA, Pascoe is cheap and really hasn't let us down

OT David Diehl UFA, I don't think it matters, I believe Diehl retires.

OG Kevin Boothe UFA, Boothe is cheap, and can cover 2 positions, keep.

OL Jim Cordle RFA, Cordle played well enough to hold onto

DL Linval Joseph UFA, If Tuck goes, yes. But I think he goes the Barry Cofield route.

DL Justin Tuck UFA, It would have to be a drastic cut, but no, farewell my favorite Giant

LB Keith Rivers UFA, Absolutely not

CB Aaron Ross UFA, Again Ross is cheap and if he could stay healthy he could be good cover.

CB Terrell Thomas UFA, Yes, for depth and verstility purposes.

CB Corey Webster UFA, No, McBride made it easy to keep him on the bench, plus he's damn expensive and I think he's lost some

FS Stevie Brown UFA, I'd let him go, frankly Will Hill is better and Rolle will take a cut.

Here's our salary situation.

Offensive Spend: 18 Players ($69,834,763) FUCK!!!!!

Defensive Spend: 17 Players ($34,849,913) FUCK!!!!

Specials Spend: 2 Players ($4,075,000) DOUBLE FUCK!!!

Players salaries that will count against the cap in 2014

Eli ($20,400,000), it would be bad pub if he doesn't trim that down.

Snee ($11,750,000), No, again I believe he'll retire

Rolle ($9,250,000), He'll cut that down

Baas ($8,225,000) Cordle and Boother lost nothing when Baas went down, he goes.

Cruz ($7,424,000), Moot point

Beatty ($7,400,000), again, I don't see a reduction one year after getting his money, next year perhaps

Kiwi ($7,050,000), He actually played better as the season went on, but that's way too high

Myers ($4,375,000) Fuck no, I don't hate the guy but he was no impact at all.

JPP ($3,561,000) What the hell, he's going to be the best player in the NFL next year, so that's cheap

Jenkins ($3,216,666) Jenkins was fine this year, give him another year

Weatherford ($2,925,000) It's just too much money for a punter IMO.

Prince ($2,603,013) Save your money Giants, you will need to pay him in 2 years, kid keeps getting better

Webster ($2,250,000). Just too high

Pugh ($1,896,795) Okay

Wilson ($1,823,046) Okay

DeOssi ($1,150,000) Just a big waste of fucking money for a guy snapping a ball and playing poor special teams.

All other players under 1 million a year

Other comments

McBride, nice surprise, solid play all year

Paysinger, played well against the run, keep him

Rogers. Needs to move on.

Patterson, See Rogers

Hillis , Him or jacobs have earned the right to come to camp next year and fight for the 3rd back slot.

Brown, I'd list him as the starter going into camp

James, Goodbye

Herzlich, Also Goodbye

Beason: Won't have to pay him big and after this season, Fuck Yeah

Connor: I'd replace Hynoski with Connor, we lose nothing and we got better blocking

Jacquan Williams: I didn't think he played up to scratch and Paysinger moved him to the bench. Shame, I thought this kid had something

I never thought Antrel Rolle was worth what he was making until this year. Literally the only consistent player on this team. Resign the man.

He's been great since we signed him and the only dependable safety we've had since.

Leads the team in tackles with 86 (holy shit Beason already has 84!) and INTs with 6 (which is tied for 1st in the whole NFL) and I bet he's right at the top for passes defended too. He's a true Swiss Army Knife.

and he's the #1 leader in that locker room. he can play for my team any day

This... I used to be a critic of his mouth when he first got here... but he backs up what he has to say...and he is pretty on the mark and does not make idle inflammatory comments.

This... I used to be a critic of his mouth when he first got here... but he backs up what he has to say...and he is pretty on the mark and does not make idle inflammatory comments.

I do not share the sentiment here... I like Rolle to an extent... but I'll never forget how he vanishes (with the rest of the defense) when it matters most. He's a good player but his salary is still too high.. having said that I can see where the cuts need to be made on the offensive side of the ball first...