SportsWrath

latest mock from kiper

Herc

I'd be pissed if we got a TE in the first, regardless if he's best player available and regardless if we don't re-sign Bennett.

As for resigning Bennett, he'll be slightly more expensive this year because he clearly outperformed his years in Dallas. I'm thinking the average salary of 2.5 should stay, but give him some guaranteed bonus money. Something in the neighborhood of 3 years, 10-12 million total, with bonuses is kinda what I'm thinking.

And yeah, we need to be developing the TE we drafted last year...no need to draft another.

Oh yeah my mistake

I thought we were talking about players being nfl ready.

Change topics to win arguments much?

Explain how I changed my argument from this comment....

No offense to someone from Stanford, but I want a player that is used to dealing with Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M, Florida.....that's about as close to pro competition that you are going to see outside the NFL.

The Giants are not in the market for a QB......we have a guy (from the SEC) that has 2 SB MVPs under his belt. The team had problems on it's offensive line, and also in stopping the run. The SEC excels at both.

If you want to compare the level of competition between the Pac-12 and the SEC, that would be staying inside my original argument. The SEC has won 7 consecutive national championships, and half of Kiper's 1st round mock is from the SEC....TE is not a huge need for them. So yeah, no offense, but I want them to take someone from the SEC, preferably on the offensive line, or at linebacker - two huge areas of need, and from a conference that consistently has the best rushing offenses and defenses in college football.

BPA

I'd be fine with whatever conference that BPA came from.

Not me, Jim. I want a fucking offensive lineman or linebacker from the SEC. I want a blue chip guy that will become a starter and play well.

If Reese pulls some TE out of his ass in the 1st round, and we watch him sit on the sidelines because Gilbride needs a year to be convinced that they know how to block.....I'll flip my wig.

My top two are Jesse Williams from Alabama or Shariff Floyd from Florida, yes Joe both from the SEC :cheers:

Care to elaborate on who these guys are... youtube clips .. thank you very much :05-mafia:

Also, is any of them Samoan? long haired and/or mean and cross-eyed? Thanks in advance :)

Care to elaborate on who these guys are... youtube clips .. thank you very much :05-mafia:

Also, is any of them Samoan? long haired and/or mean and cross-eyed? Thanks in advance :)

Williams is Australian, he's 6'4 320. They are talking he can break the bench press record at the combine. He's massive, we need a load like him, not another pass rushing 3 tech, we have that in Joseph.

http://aol.sportingn...teo-top-lb-list

Some interesting LB prospects:

Jarvis Jones....most likely gone before the Giants can draft.

Manti Teo.....no thanks (at least, not in the 1st round)

Brandon Jenkins....projected 2nd round - this could be a real nice addition.

See the link for the others mentioned.

that's way old, Jenkins got hurt and was out all last year, and Jones is a 3-4 guy

Williams is Australian, he's 6'4 320. They are talking he can break the bench press record at the combine. He's massive, we need a load like him, not another pass rushing 3 tech, we have that in Joseph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ksIy0xAMD8

My only concern is a DT this tall (much like an OL) tend to lose the battle due to higher center of gravity... I want my DTs OLs in the mold of Shaun O'Hara & Snee.. shorter and stocky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ksIy0xAMD8

The Aussie seems to stand his ground well against double teams...but it does seem that he can't easily disengage from the center once he is engaged. Though he does seem to be near to or in on most of the tackles.

The Aussie seems to stand his ground well against double teams...but it does seem that he can't easily disengage from the center once he is engaged. Though he does seem to be near to or in on most of the tackles.

The thing is though, we dont need a DT who can disengage from the blockers, we need one that can take on the center/guard combo and not give an inch of ground and who can help push the pocket.

If JPP continues his trend of imitating Osi and running 25 yards out of the play we are going to need DTs who can don't get pushed back 5 yards.

This Williams guy seems like he would fit the bill.

We're not taking a tight end. Bennett's head isn't always in the game but he's a physical talent and now that he has a full year in the offense I'd expect him to improve. We really don't need any skill position players on offense. Maybe a back mid-late. Any pick not an offensive lineman or front 7 defender would be a surprise to me unless there's some kind of incredible value sitting there.

We're not taking a tight end. Bennett's head isn't always in the game but he's a physical talent and now that he has a full year in the offense I'd expect him to improve. We really don't need any skill position players on offense. Maybe a back mid-late. Any pick not an offensive lineman or front 7 defender would be a surprise to me unless there's some kind of incredible value sitting there.

I agree....I'm tired of feeding Gilbride guys when the defense looked like shit last season and we couldn't block a damn.

The thing is though, we dont need a DT who can disengage from the blockers, we need one that can take on the center/guard combo and not give an inch of ground and who can help push the pocket.

If JPP continues his trend of imitating Osi and running 25 yards out of the play we are going to need DTs who can don't get pushed back 5 yards.

This Williams guy seems like he would fit the bill.

No I agree with you ...he stood his ground and occupied two offensive linemen on each play...would love to see him be all world and shed the blocker and make most of the tackles too... :P