SportsWrath

Eli Manning: The Problem is?

Virginia Giant

I'm not convinced Eli is even running the same play as Randle, let alone route. Eli throws it like a quick timing pass, not an option route.

It's like the whole team doesn't know the play. Look at all those Bears jerseys already running to the ball. Damn look at that sweet pocket also.

Those throws though to Scott were far more cringe inducing. Eli loves to play with fire.

Defences always jump routes or read QBs eyes. This is not some new phenomenon. The issue is that the WR is making the correct adjustment while Eli is not. On the first INT the defender played outside so the WR ran inside but Eli still threw it outside. On the Randle pick Jennings was standing on the route so Randle astutely runs up field where there is zero coverage; the safety was in the middle. If Eli dumps that down the sideline it's an easy TD. If Randle, a second year WR, can make the correct adjustment how can the franchise QB not? C'Mon Man.

I agree with this... there was nothing but turf when Randle ran past the defender... Eli throws without looking it seems.

It was clear in the first couple of weeks that Randle and Eli are not on the same page at all. Randle is totally reading the defense differently from Eli. At least 4 of Eli's INT's, and possibly more, have been the direct result of miscommunication between Randle and Eli. Personally, I feel that Eli takes on a greater responsibility in this because he's the leader of the offense, a captain, and he needs to be vocal enough to make sure Randle knows what the hell is going on. And if it's not Randle's fault, then Eli is making poor decisions/throws, and he definitely has done that thus far and should take responsibility. Clearly, simplification for some of these guys is needed.

You don't see the transparent lack of communication between Cruz and Eli. So at least Cruz is able to read the defense and be on the same page. If Cruz can, you would think the other receivers can. But it's up to Eli to absolutely make sure they know what's going on.

BTW, it should be unnerving for a lot of people who think that Randle is an adequate replacement for Nicks after this season. Judging by just this year, you can see that Randle is very talented, but he has made a lot of mistakes, COSTLY mistakes. And until you see him "get it" on the field, you can't be comfortable with Randle stepping in as the "co-#1" with Cruz next year after Nicks inevitably leaves for more money.

BTW, it should be unnerving for a lot of people who think that Randle is an adequate replacement for Nicks after this season. Judging by just this year, you can see that Randle is very talented, but he has made a lot of mistakes, COSTLY mistakes. And until you see him "get it" on the field, you can't be comfortable with Randle stepping in as the "co-#1" with Cruz next year after Nicks inevitably leaves for more money.

I don't think Nicks leaves for more money, I just don't think the Giants are going to HAVE the money to pay him.

We got way to many holes and way to many potions and players to sign then to throw another 5-10 million a year at Nicks.

I cannot imagine Eli getting benched... or how he would act if he was benched! Maybe if the Giants can get a big lead on some team (Spiked gatorade buckets) maybe you let Eli run the offense from the sidelines and have Nassib finish the game.

I think when we're statistically eliminated from the playoffs, you start Nassib. If he shows you absolutely nothing, we take best player available in the draft, which may include a quarterback.

Yeah....the ball is gone before Randle turns. Jennings (a very talented CB) is set to jump the route.

0o8z.jpg

Randle is still deciding what to do.....his hand doesn't even go up to indicate he's going deep until the ball is halfway to Jennings.

ujjb.jpg

I'm not blaming Randle on this, but blaming Eli and Randle for clearly not being on the same page here.

Frankly, I'd much prefer them eliminating alot of this option route stuff in favor of just working some basic curls.....Randle could instead have been playing Jennings angle, rather then deciding the proper option.

This is all 20/20 hindsight stuff on my part.

We ran the exact same play sometime later with Nicks....WHO DID COME BACK for the ball and it turned up being a 31yrd gain. Dont over complicate stuff.....keep it simple for these guys. Thats something that Gilfuck doesnt realise. Keep it simple and let the Skill players execute!!

It was clear in the first couple of weeks that Randle and Eli are not on the same page at all. Randle is totally reading the defense differently from Eli. At least 4 of Eli's INT's, and possibly more, have been the direct result of miscommunication between Randle and Eli. Personally, I feel that Eli takes on a greater responsibility in this because he's the leader of the offense, a captain, and he needs to be vocal enough to make sure Randle knows what the hell is going on. And if it's not Randle's fault, then Eli is making poor decisions/throws, and he definitely has done that thus far and should take responsibility. Clearly, simplification for some of these guys is needed.

You don't see the transparent lack of communication between Cruz and Eli. So at least Cruz is able to read the defense and be on the same page. If Cruz can, you would think the other receivers can. But it's up to Eli to absolutely make sure they know what's going on.

As stated before this "miscommunication" seems to happen a lot and the one common denominator is Eli... I understandy why coaches would want to shield their franchise QB from public criticism and blame the WR instead.

Yeah....the ball is gone before Randle turns. Jennings (a very talented CB) is set to jump the route.

0o8z.jpg

Randle is still deciding what to do.....his hand doesn't even go up to indicate he's going deep until the ball is halfway to Jennings.

ujjb.jpg

I'm not blaming Randle on this, but blaming Eli and Randle for clearly not being on the same page here.

Frankly, I'd much prefer them eliminating alot of this option route stuff in favor of just working some basic curls.....Randle could instead have been playing Jennings angle, rather then deciding the proper option.

This is all 20/20 hindsight stuff on my part.

Eli had time... he could have waited for the play to develop... shit the CB saw him throw it and reacted... this is all Eli's fault.

Most of the miscommunications have happened only with Randle. Bronco game, Dallas.....where Eli throws it to an area only occupied by the defense and Randle is in a complete different part of the field. A lot of miscommunication with Randle every game ive noticed. Eli might be the common denominator....and a very large factor is also Randle.

People had the same concerns about Cruz early on. I'm confident Randle will continue to improve. I would definitely like to see us keep all three WRs though. Nassib will need some good weapons to help him develop.

People had the same concerns about Cruz early on. I'm confident Randle will continue to improve. I would definitely like to see us keep all three WRs though. Nassib will need some good weapons to help him develop.

Nassib ......lmfao !!!

Hey man, after we drafted him you were complaining that he'd never see the field...

We won't see him, ever. It was a stupid fucking pick.

And when I stop to think Reese passed on Alabama's center to draft Nassib, I get explosive diarrhea.

No Seph. Just no. Sarcasm, right?

I'm serious. When you have no chance at the postseason and there's a good chance your OC is going to get shitcanned, what benefit is there in keeping your franchise QB behind that line? More wins and a worse draft position? Career ending injury? Less experience for your "trade bait?" There's no reason not to give the young guys some reps... every team does it.

If the Giants are continuing this downward spiral it would be a much more interesting conversation. I guess the question is at what point do you just quit on Eli and let him sit out for a breather? 0-12 with 30 INTs?

Yeah Lone Wolf and Seph make a point.

If Eli continues on his path, he's basically looking at a 30+ INT season that will accomplish nothing for him. Not to mention the fact of the patchwork O-line that might get him killed.

What's the harm in starting Eli for the first two quarters see where we are in the game and if he has multiple INTs and we are two score behind, fuck it let Nassib come in and get playing time.

Not saying Nassib will replace Eli but who knows maybe he shows something worth a damn.

I mean face it we are 0-6 with no chance of making the playoffs (god forbid if we do).

Might as well shake up the roster and see who wants to be in the team.

If the Giants are continuing this downward spiral it would be a much more interesting conversation. I guess the question is at what point do you just quit on Eli and let him sit out for a breather? 0-12 with 30 INTs?

If he reaches 20 INTs before the bye they should seriously consider trying Nassib out.