SportsWrath

Jim Lee Howell

JMFP

Head coach of the NY Giants.....had Lombardi running the offense, Landry running the defense.

Guys like that don't grow on trees.....but that's what the ideal should be on this team, and they are nowhere near it.

You don't have to go back that far....Tuna had Coughlin, Bellicek, Peyton....we got Coughlin...it worked out.

C. Wagon

You just made me think of something. Coughlin has little legacy to speak of.

Wow, it's worse than I thought:

Holy shit.

That is one fine coaching tree...damn.

C. Wagon

So how exactly does this coaching tree work?

There's some guy named Bill Belichick that has a really shitty one, too.

Josh Mc Daniels, Charlie Weis, Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennel... I'd take Coughlin's guys over those guys.

The other thing too is it's really difficult these days to have a "coaching tree" with the amount of assistants that move around.

Does Spags belong to the Coughlin tree or the Jim Johnson/Andy Reid tree? Does Sean Payton belong to Fassel (along with maybe John Fox) or is he part of the Bill Parcells tree?

Who do you put Norv Turner under? Dude has been a coordinator for like 10 teams.

The other thing too is it's really difficult these days to have a "coaching tree" with the amount of assistants that move around.

Does Spags belong to the Coughlin tree or the Jim Johnson/Andy Reid tree? Does Sean Payton belong to Fassel (along with maybe John Fox) or is he part of the Bill Parcells tree?

Who do you put Norv Turner under? Dude has been a coordinator for like 10 teams.

With all the jumping around, you'd think he'd hit on 1 or 2.

What I read into this is he's not a teacher or trainer.

No, he's a control freak. These guys didn't learn how to manage a team while under him.

Perhaps LT knows something.

Yep I've never liked his style... Stale old fashioned and demoralizing.

This squared... :D

Name me a "players coach" that won a Superbowl.

Just one. Please. Just one.

Get back to me.

Coughlin is a control freak? This is a guy who was FORCED to fire John Hufnagle. That doesn't sound like a control freak to me.

I guess some of you guys would rather have Jim fucking Fassel coach this team.

Get back to me.

Coughlin is a control freak? This is a guy who was FORCED to fire John Hufnagle. That doesn't sound like a control freak to me.

I'd just like a coach that could prepare a team to play a full season of competitive football.

I'd just like a coach that could prepare a team to play a full season of competitive football.

Damn, I'd first like to see them prepared for one game! A cohesive, logical gameplan would be a good start....

Get back to me.

Dude I'm not sure you can use that as a measure... my grandmother would have told him to fire that fuck... it's either that or he goes.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the coaching / coordinating skills of TC or Gilly ......they have just both become old , tired , stale and unimaginative in conjunction with an O line that fell apart because JR fucked up and failed to invest in it.

Both TC and Gilly have nothing to prove ....they have 2 Lombardis together ....they will probably look after each other and both go at the end of next season.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the coaching / coordinating skills of TC or Gilly ......they have just both become old , tired , stale and unimaginative in conjunction with an O line that fell apart because JR fucked up and failed to invest in it.

Both TC and Gilly have nothing to prove ....they have 2 Lombardis together ....they will probably look after each other and both go at the end of next season.

Can Reese really be blamed for that? It's the coaches who work with the players and give feedback to Reese on how the roster is shaping up. We don't know what weight the coaches and front office have in determining that. It could be that TC and Gilly convinced Reese the OLine was going to be good, and to sign Beatty to a long term deal. We have no idea. Just like we don't really know what weight TC's opinion is given on draft day, though I suspect it's a lot more than some want to admit, given the BC fetish.

Can Reese really be blamed for that? It's the coaches who work with the players and give feedback to Reese on how the roster is shaping up. We don't know what weight the coaches and front office have in determining that. It could be that TC and Gilly convinced Reese the OLine was going to be good, and to sign Beatty to a long term deal. We have no idea. Just like we don't really know what weight TC's opinion is given on draft day, though I suspect it's a lot more than some want to admit, given the BC fetish.

This...and it wouldn't be a bad thing if they were still a real football powerhouse...

The thing is I don't think Reese and Coughlin ever talk to each other.

The thing is I don't think Reese and Coughlin ever talk to each other.

This... remember it was Reese's Pieces even under Acorsi who was the main guy evaluating talent... I don't think he lost any of that once becoming GM...what is obvious as others have mentioned is that Reese picks up and drafts guys for certain styles, techniques and positions while Cheerleader prefers his own... You can see it... some young break trough talent that is a Peanut Butter Cup pick rides the pine while Cheerleader Plays a broken down vet or favorite mistake prone rookie. You see it time and time again. I think the best possible scenario would be to make Cheerleader the Deputy GM and like the U.S. Vice President...make him as relevant as a bucket of spit... :D