SportsWrath

0-1. So now what?

Sephiroth

No he wasnt under pressure. But he delivered the throw exactly when he needed to because thats when the blockers were in position. Scott was late in response. Thats all on Scott. Not Eli at all. But then again.....sometimes its just a shitty day when something you tip goes into the opposition's hands like it was directed a.k.a Wayne's TD in preseason. Let it all rest and lets rip the Broncs next week.

Yet Eli didn't have to release the ball when he saw Scott wasn't even looking at him...

he was being rushed so he had to get rid of it. part of a running back's job when he doesn't stay in to block is to turn around quickly if he sees the rush though and scott didn't recognize and react quickly enough.

scott shouldn't be in the game in that spot anyway unless there's an injury

agreed 100%. that benching bullshit might've cost us the game.

it drives me insane wondering if he would've won that extra game that would've put us in the playoffs last year if coughlin hadn't benched wilson for 2/3rds of the season because of ONE FUMBLE

You see Alfred Morris last night? ...he played the entire game despite a few mishaps even uglier than Wilson's.

I have talked up Wilson, but if he's getting the hook this quick I have to wonder what is going on in practice, meeting rooms, etc. Maybe something isn't right there.

I'd be willing to bet that atleast 60 percent of the passes completed in the NFL that the QB throws it before the wide out looks or is even barely out of his break.

It's all about timing

Yeah, but if we're talking about the pick 6 off Scott's shoulder, that wasn't a good throw either. I put that one 75/25 on Scott/Eli.

Still, if Wilson is in there, its a completion and probably a nice gain.

I'd be willing to bet that atleast 60 percent of the passes completed in the NFL that the QB throws it before the wide out looks or is even barely out of his break.

It's all about timing

with wr's yes. that throw to scott wasn't a design, it's a safety valve that scott has to be alert enough to make happen.

that throw fails a lot with all teams, it just so happens we got unlucky because we lead world history in tipped interceptions

You see Alfred Morris last night? ...he played the entire game despite a few mishaps even uglier than Wilson's.

I have talked up Wilson, but if he's getting the hook this quick I have to wonder what is going on in practice, meeting rooms, etc. Maybe something isn't right there.

yeah he might just be a bonehead. between the backflipping and that hall of fame stuff he was saying before last season he might just be a little remedial

Yeah, but if we're talking about the pick 6 off Scott's shoulder, that wasn't a good throw either. I put that one 75/25 on Scott/Eli.

Still, if Wilson is in there, its a completion and probably a nice gain.

It was a shitty throw to his wrong shoulder, no doubt. It's on both of them.

eliwheelnl1.jpg

It was a shitty throw to his wrong shoulder, no doubt. It's on both of them.

eliwheelnl1.jpg

Exactly and Scott isn't getting the first team reps either. In my opinion it's the other way around at 75 Eli and 25 Scott. Eli wasn't under pressure and could have waited a half step or bailed and went to another option. These plays happen fast but that's why he gets paid $20 million a year; to make good decisions at the right time. Either way that play was a non-starter as there was a defender standing next to Scott.

Also on Wilson I do think there is a bigger issue which has been hinted at on this board before. He gets pulled very quickly. I am thinking there are work ethic and attitude issues.

Enough with the Gilbride hate. If Manning didn't like him, then Gilbride wouldn't be here. Period.

I guess you'd rather have a dipshit like Todd Haley or Marty Morenweig though.

Gilbride has been the scapegoat for most giants fans for years, its stupid.

with wr's yes. that throw to scott wasn't a design, it's a safety valve that scott has to be alert enough to make happen.

that throw fails a lot with all teams, it just so happens we got unlucky because we lead world history in tipped interceptions

I swear.

Also on Wilson I do think there is a bigger issue which has been hinted at on this board before. He gets pulled very quickly. I am thinking there are work ethic and attitude issues.

That is what confuses me... everything I've read about his work ethic is outstanding. Remember, this is a kid who insisted on wearing a suit and tie to college classes. His attitude always seems mind-numbingly positive. Is he just... fucking stupid?

That is what confuses me... everything I've read about his work ethic is outstanding. Remember, this is a kid who insisted on wearing a suit and tie to college classes. His attitude always seems mind-numbingly positive. Is he just... fucking stupid?

No he isn't stupid. He's 22 and plays in the NFL with far larger men. Even though he's in his 2nd year, he never got the hands-on experience necessary for him to to grow thanks to Coughlin's "doghouse"... the way I see it, your first rounder is meant to be a starter... if you can't give him significant hands on experience, don't fucking waste a first rounder on him.... and I don't want to hear about how he has to learn the entire playbook first.. he doesn't... a handful of plays at a time coupled with hands on game-time experience.

One of my best friend's dad graduated from VT. Was an engineer. Worked for Lockheed Martin, now retired. Was pretty high up in the company, he had worked on some pretty well-known weapons systems. He is brilliant, was VERY successful in the company and VERY highly regarded, even revered by others in the company.

I didnt watch much of the game as Ive already stated, but from what Ive read, and what you all have been saying, maybe Eli rushed the throw to Scott because the O-line was so awful he thought he had to get rid of it quickly becuase he would get tattoo'd if he didnt.

again, I didnt see the majority of the game....Im just going off of what has been said by people who did see the whole game. I could be completely wrong

One of my best friend's dad graduated from VT. Was an engineer. Worked for Lockheed Martin, now retired. Was pretty high up in the company, he had worked on some pretty well-known weapons systems. He is brilliant, was VERY successful in the company and VERY highly regarded, even revered by others in the company.

Yeah, I'm sure plenty of smart people went there.

But so did Michael Vick.

It makes me glad I didn't go to a BCS school... the antics in their football programs often give the school's academics a bad name.

No he isn't stupid. He's 22 and plays in the NFL with far larger men. Even though he's in his 2nd year, he never got the hands-on experience necessary for him to to grow thanks to Coughlin's "doghouse"... the way I see it, your first rounder is meant to be a starter... if you can't give him significant hands on experience, don't fucking waste a first rounder on him.... and I don't want to hear about how he has to learn the entire playbook first.. he doesn't... a handful of plays at a time coupled with hands on game-time experience.

I don't think he is either, I'm just throwing shit out there. Because we know there has to be something more than the fumbles, something that is causing Coughlin to keep this guy on a damn short leash. Maybe its just the 'I'm going to the hall of fame' comments, maybe Coughlin is trying to keep his head on straight.

Yeah, I'm sure plenty of smart people went there.

But so did Michael Vick.

It makes me glad I didn't go to a BCS school... the antics in their football programs often give the school's academics a bad name.

There are some EXCELLENT academic schools in the BCS. I dont think their sports programs antics would deter anyone from going. If youre able to get in, you should be proud and consider going no matter what goes/went on in their sports programs. I dont think future employers look at what the schools sports teams have done when evaluating potential employees.