SportsWrath

Ran into a douche today at the dentist - Cowboy Fan

BleedinBlue

Geesh, sitting in the waiting room at my dentist this morning wearing my Giants hat and matching blue tee shirt. This muscular young man strikes up a conversation with me and asked me, "How'd those Giants do Sunday night?". So I gave him my typical response, "they lost, they deserved to lose and I was embarrassed of them, but I'd be more embarrassed if I was a Cowboy's fan that they could barely win when a blowout was handed to them on a platter....". So the guy says, "who gives a shit about the score - it's a win and my Cowboys are going all the way". So I said, "I highly doubt it with Romo at the helm"....which apparently didn't go over very well because I could see the guy getting worked up and some genuine anger in his eyes. I finally said, "we'll see how the season turns out" and dropped it before some clown was trying to get into a fist fight with me.

I simply cannot stand Cowboy fans from New York. It's like rooting for Russia over the U.S.

There's a ton of them at my job. I was talking to one today.

Boys fan: We kick your asses on Sunday!!!

Me: Really? You're actually gloating over a 5 point victory when we handed you the ball 6 times?

Fan: A win is a win and that's all that matters.

Me: Pitiful. This was a carbon copy of last year's game, but even when we won Giants fans were pissed at our team's performance. You guys are acting like you won the Super Bowl three straight times.

Fan: Whatever. See you in your house.

Me: Bring your own tissues this time.

"a win is a win, no matter what"

I hate that line

That's actually how you can tell a real football fan from a bandwangoner... I told people around me we didn't deserve to win and if we win, I wouldn't have been jumping for joy.

Bullshit, a win is a win. Sure you feel better about some wins than others but a win is still a win.

I'd rather play ugly as fuck and win, than look really good and lose.

And at this point here I don't think I have to defend myself against being a bandwagoner or casual fan.

Bullshit, a win is a win. Sure you feel better about some wins than others but a win is still a win.

And at this point here I don't think I have to defend myself against being a bandwagoner or casual fan.

Nope... I like any other fan.. hate losing. And yes I would have been happy to get a win on Sunday... but I woudln't be jumping for joy because we played like shit.... the vaunted pass rush was nonexistent till maybe late in the 3rd qtr... and Witten.. fucking slow ass Witten has been open for the last 5 years.

Eh.... was about to say 'true', but I'm not sure I feel the same. It just depends... are we talking about week 1, or the Super Bowl?