SportsWrath

Countdown to the Draft...

Nas

I can totally see the Giants taking 2 starting (not immediately) caliber OLs. the right side of our OL will need to be replaced very soon... Snee as solid as he's been isn't getting any younger and Diehl is already in a downward spiral...

Finally the draft is upon us...

http://www.nj.com/sports/nfldraft/index.ssf/2013/04/nfl_draft_2013_offensive_tackl.html

When is the NFL Draft?

The 2013 NFL Draft returns to primetime, with the first round taking place Thurs., April 25 at 8 p.m. ET, followed by the second and third rounds on Fri., April 26 at 6:30 p.m. ET. Rounds 4-7 will be held Sat., April 27 at 12 p.m. ET. Watch it live on NFL Network.

This format is crap

Two more days and we'll be thru

I'll be glad and so will you

Hey you knuckle head

Dumb dumb dumb knuckle head

Marching down the avenue

I'll be glad I don't know about you

I think with the quality and depth of the DL that should be available at 19, that it will trump the value of any OL that will be available, unless Warmack falls to 19. I think if Warmack is there, that's the guy. If not Warmack, then we will see either a Sheldon Richardson or Datone Jones as the next NY Giant, and everyone should be happy with any of the above 3 names.

Another player that could be an option if he is (unlikely) available at 19 is Xavier Rhodes. The CB group might appear crowded, but consider, Ross could easily be cut when the team is trimmed to 53, and T2 is somewhat of a long shot to even be healthy enough to play week 1.

I care less about the draft every year.

In fact, I care less about football every year.

By about half way through the season, I get a little bored with football as well (all sports actually)...but especially if the Giants don't look like they have what it takes to make a decent run in post season. By March, I'm brain dead from absorbing so much college basketball and just starting to get interested in baseball and could absolutely care less about football and each Spring I think that I don't really care about the draft this time around. And then about the second week of April, I find myself obsessed with the draft all over again. It's a cyclical thing - year after year. For whatever reason, the draft to me is almost more exciting than the game itself...and that shouldn't be. It's as if by some stroke of luck, we are going to get the best player in the draft even though we're almost always drafting at the back half of the thing. It's a curse I think. Sorta like buying a lotto ticket and getting my hopes up that there's a chance in hell I could win.

I do hate this new Thursday night prime time format bullshit....

Draft Saturday was always one of my favorite days... get up early fire up the smoker couple racks of ribs or maybe a pork butt for some pulled pork... Couple buddies over watch the first couple rounds getting sloppy drunk watching 20 year olds become mulch-millionaires.

Now Thursday night I will watch it by myself as my kids annoy the fuck out of me to watch some BS on TV instead of a bunch of assholes talking about football. Pick 19 draft starting at 8...10 minute time limit per pic... so we pick around 11? Fucking horseshit.

I hope we get that Ogletree kid at 19.. like I really know shit about any college players.

i for some odd reason want Te'O..... at second round. but i know he won't last that long......

His draft stock has fallen... but I doubt if he falls that deep that he is still on the board for us int he second round... hopefully we already have drafted a LB at that point and not need him

His draft stock has fallen... but I doubt if he falls that deep that he is still on the board for us int he second round... hopefully we already have drafted a LB at that point and not need him

hopefully, but i believe he has what it takes to be a good to near great LB in the NFL.... but i guess with all that crap happening to him, he's better off playing in a small market. But he's been a top football player since Junior year of college.

hopefully, but i believe he has what it takes to be a good to near great LB in the NFL.... but i guess with all that crap happening to him, he's better off playing in a small market. But he's been a top football player since Junior year of college.

his Pro-day and Combine performances were underwhelming as was his performance in the Championship game. Then again all of ND had a horrible game that day!

I do hate this new Thursday night prime time format bullshit....

Draft Saturday was always one of my favorite days... get up early fire up the smoker couple racks of ribs or maybe a pork butt for some pulled pork... Couple buddies over watch the first couple rounds getting sloppy drunk watching 20 year olds become mulch-millionaires.

Now Thursday night I will watch it by myself as my kids annoy the fuck out of me to watch some BS on TV instead of a bunch of assholes talking about football. Pick 19 draft starting at 8...10 minute time limit per pic... so we pick around 11? Fucking horseshit.

I hope we get that Ogletree kid at 19.. like I really know shit about any college players.

Look at the bright side... 2 less days of pulling your hair out waiting :)

I'll shit my pants if Warmack falls to us at 19. I'll shit them on top of the first shit if we don't take him should that occur

Amen. I'm thinking Warmack... if he's gone Olgertree... I'd be happy with Fluker as well. But either one of the first 2 will make me cream my pants (sorry Osi :P )