SportsWrath

Nicks experiencing swelling in knee again.

Steitzenhaus

Won't practice this week. I'm assuming this means he won't play but I think that's a good thing at this point. Give him a full two weeks to rest and hopefully some of these issues will clear up for him. We have depth at receiver time to start using it.

We need this win against the Bengals. Going into the bye on a high note would serve this team well given the lackluster play as of late. Sitting on 6 wins, I have to believe 4 more wins is a lock for the division win, assuming 2 of those come in our remaining division games against Philly and Washington.

Cincinnatti, Philly, Washington, and 1 other win...playoffs are entirely doable this year, despite our recent struggles

yeah he clearly shouldn't have ever been thrown back out there. the guy can't get any separation nor can he jump. he might've been healthy by now if we let him rest for all of october.

we needed those 13 catches for 158 yards though i guess

ok it says "It remains to be seen whether Nicks will practice on Thursday." so i guess they haven't ruled him out of practice for the rest of the week yet. maybe the swelling will go down.

he said "im good" but he always says he's fine. he said it after the freaking tampa game where he was visibly limping so you really can't take this guy at his word when it comes to injuries

Nevermind he must have changed it.

It said this week when I read it earlier the article didn't have any quotes from Coughlin either.

maybe the giants corrected the reporter. that'd be even better news i suppose

For the life of me, I don't understand why we play guys when they're 60% so they remain at 60% for an entire season.

It's not like we don't have four starting-calibur guys behind Nicks. Yeah, he's out best guy, but shit can we just rest him so he's 90% to 100% instead of starting him when he's 65%? It's not like Barden and Hixon weren't putting up numbers.

I think Nicks is at around 85% and the Giants should rest Nicks this week and let him come back after the bye.

For the life of me, I don't understand why we play guys when they're 60% so they remain at 60% for an entire season.

It's not like we don't have four starting-calibur guys behind Nicks. Yeah, he's out best guy, but shit can we just rest him so he's 90% to 100% instead of starting him when he's 65%? It's not like Barden and Hixon weren't putting up numbers.

Really? This is a complete shock, I just assumed he forgot how to get open....I forgot the Giants like to throw players back into the mix who are completely ineffective.

yeah he clearly shouldn't have ever been thrown back out there. the guy can't get any separation nor can he jump. he might've been healthy by now if we let him rest for all of october.

we needed those 13 catches for 158 yards though i guess

Double Bump...

Some of us were saying to hold him out of the entire preseason and even the first Dallas game, if necessary, to make sure he is 100% full go and pain free before throwing him in there. Giants didn't do that, and here we are in week 10 still talking about getting him healthy. Which, btw, is unrealistic for this season at this point. He was rushed back. I would've mandated to him an extra week, especially in the preseason, of doing nothing but rest and continued rehab.

Ice, I've been saying that for 3 or 4 weeks in a row. He's not fine, and he's not going to be fine. This is a lost season for him. And if he was full go last weekend, i really believe we would've won against the Steelers. Part of the struggles of Eli currently is that receivers like Randle just aren't on the same page.

Some of us were saying to hold him out of the entire preseason and even the first Dallas game, if necessary, to make sure he is 100% full go and pain free before throwing him in there. Giants didn't do that, and here we are in week 10 still talking about getting him healthy. Which, btw, is unrealistic for this season at this point. He was rushed back. I would've mandated to him an extra week, especially in the preseason, of doing nothing but rest and continued rehab.

Exactly Allstar...the Giants come from that school where half of a star is better than a whole backup...sheer folly IMHO...

I think the Giants held him out appropriately at the beginning of the season. I think that he was fine to play when he reaggravated it, I believe in the Buccs game. It was the way he was twisted down by his ankle that caused the setback that then caused him to miss games.

If you want to argue that he should've been held out longer since that point, I can buy that. But he was good to go right up until the reaggravation, which I feel may or may not have happened...meaning the coming back week 1 as opposed to week 2 or 3 had no impact on the reaggravation.

yeah he was clearly ok in week 2. he went fucking bonkers with 199 yards and 2 tds. it's just unfortunate that he had a separate injury. im also not completely convinced that barron didnt step on his foot on purpose. i thought he shortened his stride a little and he has a reputation as a very physical player.

but he clearly wasn't ready after 3 games. he should've sat out longer. im not expecting him to go off this week--eli isn't even looking in his direction so that tells me he's on decoy duty at this point. hopefully the bye week will get him right

He wasn't 100% for week 1. He wasn't 100% for week 2. You know why he re-aggravated the injury? Because it wasn't fully healed to begin with. It was good enough for him to play, sure. But had the Giants taken that extra precaution in the preseason, I believe that foot (and knee) gets to the point where a little contact or even getting stepped on doesn't set him 5 steps back injury-wise.

He had surgery. I thought it was a mistake then, I still think it was a mistake, and I think we aren't getting the real Hakeem Nicks at week 10 in the season because of that mistake. And yes, part of my pissiness on this issue is because I drafted him in two leagues, lol.

He wasn't 100% for week 1. He wasn't 100% for week 2. You know why he re-aggravated the injury? Because it wasn't fully healed to begin with. It was good enough for him to play, sure. But had the Giants taken that extra precaution in the preseason, I believe that foot (and knee) gets to the point where a little contact or even getting stepped on doesn't set him 5 steps back injury-wise.

He had surgery. I thought it was a mistake then, I still think it was a mistake, and I think we aren't getting the real Hakeem Nicks at week 10 in the season because of that mistake. And yes, part of my pissiness on this issue is because I drafted him in two leagues, lol.

Agree completely...