SportsWrath

This just in- Strahan has called for Tumors house be checked for Bath Salts

JackStroud

LOL

I'm no big Skinny Mike fan but that was so on the money, and funny, its incredible

Amani, if you are such a good dancer, lets see you dance your way out of this corner you painted yourself into.

Michael Kay gave you 15 minutes yesterday to clarify your comments and all you did was get out a shovel and dig a deeper hole.

PS- What does "The Midget" MLBer have to say about all of this??.........he has been strangely silent and does not want to touch the trird rail.......Smart on Antonio's part

Amani, welcome to the Tiki Barber "I've lost all credibility, will divorce my wife and run off with a bimbo, get booed if I enter Metlife Stadium, and will go to work for a shipping company" club :ShakeBoobs:

Excuse me JackStroud1

4:07 PM, July 6, 2012 ι By ANTHONY SULLA-HEFFINGER

Michael Strahan was the anchor of the Giants defense for the better part of two decades and is now coming to the aid of former teammate Eli Manning.

One day after former Giants wide receiver Amani Toomer claimed that Cowboys QB Tony Romo was a better quarterback that Eli Manning, Strahan took to the airwaves to defend the two-time Super Bowl MVP.

“You need to check [Toomer’s] house for bath salts,” Strahan said on the Hill and Schlereth Show on ESPN Radio. “I haven’t heard anything, but that’s surprising to hear. Somebody’s always better than the next.”

Strahan, who was teammates with both Manning and Toomer during the Giants’ Super Bowl run in 2007, said he would rather let the players’ accomplishments speak for themselves.

“I just look at what people have done in their careers when it comes to the numbers and the things they’ve done to excel and where they are right now,” Strahan said. “I look at Eli and I think he’s the only two-time [super Bowl] winning quarterback in the league who gets less respect than anybody else.”

Strahan, who was teammates with Manning from 2004-08, said that Eli’s critics may overlook him due to the way he goes about playing his position.

“I think maybe it’s his demeanor, maybe it’s just the way he goes about his business,” Strahan said. “It’s not showy and it doesn’t look fancy and it’s not extravagant looking but you know what, numbers don’t lie, people do.”

The Giants all-time leader in sacks also credited Manning for believing in himself and transforming into a franchise quarterback.

“The talent level was always there, he could always make all of the throws he just has such a high level of confidence right now,” Strahan said. “The Eli Manning that the Giants have now is the quarterback that they hoped they drafted, that they expected when they drafted.

“His confidence is through the roof, totally different than when I was there.”

After this debacle he might be asking Tiki for a job at the shipping company

He better not show up at METLIFE Stadium this year....or for many to come

I would like to see him back on the ESPN NY Michael Kay show after game #1.......Kay gave him every opportunity to back off yesterday and Toomer kept attacking...at one point he could not remember the name of the Giants Offensive co-ordinator for 9 -10 seconds (Kay just let him hang in dead air)

His premise was Eli always had the same OC and he was a good one......but inexplicably Toomer could not remember Kevin Gilbride's name....Amani might actually have some kind of brain damage

After this debacle he might be asking Tiki for a job at the shipping company

He better not show up at METLIFE Stadium this year....or for many to come

I would like to see him back on the ESPN NY Michael Kay show after game #1.......Kay gave him every opportunity to back off yesterday and Toomer kept attacking...at one point he could not remember the name of the Giants Offensive co-ordinator for 9 -10 seconds (Kay just let him hang in dead air)

His premise was Eli always had the same OC and he was a good one......but inexplicably Toomer could not remember Kevin Gilbride's name....Amani might actually have some kind of brain damage

Well, he had Dave Brown, Danny Kanell, Kent Graham, Kerry Collins, Jesse Palmer, and Kurt Warner throwing to him for most of his career. Fans have brain damage looking at that list, so why wouldn't Amani?

actually you can appear normal, and yet have occasional memory blackouts after too many hits to the head

Not remembering Kevin's name might also indicate this guy was always a Cowboys fan, and pays little attention to the Giants.

He is certainly not following Eli's evolution to close to #1 NFL QB (which in itself is remarkable 7-8 yrs into your career)

Also take away Jason Witten and make Tony rely upon WRs only as Eli has had to, and I wonder what Tony's Stats and record would be

Well, he had Dave Brown, Danny Kanell, Kent Graham, Kerry Collins, Jesse Palmer, and Kurt Warner throwing to him for most of his career. Fans have brain damage looking at that list, so why wouldn't Amani?

Jesus the only two fair to good QB's were Warner and Collins...both more fair than good. :russian-roulette2:

I recall Danny Kannell as a winning QB on a very bad team

Ernie could just resist bringing in Kerry Collins though and the rest was pick six after pick six after pick six......despite all that we did get to a SB then pick six after pick six after pick six

had our own TD not been called back though we might have had more luck against the Ravens

I think a big difference between Amani and tiki is tiki talked shit right when the season was star toting, this is July and the media is not so heavy as September for football.

Plus Amani was loved his whole giants career tiki was always a dick licker, but produced.

Amani remains one of my favorite Giants and always will be. I happen to disagree with him here... to his credit he based his analysis on specific stats... which made him right in a narrow sense. Eli is top 5 QBs in the league and no one comes even close when it comes to composure under pressure.

To be frank Nas, Amani made what may be a career ending declaration.

He hauled out the 8 yr average records average for no reason whatsoever. Totally ignored the late game, and playoffs factor that makes Eli the far superior QB...........its not even close, even cowboy fans concede this.

He then got on national ESPN radio and got so cornered and flustered by Michael Kay he could not remember his own OC's name. It was extremely painful and embarrassing to listen to all this.

Tiki never compared Eli to Tony Romo.............He just said he did not yet have enough Gravitas to be considered a team leader (which at that time was true)

Saying the Cowboys unaccomplished QB is better than Eli is utter LUNACY

I always liked Amani as a player and an analyst.......but what he is campaigning for is simply ludicrous and monumentally unnecessary......he made no one happy with his "findings"......likely even Tony Romo, who has to be scratching his head........ Amani is air to me now. He needs to issue a total unequivocal apology to Eli, and Giants/football fans everywhere.

I actually agree with Jack on this one.

One aspect of this people may not be talking about that I think could speak to the heart of the matter is that Amani left the Giants not on his terms. Amani thought he could still play... the Giants didn't. Amani went to KC, I believe, and didn't last very long there until he was forced into retirement. Amani held on too long, and made the team make the decision for him, then got bitter about it.

Amani was a good receiver for us for some years. We now have two receivers that are better than he ever was. The Giants did not have an illustrious history of game-changing receivers. Amani broke a record that was not a high bar. Not to take away from his accomplishments, because Amani was a good player for us. He toiled through some bad years. And he didn't get to benefit from Eli's best years, either.

All that said, him saying this is stupid. And it ignores the fact that Eli has played most of his career playing in a wind tunnel. Playing games in the Meadowlands is far different than playing in Cowboys Stadium, or even Texas Stadium before that. Something that is lost on most ignoramuses who make these comparisons. It's exactly why Drew Brees is actually human in outdoor games. If you look at his outdoor/indoor splits, you see a 12/8 TD-INT ratio compared to 34-6 in domes.

Romo was just as good outdoors as indoors this past season, but if you look at years prior to this year, you see a different picture. It's a much smaller sample when it comes to Eli and indoor games, but he's also better indoors. And he got to play in what, 3 games indoors last year? Imagine his numbers playing in New Orleans in that division? That's a minimum of 9 dome games a year, plus a game in what is usually beautiful outdoor conditions in Tampa. No one talks about the inflated stats that some QB's benefit from because of their protection from the elements, playing in controlled climates. It does help, by a lot.

What Eli and Brady does is more impressive than guys like Brees and Stafford given the conditions they usually play in, period. And Romo is no different. Cowboys Stadium is a dome, and even with the roof open it still doesn't really get windy in there because it's a hole in the roof rather than a true open air stadium.

you should get your recall checked. i recall roll right, incomplete, punt.

Have you ever heard of Wikopedia, before you put your foot in your mouth???? He lead us to the NFC Championship his 2nd season and 1st as a starter.

"Kanell was drafted by the New York Giants in the fourth round (130th overall) in the 1996 NFL Draft. He made his NFL debut later that season. The next season in New York, Kanell became the starter and played the last ten games of the 1997 season, leading the Giants to the NFC Eastern Division title. In those ten games he threw for 1,740 yards with eleven touchdowns and nine interceptions. The Giants played in the playoffs against the Minnesota Vikings but lost 23-22. Kanell went 16/32 with 199 yards and one touchdown in that game. The following year, Kanell started all ten games he played in while throwing for 1,603 yards, eleven touchdowns and ten interceptions. With a record of 3-7 at that point, the Giants benched Kanell in favor of Kent Graham, who led the Giants to a 5-1 record down the stretch and an 8-8 finish. At the end of the season the Giants signed Kerry Collins from the New Orleans Saints and cut Kanell to make enough salary cap room to pay Collins' salary." ............Maybe if The Giants let Danny develop we would have beaten the Ravens

I think you have Danny confused with the infamous Dave Brown.........Danny was the one bright light in a mostly miserable 1990's.....one more point and he would have been in the AFC title game with a miserable supporting cast. Ernie forced "pick six" Collins down our throats.

Have you ever heard of Wikopedia, before you put your foot in your mouth???? He lead us to the NFC Division Championship his 2nd season and 1st as a starter....when we had won nothing in 8 years.

"Kanell was drafted by the New York Giants in the fourth round (130th overall) in the 1996 NFL Draft. He made his NFL debut later that season. The next season in New York, Kanell became the starter and played the last ten games of the 1997 season, leading the Giants to the NFC Eastern Division title. In those ten games he threw for 1,740 yards with eleven touchdowns and nine interceptions. The Giants played in the playoffs against the Minnesota Vikings but lost 23-22. Kanell went 16/32 with 199 yards and one touchdown in that game. The following year, Kanell started all ten games he played in while throwing for 1,603 yards, eleven touchdowns and ten interceptions. With a record of 3-7 at that point, the Giants benched Kanell in favor of Kent Graham, who led the Giants to a 5-1 record down the stretch and an 8-8 finish. At the end of the season the Giants signed Kerry Collins from the New Orleans Saints and cut Kanell to make enough salary cap room to pay Collins' salary." ............Maybe if The Giants let Danny develop we would have beaten the Ravens

I think you have Danny confused with the infamous Dave Brown.........Danny was the one bright light in a mostly miserable 1990's.....one more point and he would have been in the NFC title game with a miserable supporting cast. Ernie then forced "pick six" Collins down our throats.