SportsWrath

its time for you to hang up the internet you don't even know what you are saying.

You're mad at the Giants, not at me, I forgive you. The refs gathered, talked about it, and threw the penalty. I don't think there's any doubt that it wasn't intentional grounding....only to stubborn Giants fans who somehow still think Eli is a good quarterback at the present. The man fucked up. It was intentional grounding and in my opinion, it wasn't even close to Victor Cruz, certainly not within 10 yards of a man obviously running a route downfield and having to come back when his QB was in trouble. I suggest you deal with it instead of being childish.

If he hadn't panicked, he could have made a play. He panicked and threw a ball that didn't reach the line of scrimmage, inside the tackle box, with no legitimate target, only your imaginary "Cruz in the vicinity". He did this to avoid a sack. THE definition of intentional grounding.

You're mad at the Giants, not at me, I forgive you. The refs gathered, talked about it, and threw the penalty. I don't think there's any doubt that it wasn't intentional grounding....only to stubborn Giants fans who somehow still think Eli is a good quarterback at the present. The man fucked up. It was intentional grounding and in my opinion, it wasn't even close to Victor Cruz, certainly not within 10 yards of a man obviously running a route downfield and having to come back when his QB was in trouble. I suggest you deal with it instead of being childish.

If he hadn't panicked, he could have made a play. He panicked and threw a ball that didn't reach the line of scrimmage, inside the tackle box, with no legitimate target, only your imaginary "Cruz in the vicinity". He did this to avoid a sack. THE definition of intentional grounding.

I suggest you re-watch the play in question. 7:00 to go in the 3rd quarter

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/intentionalgrounding

Intentional Grounding of Forward Pass
  1. Intentional grounding of a forward pass is a foul: loss of down and 10 yards from previous spot if passer is in the field of play or loss of down at the spot of the foul if it occurs more than 10 yards behind the line or safety if passer is in his own end zone when ball is released.
  2. Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion.
  3. Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, while out of the pocket and facing an imminent loss of yardage, throws a pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including if the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or end line).

I don't know where you guys get within 10 yards. That's not the rule.

Like everything, it's a judgement call. In this instance, your judgement is wrong. That would be called intentional grounding every time, for every team. I've seen it called to benefit us in the same exact way. It'd be different if the crew hadn't huddled up to discuss it and come to a consensus.

Eli gets a pass because he played out of his mind good in the SB46 run, and pretty damn good in SB42. The o-line being absolute vomit adds to that as well.

His entire 2011 start to finish was pretty incredible, really. He's having a horrible season though. It's clear he's not getting any help whatsoever from his line and outside of Cruz the play of the wide receivers and tight ends has been spotty but he's not making things any easier on himself. No one is writing him off and the team will certainly give it another go and try to rebuild this thing around him but he's playing like shit right now.

Like everything, it's a judgement call. In this instance, your judgement is wrong. That would be called intentional grounding every time, for every team. I've seen it called to benefit us in the same exact way. It'd be different if the crew hadn't huddled up to discuss it and come to a consensus

No my judgement is pretty clear. Again, I ask you to go re-watch the play. I doubt you will. so You see it your way and I see it mine and I will leave it at that.

No my judgement is pretty clear. Again, I ask you to go re-watch the play. I doubt you will. so You see it your way and I see it mine and I will leave it at that.

That's fine with me, but there's no need to get all bent out of shape. You aren't an NFL official, that's a fact. If intentional grounding were up to you, you'd pull out instant replay (or a tape measure) and check to see if there was a receiver within 10 yards. But since that's not how it works, officials gather and determine if Cruz was realistically close enough to make a play on the ball. He wasn't. Eli made a piss-poor decision under duress. It seems to happen an awful lot for him these days.

The only problem is that Scott is the only decent blocker. Notice how he's in on obvious passing plays on 3rd down. He does seem to not know the complicated O, who does.

And this is why I blame Gilbride.....he needs to adjust his gameplan so that Wilson is running the ball. Jacobs once again is not being used....not sure what the fuck Gilbride has up his ass when it comes to Jacobs - he's the best fucking blocker on the team that is not an offensive lineman.

That was inexcusable. I don't want to slam Scott for everything, but after that fumble, the game was over.

The game was over long before that. Game ended at the end of the first half when a number of things happened during the last two minutes. Eli Manning and the offense was moving the ball down the field and the Giants were finally playing aggressively and being rewarded. In the last 20 seconds of the game there was confusion that I've never seen before on a team coached by Tom Coughlin at the end of half with the ball within scoring range. Are we punting it or trying to punch the ball in? Brown is ready to kick the field goal, everyone else is on the field not sure if they should keep pushing what seemed to be an advantage and a timeout was called. Field Goal unit comes onto the field the kick is missed and the quarter ends.

Eli I felt was outside the tackle box and that ball did reach the LOS. Just wasn't anywhere near Cruz.

Those calls are always judgement calls by the official though.

I think they should just call it an Eli, seems to get that called on him at least once every season unlike many others.

In Eli's defense, Nicks was pretty awful today too. But I agree, he hasn't been playing well either. The giants are just a bad team, plain and simple. We have been spoiled for a while with them

That one particular play where he couldn't catch the ball (it was called back anyway but still)... his hands were facing the wrong fucking way.. I was livid. He's an all pro... I shouldn't have to be yelling at my TV wondering why the fuck he couldn't make a simple catch. Ball over-head? Basket catch... it never fucking fails.

The game was over long before that. Game ended at the end of the first half when a number of things happened during the last two minutes. Eli Manning and the offense was moving the ball down the field and the Giants were finally playing aggressively and being rewarded. In the last 20 seconds of the game there was confusion that I've never seen before on a team coached by Tom Coughlin at the end of half with the ball within scoring range. Are we punting it or trying to punch the ball in? Brown is ready to kick the field goal, everyone else is on the field not sure if they should keep pushing what seemed to be an advantage and a timeout was called. Field Goal unit comes onto the field the kick is missed and the quarter ends.

I concur. The team is in disarray for some reason. When Eli couldn't hear the play calls at the beginning of the game I was shocked at how flustered Eli was. WTF? You've been in one offensive system for close to a decade and you can't improvise until the headset issue is fixed. It's like the whole team has quit and it's only game 4.

If anybody watches NFC Playbook O'Hara had a segment on Beatty's play last week. The biggest shocker was how no player helped Eli up after sacks. Maybe not a big issue but the body language of players has been terrible this year. Nobody on O looks like they want to be playing. After a sack Beatty just meanders back to the huddle. Seriously WTF? I am thinking this is going to get ugly soon with blowups on the sideline.

How many times do we have to see Brandon Myers whiff on a block before we fucking TAKE HIM OFF THE LINE?

Oh, I just about wanted to smash my TV when I saw them line up in short yardage in an obvious student-body-right formation with #83 in the middle of it all.

Sure enough, Myers gets pushed down the line and his assignment blows up the play. Turnover on downs. It was a bad play call to begin with, but Myers is so shit terrible at blocking it never stood a chance.

Definitely have to examine Jerry Reese going forward; other than Cruz, the people he's chosen to pay free agent money - Beatty, Baas, and Myers most notably - are not worth the money and stand to ruin this team for seasons if they can't get out from under their cap cost.

Eli I felt was outside the tackle box and that ball did reach the LOS. Just wasn't anywhere near Cruz.

Those calls are always judgement calls by the official though.

Definitely the wrong call. Cruz would have been right there, he just stopped running when he saw the ball going out of bounds. Little hustle from Cruz would have been nice there though, would have removed all doubt.