SportsWrath

Somebody explain this to me... Eli's kneel down

Sephiroth

Not for nothing but there was 5 seconds left in the game, grow up you fucking babies. You lost. You had a chance to win and came up short. Maybe if you gave as much energy into the entire game as you gave into one last play of desperation you wouldve won, but you let the Giants destroy you in the 4th quarter. Lets get something clear, 5 seconds left. Its not like the Giants were gonna have to punt the fucking ball back. Grow the fuck up this isnt small ball anymore, its the NFL.

It's just a new coach trying to make a statement. No other team in the league does it or has done it but whatever. He wants his players to "play till the whistle blows". Well, you may have wanted to reinforce that a bit earlier before the Giants put up 600 yards of total offense.

If Eli fumbles and it goes for 7.... it is a totally different story.

Was it cheap... yes. But down 1 score what do you have to lose?

The thing is though, not a single one went for Eli, they all shot for our O-lines knees though.

No QB is going to fumble in knell down.

Bush league, cheap play that wont net anything more then someone getting a knee cap taken out.

While I applaud the "never-say-die"/"ain't over til it's over" attitude, there's other ways to prove your team isn't going to give up rather than diving at a kneeling QBs and his olines knees....

I wouldn't have minded if they played hard through the kneel down, teams do that....what they don't do is dive at knees.

Not for nothing but there was 5 seconds left in the game, grow up you fucking babies. You lost. You had a chance to win and came up short. Maybe if you gave as much energy into the entire game as you gave into one last play of desperation you wouldve won, but you let the Giants destroy you in the 4th quarter. Lets get something clear, 5 seconds left. Its not like the Giants were gonna have to punt the fucking ball back. Grow the fuck up this isnt small ball anymore, its the NFL.

That's a close-minded assessment. Anything could happen. A botched center-QB exchange, Eli fumbling, etc. They weren't doing it because they thought they could force a punt in 5 seconds, lol.

You've never seen the Herm Edwards play?

That's a close-minded assessment. Anything could happen. A botched center-QB exchange, Eli fumbling, etc. They weren't doing it because they thought they could force a punt in 5 seconds, lol.

You've never seen the Herm Edwards play?

Well that was a botched hand off as well, not a simple kneel down.

Well that was a botched hand off as well, not a simple kneel down.

Yeah, but still, fact remains....mistakes happen-ya never know-and they tend to happen a lot more when someone is trying to force them to happen....

Yeah, but still, fact remains....mistakes happen-ya never know-and they tend to happen a lot more when someone is trying to force them to happen....

The fact still remains, after the 1000s of kneel down plays in the NFLs history, I cant think of a single one that was ever botched.

And I'm sure on some of them defenders were trying to force something.

The fact still remains, after the 1000s of kneel down plays in the NFLs history, I cant think of a single one that was ever botched.

And I'm sure on some of them defenders were trying to force something.

Dude, aren't you the resident statistician? Of the tens of thousands of snaps in one NFL season, several of those will be botched, many with the QB right under center. There is absolutely no reason to assume that it can never happen on a kneel down and that your guys shouldn't be trying to move the pile on kneel downs. Even if there is a .00005% chance, why wouldn't you? I have no problem whatsoever with the idea behind it. In this case, it was the execution.

This has always been right up there with leaving timeouts on the field, for me, as far as football pet peeves. You see it all the time. It's coming up on halftime, the team with the lead has the ball on their own 20ish, opposing team has a timeout or two left. Opposing team lets currently winning team take a knee run out the clock. WHY? How many times has Eli and the Giants thrown a pick or fumbled trying to pound points on the board under 1 minute? It happened just yesterday. Use the timeout and force them to take another snap. You have no reason not to.

And to those saying no NFL team does it. I've seen hundreds of NFL teams try the same thing. They just didn't aim for knees which is where the problem lies.

I heard Herm Edwards explain the "Miracle of the Meadowlands" this morning.

No one used the "Victory" formation in those days......you ran it or took a knee

The Giants took a knee and Philly pulled a Schiano.....then we ran it uneventfully.......on the fateful play that changed the course of our franchise Herm said half the Giants were playing for a run and half were thinking knee........Pisarcheck turned nodded to Csonka and Csonka thought the nod meant knee.......Pisarcheck handed it off to csonka's ass and the rest is history

Edwards was aware when the Gians lined up they were confused.......he pounced

If Eli had let the ball go flying yesterday you were looking at overtime......2 Tampa DB's were doing a great Herm imitation....hovering

Dude, aren't you the resident statistician? Of the tens of thousands of snaps in one NFL season, several of those will be botched, many with the QB right under center. There is absolutely no reason to assume that it can never happen on a kneel down and that your guys shouldn't be trying to move the pile on kneel downs. Even if there is a .00005% chance, why wouldn't you? I have no problem whatsoever with the idea behind it. In this case, it was the execution.

This has always been right up there with leaving timeouts on the field, for me, as far as football pet peeves. You see it all the time. It's coming up on halftime, the team with the lead has the ball on their own 20ish, opposing team has a timeout or two left. Opposing team lets currently winning team take a knee run out the clock. WHY? How many times has Eli and the Giants thrown a pick or fumbled trying to pound points on the board under 1 minute? It happened just yesterday. Use the timeout and force them to take another snap. You have no reason not to.

And to those saying no NFL team does it. I've seen hundreds of NFL teams try the same thing. They just didn't aim for knees which is where the problem lies.

:puzzled:

I'm not talking about any snap from under center, I'm talking about the QB taking a knee in the "victory formation"

When is the last time you seen the QB bobble the ball in that formation in the NFL?

"The Miracle at the medow lands" was a botched call with a botched handoff.

:puzzled:

So, every time you see a kneel down, everyone just stands up and walks off the field. Got ya.

Of course not, they actually hit the guy across from him, even if it is the end of the game. There's no unwritten law anywhere that says you can't try to generate pressure real fast to disrupt the snap. lol.

The NFL sided with the Bucs, and it's not only a legal play, it's a smart play if you aren't aiming for knees. Why everyone from Eli to Coughlin is bitching about this is beyond me. You bitched at the coach and told him what you thought, listen to your own advice and keep the rest of it in-house. Christ.

I'm not talking about any snap from under center, I'm talking about the QB taking a knee in the "victory formation"

When is the last time you seen the QB bobble the ball in that formation in the NFL?

"The Miracle at the medow lands" was a botched call with a botched handoff.

LMAO! Yes, because a QB under center snap is a completely different snap than a QB under center snap. Logical.

Ya know, the ball couldn't hug a little too close to the center's leg like it sometimes tends to do and lead to a little bit of a bobble by the QB and the ball hitting the ground. That could NEVER happen....because the QB is under center and it's never happened when the QB is under center-ever.

GOD FORBID you'd want your players moving and in position to make a play if such an impossible thing that has never,ever occurred in the NFL (a center botching a snap) were to occur.

If it were NL baseball, Freeman would be getting a little chin music next inning.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see what happens next time the Bucs use the Victory formation. It'd be kinda hilarious if every time they thought they had the game won and took a knee, the other team bull rushed them just for the Hell of it. Hell, it'd be even funnier if that happened at the end of the half.

LMAO! Yes, because a QB under center snap is a completely different snap than a QB under center snap. Logical.

Ya know, the ball couldn't hug a little too close to the center's leg like it sometimes tends to do and lead to a little bit of a bobble by the QB and the ball hitting the ground. That could NEVER happen....because the QB is under center and it's never happened when the QB is under center-ever.

GOD FORBID you'd want your players moving and in position to make a play if such an impossible thing that has never,ever occurred in the NFL (a center botching a snap) were to occur.

Storm, once again, show me a when a QB has fumbled a ball from taking the snap in a victory formation, or when a team has lost a ball in the victory formation, not a botched play mind you an actual QB kneel down.

I'm not arguing that a team shouldn't do everything they can to win, but honestly what the Bucs did wasnt trying to "win the game" it was a cheap shot. Eli wasn't going to fumble the ball, I'm not going to say no QB ever has because I'm sure maybe in the early days on the NFL it happened but really it just doenst happen in today's NFL.

Storm, once again, show me a when a QB has fumbled a ball from taking the snap in a victory formation, or when a team has lost a ball in the victory formation, not a botched play mind you an actual QB kneel down.

I'm not arguing that a team shouldn't do everything they can to win, but honestly what the Bucs did wasnt trying to "win the game" it was a cheap shot. Eli wasn't going to fumble the ball, I'm not going to say no QB ever has because I'm sure maybe in the early days on the NFL it happened but really it just doenst happen in today's NFL.

Haha, you're saying it's impossible for a center to botch a snap. What the fuck is wrong with you?

It happens probably 10 times a season, per team.