Sigh, stole this good post

----

Here they are:

With Kenny Phillips in the lineup this past season:

Points per game allowed: 16.85

Rushing yards per game allowed: 112.85

Passing yards per game allowed: 226.7

Total yards per game allowed: 340

If the Giants had a full season with Phillips and averaged those numbers, they would have finished second in the league in points per game allowed.

With Kenny Phillips out of the lineup this past season

Points per game allowed: 25.1

Rushing yards per game allowed: 141.89

Passing yards per game allowed: 275.8

Total yards per game allowed: 417.11

From BigBlueView.com: "Without Phillips those rankings are: 30th in passing yards per game, 31st in rushing yards per game, and 27th in points per game."

Also, BBI's Big Blue Blogger posted in a thread about Phillips and provided these numbers, adding that there's some subjectivity in them like treating this year's games in Philly and Washington as "without KP" because he went down long before either game was decided.

Giants with KP, 2009-2012: 28-13

Giants without KP, 2009-2012: 12-15

Many are going to look to downgrade his importance now that he's gone, but he was a very solid and valuable player for us.

FUck....he was on his way to being my favorite Giant.......

This is a big loss.

C.W agon

Hard to be a favorite when you spend half of your life on the bench. At the end of the day it's a business... I wonder how much the Giants offered him.. if any.

Hard to be a favorite when you spend half of your life on the bench. At the end of the day it's a business... I wonder how much the Giants offered him.. if any.

STFU

GET A CLUE!!!!

You've been improving lots Nas as a Giants poster, but step back and learn KP.

STFU

GET A CLUE!!!!

You've been improving lots Nas as a Giants poster, but step back and learn KP.

Eh, the guy had no fuckin heart anyway. He was ASKED back in fucking December if he wanted to remain a Giant... he didn't say yes.. he danced around the question. He warmed the bench most of his time here... good fucking riddance.

Eh, the guy had no fuckin heart anyway. He was ASKED back in fucking December if he wanted to remain a Giant... he didn't say yes.. he danced around the question. He warmed the bench most of his time here... good fucking riddance.

You obviously watch the games at a bar or don't watch at all.

KP played in more games then not.

Read the post I posted above. The stats with and without KP since 09

That is a huge loss for this defense. Well for half the season anyway

The Giants got fed up with having half a solid player... and they offered him a reasonable amount... he bolted to a higher bidder.. good for him.. good for us.

You obviously watch the games at a bar or don't watch at all.

KP played in more games then not.

Read the post I posted above. The stats with and without KP since 09

Phillips missed all but two games of the 2009 season with a knee condition that required microfracture surgery. Another knee injury in 2012 -- an MCL sprain and PCl injury -- frustrated both him and the Giants, as he came on and off the field and was only able to play seven games.

Not just are you wrong.. the dude is coming off multiple surgeries... his best is way behind him.

When I saw this, it made me absolutely sick to my stomach. It was like a dagger piercing through the heart. KP was the most underrated player on this defense, and the most important outside of the D-Line. He was as reliable as it gets, which is what you look for in a safety. Never blew coverages that allowed big plays and was a sure tackler. I am definitely going to miss him, although not as much because he went to the Eagles. The fact that he went to the Eagles made me dislike him much more than I did before, but I'd still love for him to come back next year after that contract is over. The Giants should have been smart and got rid of Rolle and his ludicrous contract and use some of that money to keep KP.

And to those of you who are questioning him because of injuries, you are wrong. Yeah, he missed 14 games in 2009 when he got microfracture surgery. And yeah, he missed 7 games last year with a sprained MCL in the OTHER knee. So all of these concerns over his knees are overblown. The guy played at least 15 games in 2008, 2010, and 2011. He's had one major injury and another freak injury last year where his knee got bent backwards. His mistake was trying to return when he wasn't 100%.

The guy unquestionably was the best defender in the secondary for this team in 2010 and 2011. Losing him, especially on a one-year deal to Philly, is just pouring salt in the wound. I have to wait to hear the financial numbers, but I highly doubt he got more than $4m on that one-year deal. Dumb, dumb mistake by the Giants. The Giants defense gave up far too many big plays with Rolle and Stevie deep, and that is just going to continue this year. And I'll tell you one thing, Ryan Mundy sure as hell isn't going to soften this blow whatsoever.

And what everyone fails to realize is that we are going to have to go through this same exact thing next year, only to a guy who doesn't have injury concerns which will command more attention in the open market. Stevie Brown is going to be back on a one-year tender. If he performs well, he might just play his way to a big contract. Then what are the Giants left with? An overpaid Rolle who can't cover deep or cover receivers. Great idea Giants...