SportsWrath

Aaron Ross signs back with the Giants

osi724dasack

Oh don't do that, here look at these

:ShakeBoobs:

Giggidity

:cheers:

Selected by the Giants as the 20th overall pick in the 2007, Ross is coming off a season in which he was benched twice for struggling in coverage.

it better be a veteran minimum... the dude flat out sucks...

I've made it clear I'm no fan of Ross but in retrospect there were times when he played well... I guess for vet minimum I'd have to like the signing... I do expect Webby to come back to form willing to believe last year was an aberration... however if he continues to suck, I guess Ross can step in and suck a little less.

At first, I wasn't a fan of this signing at all. But after hearing his interview on Giants.com, it sounds like he genuinely wants to be here. I remember early in his career he considered retirement, so I always questioned his commitment to the team. Listening to that interview was the first time I really thought he seemed committed to making the team better. Hopefully him continually saying "It's great to be home" will make him compete harder than he did early on in his career. Good depth with the ability to start games in place of an injured player. Can't help but like this pickup.

At first, I wasn't a fan of this signing at all. But after hearing his interview on Giants.com, it sounds like he genuinely wants to be here. I remember early in his career he considered retirement, so I always questioned his commitment to the team. Listening to that interview was the first time I really thought he seemed committed to making the team better. Hopefully him continually saying "It's great to be home" will make him compete harder than he did early on in his career. Good depth with the ability to start games in place of an injured player. Can't help but like this pickup.

Amen.

I don't see how this is a bad thing that some here are making it out to be.

Honestly how many CBs did we have on and off the injury list? Fuck it seemed like every week two were getting healthy and another two were going on the list.

He knows the system and is a vetern of the game, I'd have no problem seeing him on the field in nickle and dime situation.

You know.. I'm passed my stages of grief.. but for such a low price and the guy may very well surprise us with solid performance... He's a Giant now... Welcome home, Aaron!!!

Ross was always one of my favorite Giants defenders....coming off the Will and Will era, Ross might not have been a shut down corner. What he was though, was a guy with heart who even though he occasionally got beat by better athletes than himself, he found ways to kick it up a notch at important times in the season. 2011 without Ross playing as well as he did down the stretch could have turned out very differently.

Did I read someone post that vet minimum deals don't count toward the salary cap?

I think it's not exactly true, it's something like the top 51 contracts count towards it. So the top 51 are likely higher than vet minimum.

I think that's only during the offseason though.