SportsWrath

It's going to get worse before it gets better

JMFP

Actually, that's a Giants fan's opinion. Most of the rest of the NFL sees him as the above average talent that he is. There's only been one point in his career he's dominated anything, and that was the 2011 playoffs.

But here you go, here's my list:

Calvin Johnson

Larry Fitz, even with a shitty QB

Julio Jones

Roddy White

Reggie Wayne

Vincent Jackson

Andre Johnson

Brandon Marshall

Steve Smith

Greg Jennings, who unfortunately suffered the same fate as Nicks this year

Mike Wallace

Dwane Bowe, even with a shitty QB

Demarius Thomas

Victor Cruz

Dez Bryant

Wes Welker

Jordy Nelson

Torrey Smith

James Jones

Hakeem Nicks

This is my current list, based on this season. Top 20

You forgot A.J Green, whose top three maybe #1. Jennings and James Jones and Nelson, are nowhere close to top 20, I don't think Bowe is either, also Steve Smith is old. Oh yeah, Percy Harvin?

Who is this "most of the NFL"? . Do we have any specific people perhaps?. I've heard Michael Irvin call him a top wide receiver,same for Deion. I listen to ESPN's football today podcast and heard Matt Williamson and Ross Tucker call him a top 5 wide receiver when he's healthy and Williamson knows his shit. He's not better than Victor Cruz?, I dare say the last few weeks have shown otherwise. Dez Bryant just showed up this year, Dwayne Bowe, give me a fucking break, they don't want him back in KC. Look through that list and tell me how you can say some of these guys have had all this consistancy you claim Nicks doesn't have.

Remember how Plax manhandled the GB DBs in the NFCCG? Have you seen how physical Dez Bryant plays?... Have you seen how physical Nicks is?

One DB Nas in that game Nas, and seriously, Dez Bryant can be as physical as he wants when they can't throw the ball to him because he's ran the wrong route.

You forgot A.J Green, whose top three maybe #1. Jennings and James Jones and Nelson, are nowhere close to top 20, I don't think Bowe is either, also Steve Smith is old. Oh yeah, Percy Harvin?

Yeah forgot about AJ Green, you're right. I think Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings produce at a much higher level than Hakeem Nicks. This is a production and consistency issue. David Boston had Hakeem Nicks talent. I bet no one can even tell me who he played for.

Who is this "most of the NFL"? . Do we have any specific people perhaps?. I've heard Michael Irvin call him a top wide receiver,same for Deion. I listen to ESPN's football today podcast and heard Matt Williamson and Ross Tucker call him a top 5 wide receiver when he's healthy and Williamson knows his shit. He's not better than Victor Cruz?, I dare say the last few weeks have shown otherwise. Dez Bryant just showed up this year, Dwayne Bowe, give me a fucking break, they don't want him back in KC. Look through that list and tell me how you can say some of these guys have had all this consistancy you claim Nicks doesn't have.

One DB Nas in that game Nas, and seriously, Dez Bryant can be as physical as he wants when they can't throw the ball to him because he's ran the wrong route.

Dwayne Bowe had more than half of Hakeem Nicks career touchdowns in one season and he has a garbage QB throwing to him.

And who cares if Steve Smith is old? He puts up better numbers than Hakeem Nicks season after season.

Dwayne Bowe had more than half of Hakeem Nicks career touchdowns in one season and he has a garbage QB throwing to him.

And who cares if Steve Smith is old? He puts up better numbers than Hakeem Nicks season after season.

Who should Steve Smith is one of the issues?. Over his career no,

Then is Bowe had garbage throwing to him ,don't you think they'd want to keep him around when they get that qb, which will have to be next season.

Who should Steve Smith is one of the issues?. Over his career no,

Then is Bowe had garbage throwing to him ,don't you think they'd want to keep him around when they get that qb, which will have to be next season.

You didn't mention Smith but someone did....

I think KC is going to overhaul that whole team, dude....doesn't mean Bowe is the problem, IMO.

Nicks is superb. A superior talent. Every receiver drops balls from time to time. Not every receiver makes the kind of catches Nicks has made for this team. The ball doesn't have to be on target for him, he can contort his body and his hands just seem to swallow the ball. He is a dominant receiver. Not this year, and you can thank the medical staff and Tom Coughlin for that.

However, IF Nicks asks for top 5 money, and IF he hasn't demonstrated a healthy season next year, I would agree with you, you let him walk. That's painful to say, but you can't pay a guy that much money if he's going to continue to be on the injury report every week, and miss multiple games a season.

All this nonsense about his hands and physicality being below par is nonsense, though.

BTW, Dez Bryant, for the time being, is looking like he has his act together. And if that's the case he's always had the physical talent to be one of the best receivers in the game. And he's shown that in the 2nd half of this season, he's been as dominant as anyone, maybe even better than Calvin Johnson and AJ Green, that's how good Dez has been.

yeah it's those 3, nicks and fitz in the top 5 as far as im concerned. im not gonna let one season on one leg change my opinion on him.

dez always had the talent to be the best wr in the league and now he's arguably #2 behind a physical freak who gets forcefed the ball 20 times a game while dez competes with romo's two boyfriends for targets

Honestly those 3 picks going to the pro bowl only outline the joke the pro bowl has become. All 3 picked on last years reputation.

Eli would have been an okay pick and after that, Steve Weatherford. Oh yeah, Stevie Brown has been intercepting passes all year.

Nicks is the better receiver of the two.. no question. My gripe is Nicks can and should use his size to manhandle defenders which often times doesn't happen. I want him healthy too that's for sure.

Nicks is the better receiver of the two.. no question. My gripe is Nicks can and should use his size to manhandle defenders which often times doesn't happen. I want him healthy too that's for sure.

Nas, he's only 6ft 1,and 210. And although he's still bigger than the corners, he's not Calvin Johnson big.

Nas, he's only 6ft 1,and 210. And although he's still bigger than the corners, he's not Calvin Johnson big.

Yea I know... I still think he can be more physical though. It's the beat in me that looks for these kindda of things in a player... a nasty demeanor of sort. However like (Fish I believe) said, Nicks and Cruz are the least of our problems.

yeah it's those 3, nicks and fitz in the top 5 as far as im concerned. im not gonna let one season on one leg change my opinion on him.

dez always had the talent to be the best wr in the league and now he's arguably #2 behind a physical freak who gets forcefed the ball 20 times a game while dez competes with romo's two boyfriends for targets

this

Honestly those 3 picks going to the pro bowl only outline the joke the pro bowl has become. All 3 picked on last years reputation.

Eli would have been an okay pick and after that, Steve Weatherford. Oh yeah, Stevie Brown has been intercepting passes all year.

Stevie Brown was snubbed as hell.

Could it be we were brought down by many factors

1- Injury

2- poor coaching

3- Poor QB play in the 2nd half of the year

4- lack of desire and motivation

I think it was 2, 3, and 4.

The team was relatively healthy compared to even last year. We lost TT and KP and they were replaced by two players who are, in all reality, better than them in Amukamara and Stevie Brown. Nicks was hampered all season, but instead of utilize guys like Randle, Barden, Hixon, and Jernigan, we played a hampered Nicks all season....that falls back to your #2.

This is why I can't really blame Reese outside of the offensive line, which he did drop the ball on but really, their performance last year got BETTER at the end of the year....MUCH better....he had no way of knowing that outside of a few depth signings, there was a need for much more. Snee is garbage anymore. Diehl has probably been done since last year but has his spurts of decent play still. But for the most part Reese put together a strong, deep team. And of course, Eli's piss poor second half of the year did not help whatsoever.

Which leads me to #4 which I think is the biggest problem and there is absolutely no fix for it.

KC has more players going then Atlanta.

I think it was 2, 3, and 4.

The team was relatively healthy compared to even last year. We lost TT and KP and they were replaced by two players who are, in all reality, better than them in Amukamara and Stevie Brown. Nicks was hampered all season, but instead of utilize guys like Randle, Barden, Hixon, and Jernigan, we played a hampered Nicks all season....that falls back to your #2.

This is why I can't really blame Reese outside of the offensive line, which he did drop the ball on but really, their performance last year got BETTER at the end of the year....MUCH better....he had no way of knowing that outside of a few depth signings, there was a need for much more. Snee is garbage anymore. Diehl has probably been done since last year but has his spurts of decent play still. But for the most part Reese put together a strong, deep team. And of course, Eli's piss poor second half of the year did not help whatsoever.

Which leads me to #4 which I think is the biggest problem and there is absolutely no fix for it.

four pages of this. Check out the quotes from these guys seems like everyone aside from manning is talking about next season. IMO look no futher.

Excellent posts. 100% agreed.

Look, it sucks... but from the get go this year... if you were paying attention to the media at all... these guys were too much in love with what they had accomplished. They were infatuated with their own greatness. To be honest, Justin Tuck, to his face, I would call him out. He has let this team down as a leader of the defense. They should strip that C right from his chest. When you continue to read about how great these players think they are... then there is something wrong. As a leader, you have to say that last year doesn't mean shit. You start from the bottom and have to earn your respect again. This team was too big for their britches and they got smacked around because they bought the hype about their own greatness. In the NFL, nobody just shows up on the field on Sunday and gets a 'W'. Especially after you win the Supe. You have to fight for it. And this team lost it's fight, and just like Firstnten intimated in his post... THEY STILL DON'T HAVE THAT FIGHT. They've already fuckin' punted on this season. The leadership on this team is an embarrassment.

It is time for a changing of the guard. On the defense, I put a lot of the blame at Tuck's feet. Secondly, Antrel Rolle, he's been a big talker. This team needs someone with desire and a chip on his shoulder to take over as a leader on this team.

I would advocate trying to steal Rey Mauluaga from the Bengals, who is a free agent after this season. But someone has to step up who's not going to beat around the bush and tell it like it is. Tuck, IMO, hasn't done this. As a leader on this defense, they have lost their pride, and that falls on the Captain.

On offense, Eli similarly deserves some blame. I don't think he's been focused enough at times this year. I don't think he's moving around in the pocket very well. He's been Kerry Collins-esque lately. You have to be aggressive in the pocket and move around, step up when you need to, feel the rush, and make good decisions. Eli has not had a good season in those respects. I think part of it is that the receivers are not getting the separation he was accustomed to seeing last year. Part of that is Nicks being hobbled, doubles on Cruz, and not trusting Bennett and Randle.

But it seems like this year, he's all to willing to just stand there and take a sack or just throw it away or something. Come on, Eli, tuck the ball and run. Buy more time. Be aggressive. B-E aggressive. I don't see the fire in his eyes this year either.