SportsWrath

Tuck Tape

Lughead

So Justin Tuck in NOW watching tape NOW,..... NOW watching tape to see what was going wrong with him ...NOW.....

The defensive end has been studying game tapes from this season, trying to figure out what No. 91 was doing, because he just doesn’t recognize himself. Tuck knows his contribution was paltry compared to past seasons

Shouldn't this be done after Each Game?

Tuck On Tape

does it say he wasn't also doing it over the course of the season?

If he was doing it over the course of the season Wouldn't he then make adjustments during the season? Now he is looking at them saying Why did I do this , Why did I do that?

I'm sure there was game tape shown to them over the course of the season...but it does raise a red flag that he's being this critical of his play now. I mean, I'm sure he was critical of his own play during the season, but why they wouldn't evaluate it to the level where they'd find a different plan, a different move...speaks of not being fully prepared week to week.

I think our team as a whole went into this season unprepared on a gross level. We were coasting off the SB win.

I'm sure there was game tape shown to them over the course of the season...but it does raise a red flag that he's being this critical of his play now. I mean, I'm sure he was critical of his own play during the season, but why they wouldn't evaluate it to the level where they'd find a different plan, a different move...speaks of not being fully prepared week to week.

I think our team as a whole went into this season unprepared on a gross level. We were coasting off the SB win.

Sure didn't look that way against SF, NO or GB though, did it? For a variety of reasons - injuries, got out schemed, etc - we didn't play well when it counted (Atl & Balt).....but I don't believe anybody "coasted".

Sure didn't look that way against SF, NO or GB though, did it? For a variety of reasons - injuries, got out schemed, etc - we didn't play well when it counted (Atl & Balt).....but I don't believe anybody "coasted".

Perhaps we were still coasting, but our coaches out schemed SF, NO, GB?

No, we didn't play well when it counted. But yeah, I think we coasted for a while that led us to play down to lesser competition...resulting in a few hard losses that had they been wins...Atlanta and Baltimore may not have been as crucial to our postseason birth.

It pains me to say it.. but I don't think Tuck is as good as we, or some of us, think he is. Period.

As I've pointed out in the past, Tuck's best play has been as a DT, including the 2007 per Bowl run. He was used inside, esp on passing downs and his quickness on stunts and loops gave OL's fits. He's never really been the DE we expected after Michael retired. Maybe he's best suited to being a situational player, albeit an expensive one!

As I've pointed out in the past, Tuck's best play has been as a DT, including the 2007 per Bowl run. He was used inside, esp on passing downs and his quickness on stunts and loops gave OL's fits. He's never really been the DE we expected after Michael retired. Maybe he's best suited to being a situational player, albeit an expensive one!

Yep, as a DE he's not good.. and given how we can use some help at DT, it wouldn't surpise me if the Giants go DE in the first round if there's a stud DE available... Osi sucks major balls and will bite the dust.

I think Tuck is a good pass rusher and I think he's okay against the run so long as he's on his way to the QB. The biggest issue I've seen with Tuck is his ability to either shed a block or to hold the point. If he's running a stunt, O lineman don't have a chance to get their hands on him. If he's just going straight at a guy, it's a huge detriment to his game.

I said it before that I think our D line suffered greatly this season, not just due to injury or individual play, but a lack of stunts/twists/etc. Too often we went straight at the offense expecting the guys to get home.