SportsWrath

And Gilbride and Eli. I don't get why Eli has been getting a pass...not necessarily on this board but in the media. Eli has looked so god awful and it isn't 100% on his oline. In fact, I'd say it's about 50-50 Eli and oline.

And Gilbride and Eli. I don't get why Eli has been getting a pass...not necessarily on this board but in the media. Eli has looked so god awful and it isn't 100% on his oline. In fact, I'd say it's about 50-50 Eli and oline.

Yeah all I'm going to say about Eli is what has he shown this season so far that Nassib or Painter cant?

Seriously Eli is playing worse then his rookie year....well maybe not that bad.

I have a hard time blaming Eli when he's not getting much help. Nicks has just been disappointing so far and he's got plenty of company on that list. One month down, three more to go and when that first win comes is anyone's guess at this point.

Lets see what happens after this season and how Jerry Reese responds to it.

Yeah all I'm going to say about Eli is what has he shown this season so far that Nassib or Painter cant?

Seriously Eli is playing worse then his rookie year....well maybe not that bad.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I know you don't bench a guy like Eli to prove a point but you're absolutely right. Outside from maybe a couple of the TD passes to Cruz this year, he hasn't been anything other than a QB is at the bottom of the league in all statistics.

I have a hard time blaming Eli when he's not getting much help. Nicks has just been disappointing so far and he's got plenty of company on that list. One month down, three more to go and when that first win comes is anyone's guess at this point.

Lets see what happens after this season and how Jerry Reese responds to it.

If you can get a decent pick for Nicks from a team needing help you'd have to consider it. Its not anything against him. It's where we're at right now and the likelihood of re-signing him. Too many holes and we can make do with just Cruz and Randle.

If you can get a decent pick for Nicks from a team needing help you'd have to consider it. Its not anything against him. It's where we're at right now and the likelihood of re-signing him. Too many holes and we can make do with just Cruz and Randle.

And that brilliant signing, Louis Murphy! Don't forget him!

Here's where I place blame, in order, for this shitty season:

1. Jerry Reese. The guy had one knockout draft of one-year wonders back in 2007 and has been riding the coattails of that success ever since. In another thread I went over how nobody is left from his first draft, and overall he's had many more misses than hits... but take a look at what's happened over the past six years. O'Hara and Seubert were replaced with nobody. Pierce Mitchell, and Kiwi were replaced with nobody for LB. The "fierce pass rush" is the worst in the NFL, and we've "stockpiled defensive linemen" who can't play. He's had colossal misses in the early rounds of the draft (Austin, Sintim, etc.) and his developmental talent doesn't have the talent to develop. Think about this for one second... when was the last time we had an ADEQUATE player that was a third-round draft pick?

2. Gilbride. He doesn't adjust the game plan, and honestly, he puts the players in position for failure due to his rigidity. How many times do we have to see Brandon Myers whiff on a block before we fucking TAKE HIM OFF THE LINE? Why can't we ever line up in the power-I, and let our backs get three yards and a cloud of dust? Why, when Eli is sacked six times IN A QUARTER are we not going to three step drops and short passes? How many times do we have to see Eli and a receiver "not on the same page" that leads to a pick? This guy has had his run, and it was a good run... but I'd like to see what Eli can do with an offense without 3 optional routes and 12 pre-snap reads before he retires, and with a coach that doesn't put the fucking Brandon Myers' of the world on the line to get his ass handed to him.

3. Everybody else. Yeah, Eli looks bad, and the entire D and O-lines look bad. In fact, the whole team looks bad. But those two other guys are the crux of the problem, if you ask me.

If I'm John Mara, I'm putting Reese on two year notice... he had better get some players that can actually play.

Here's where I place blame, in order, for this shitty season:

1. Jerry Reese. The guy had one knockout draft of one-year wonders back in 2007 and has been riding the coattails of that success ever since. In another thread I went over how nobody is left from his first draft, and overall he's had many more misses than hits... but take a look at what's happened over the past six years. O'Hara and Seubert were replaced with nobody. Pierce Mitchell, and Kiwi were replaced with nobody for LB. The "fierce pass rush" is the worst in the NFL, and we've "stockpiled defensive linemen" who can't play. He's had colossal misses in the early rounds of the draft (Austin, Sintim, etc.) and his developmental talent doesn't have the talent to develop. Think about this for one second... when was the last time we had an ADEQUATE player that was a third-round draft pick?

2. Gilbride. He doesn't adjust the game plan, and honestly, he puts the players in position for failure due to his rigidity. How many times do we have to see Brandon Myers whiff on a block before we fucking TAKE HIM OFF THE LINE? Why can't we ever line up in the power-I, and let our backs get three yards and a cloud of dust? Why, when Eli is sacked six times IN A QUARTER are we not going to three step drops and short passes? How many times do we have to see Eli and a receiver "not on the same page" that leads to a pick? This guy has had his run, and it was a good run... but I'd like to see what Eli can do with an offense without 3 optional routes and 12 pre-snap reads before he retires, and with a coach that doesn't put the fucking Brandon Myers' of the world on the line to get his ass handed to him.

3. Everybody else. Yeah, Eli looks bad, and the entire D and O-lines look bad. In fact, the whole team looks bad. But those two other guys are the crux of the problem, if you ask me.

If I'm John Mara, I'm putting Reese on two year notice... he had better get some players that can actually play.

I agree with your comments on Gilbride and Reese. Nicks had a poor game, but I don't understand why you are attempting a 15 yard pass to Nicks on 3rd and short.

David Wilson tried his best.....he ran well giving his line.

Several times I saw Eli holding on to the ball because guys simply weren't open, and there was no outlet receivers....seemed like the same old Gilbride high risk stuff out there.

I'd blame the offensive line first, and then Gilbride.

As far as Reese is concerned, the bloom is totally off that Rose.

As far as Coughlin and Fewell are concerned, please explain why JPP is still out there. If they want to pay someone millions to run three steps and lock arms with an OT, I'm available.

In Eli's defense, Nicks was pretty awful today too. But I agree, he hasn't been playing well either. The giants are just a bad team, plain and simple. We have been spoiled for a while with them

Hard to steer a ship with a broken rudder.

If anyone saw an open receiver on the field, please mention it because I sure didn't see one out there that Eli missed. Eli didn't drop a pass today or fumble a handoff. Sure he threw an interception today yet managed to do better than special teams. This isn't a ship with a broken rudder, its more like a sail ship in a dead calm with 11 guys paddling with their hands.

I went mountain biking at the start of the 4th . What did Scott do?

He fumbled a handoff on a draw play. Eli put the ball right in Scott's gut and Scott kept on running and never put his hands on the ball. Football goes bouncing and recovered by the Chiefs.

I went mountain biking at the start of the 4th . What did Scott do?

He fumbled a handoff on a draw play. Eli put the ball right in Scott's gut and Scott kept on running and never put his hands on the ball. Football goes bouncing and recovered by the Chiefs.

That was inexcusable. I don't want to slam Scott for everything, but after that fumble, the game was over.

If anyone saw an open receiver on the field, please mention it because I sure didn't see one out there that Eli missed. Eli didn't drop a pass today or fumble a handoff. Sure he threw an interception today yet managed to do better than special teams. This isn't a ship with a broken rudder, its more like a sail ship in a dead calm with 11 guys paddling with their hands.

I noticed that as well. I also noticed that there were very few plays with any check down options.

I think Eli needs to start throwing the ball away more if nothing is there.

Seemed like today was about blocking. KC blocked well, and the Giants did not.

Special teams really hurt the Giants today.

I think Scott is 3rd string after today.

The only problem is that Scott is the only decent blocker. Notice how he's in on obvious passing plays on 3rd down. He does seem to not know the complicated O, who does.

I noticed that as well. I also noticed that there were very few plays with any check down options.

I think Eli needs to start throwing the ball away more if nothing is there.

when He did he was called for intentional grounding when there was a receiver (Cruz I think )with in 10 yards of the ball

The intentional grounding was legit and put that one on Eli's shoulders for panicking because hell, he was free to scramble. I'm not sure the ball even reached the line of scrimmage which is why I think it was called. And there was no way Cruz was within ten yards. Cruz was along the sidelines....

The intentional grounding was legit and put that one on Eli's shoulders for panicking because hell, he was free to scramble. I'm not sure the ball even reached the line of scrimmage which is why I think it was called. And there was no way Cruz was within ten yards. Cruz was along the sidelines....

FUCK YOU THE FUCK HE WASNT

FUCK YOU THE FUCK HE WASNT

Out of pure principle Eli SHOULD have been called for that, even if you're right. It was pathetic. No professional football player should ever make decisions like that. He's looked awful and he deserved that penalty for being a little bitch. He wasn't even out of the tackle box, why risk getting the flag thrown? Chuck the ball over everyone's head out of bounds or take the sack. Don't put yourself in that position.

Out of pure principle Eli SHOULD have been called for that, even if you're right. It was pathetic. No professional football player should ever make decisions like that. He's looked awful and he deserved that penalty for being a little bitch. He wasn't even out of the tackle box, why risk getting the flag thrown? Chuck the ball over everyone's head out of bounds or take the sack. Don't put yourself in that position.

its time for you to hang up the internet you don't even know what you are saying.