SportsWrath

KP an Eagle

Mr. P

We're up against the cap, Brown emerged as a viable option, and we're paying Rolle. Something had to give. At least we locked up Beatty who I'd say was a much bigger priority given our offensive line situation. I'd say good luck to Kenny but he's an Eagle so fuck em.

Interesting fan comment on NJ.com

Comment posted by TuckU, 3/19/2013 10:31 AM

In reply to Kenny Phillips comes to the Eagles on the cheap

Fresh Start?!? Does that mean sign with your hated rival, get no signing bonus or guaranteed money, let the Iggs milk you for every bit of info and then just before the season starts when your not 100% you get cut at not a penny spent by the iggs. Smooth move Kenny. Welcome to the official end of your career.

Although not very realistic IMO. The signing has nothing to do with milking KP for info. The Iggs have had the Giants number for some time now.

Still, this year they are undeniably in rebuild mode. They might sneak a win out here and there in the East, but they are going to be battling the Cowboys for the basement.

But I agree, I read Nate Allen is set to fight him for a starting job, too.

Still, this year they are undeniably in rebuild mode. They might sneak a win out here and there in the East, but they are going to be battling the Cowboys for the basement.

But I agree, I read Nate Allen is set to fight him for a starting job, too.

There will be no parade down Broadstreet this year. On that we can agree, but i'm optomistic about this season and not just in a homerific way. Yes we're rebuilding, but that doesn't mean we'll be battling the cowballs for the basement.

Jenny Vrentas@JennyVrentas

RT: @MikeGarafolo: Kenny Phillips' deal with the Eagles: 1 year, $1.85m; up to another $1m in incentives.

And Stevie Brown signed his second round tender that will pay him $2.02 this season. Giants had to know KP's asking price and they had to know the exact value of Brown's tender, so either someone (Jerry/Tom) made the calculated decision that they'd rather have Brown for more $$ than KP for less OR maybe KP just wanted out. Hard to imagine the latter but you never know what's going on internally.

And Stevie Brown signed his second round tender that will pay him $2.02 this season. Giants had to know KP's asking price and they had to know the exact value of Brown's tender, so either someone (Jerry/Tom) made the calculated decision that they'd rather have Brown for more $$ than KP for less OR maybe KP just wanted out. Hard to imagine the latter but you never know what's going on internally.

there were rumors for a while that kp wanted out, so its not hard for me to imagine the latter.

there were rumors for a while that kp wanted out, so its not hard for me to imagine the latter.

I looked at the deal yesterday. Very good deal for my Iggs. If he rides the pine he won't see shit for money. If he produces he can make (a little) over a mil.

There will be no parade down Broadstreet this year. On that we can agree, but i'm optomistic about this season and not just in a homerific way. Yes we're rebuilding, but that doesn't mean we'll be battling the cowballs for the basement.

I think you'll be better than they were this year with the Dream Team and will obviously ultimately be in a better position come next year. They are an organization that knows what they are doing---normally---I think the Redskins years of FA pandemonium rubbed off on them wrong that one year.

I think you'll be better than they were this year with the Dream Team and will obviously ultimately be in a better position come next year. They are an organization that knows what they are doing---normally---I think the Redskins years of FA pandemonium rubbed off on them wrong that one year.

Well, the biggest difference I see in who we picked up in FA as opposed to the Reid era is size. We're signing bigger FA's than in years past and like coach Kelly says "big guys beat up little guys."

He signed for one year because the Eagles are taking a flyer on him due to injuries, I don't get how you guys are that upset at this.

This...I yawned at Steve Smith...and I double yawn at this one...he was mostly injured here...what is going to be so different in Eagles land? Is his fragile self going to be hit or hit others any less...?

Well, the biggest difference I see in who we picked up in FA as opposed to the Reid era is size. We're signing bigger FA's than in years past and like coach Kelly says "big guys beat up little guys."

So short-sighted.

I like the theory, bigger, faster, and more athletic is the key in FA.

I agree.

But KP fits that description to a T. Can't even lie.

6-2 217 very fast, fluid, strong and agile.

Just has horrible knees but awesome everything else lol.

I agree.

But KP fits that description to a T. Can't even lie.

6-2 217 very fast, fluid, strong and agile.

Just has horrible knees but awesome everything else lol.

Yea I heard he broke the speed record on the stationary bike.