SportsWrath

This just in- Strahan has called for Tumors house be checked for Bath Salts

JackStroud

I actually agree with Jack on this one.

One aspect of this people may not be talking about that I think could speak to the heart of the matter is that Amani left the Giants not on his terms. Amani thought he could still play... the Giants didn't. Amani went to KC, I believe, and didn't last very long there until he was forced into retirement. Amani held on too long, and made the team make the decision for him, then got bitter about it.

Amani was a good receiver for us for some years. We now have two receivers that are better than he ever was. The Giants did not have an illustrious history of game-changing receivers. Amani broke a record that was not a high bar. Not to take away from his accomplishments, because Amani was a good player for us. He toiled through some bad years. And he didn't get to benefit from Eli's best years, either.

All that said, him saying this is stupid. And it ignores the fact that Eli has played most of his career playing in a wind tunnel. Playing games in the Meadowlands is far different than playing in Cowboys Stadium, or even Texas Stadium before that. Something that is lost on most ignoramuses who make these comparisons. It's exactly why Drew Brees is actually human in outdoor games. If you look at his outdoor/indoor splits, you see a 12/8 TD-INT ratio compared to 34-6 in domes.

Romo was just as good outdoors as indoors this past season, but if you look at years prior to this year, you see a different picture. It's a much smaller sample when it comes to Eli and indoor games, but he's also better indoors. And he got to play in what, 3 games indoors last year? Imagine his numbers playing in New Orleans in that division? That's a minimum of 9 dome games a year, plus a game in what is usually beautiful outdoor conditions in Tampa. No one talks about the inflated stats that some QB's benefit from because of their protection from the elements, playing in controlled climates. It does help, by a lot.

What Eli and Brady does is more impressive than guys like Brees and Stafford given the conditions they usually play in, period. And Romo is no different. Cowboys Stadium is a dome, and even with the roof open it still doesn't really get windy in there because it's a hole in the roof rather than a true open air stadium.

:clap:

Have you ever heard of Wikopedia, before you put your foot in your mouth???? He lead us to the NFC Championship his 2nd season and 1st as a starter.

"Kanell was drafted by the New York Giants in the fourth round (130th overall) in the 1996 NFL Draft. He made his NFL debut later that season. The next season in New York, Kanell became the starter and played the last ten games of the 1997 season, leading the Giants to the NFC Eastern Division title. In those ten games he threw for 1,740 yards with eleven touchdowns and nine interceptions. The Giants played in the playoffs against the Minnesota Vikings but lost 23-22. Kanell went 16/32 with 199 yards and one touchdown in that game. The following year, Kanell started all ten games he played in while throwing for 1,603 yards, eleven touchdowns and ten interceptions. With a record of 3-7 at that point, the Giants benched Kanell in favor of Kent Graham, who led the Giants to a 5-1 record down the stretch and an 8-8 finish. At the end of the season the Giants signed Kerry Collins from the New Orleans Saints and cut Kanell to make enough salary cap room to pay Collins' salary." ............Maybe if The Giants let Danny develop we would have beaten the Ravens

I think you have Danny confused with the infamous Dave Brown.........Danny was the one bright light in a mostly miserable 1990's.....one more point and he would have been in the AFC title game with a miserable supporting cast. Ernie forced "pick six" Collins down our throats.

he sucked less than brown, which is why he got the job. still sucked, jack.

he had a noodle arm- he surprised people with his ability to roll right. once the league caught up, he was DUN done.

he sucked less than brown, which is why he got the job. still sucked, jack.

he had a noodle arm- he surprised people with his ability to roll right. once the league caught up, he was DUN done.

He surprised me that he could lead us to a playoff game. He had no noodle arm.......look at his yardage totals, TD to INT ratio

Danny was a good game manager ala Eli.......what truly SUCKED was the Giants management and the rest of the team at the time.

We had one weapon- Hampton, and he was hurt 90% of the time.....who did Danny have to throw to? Dan Reeves?

Was Lurch an improvement???? One thing Amani said WAS true.......the rest of the team does count for a lot.

Romo has had good teams but he has only been average. Danny had a god awful supporting cast.

He surprised me that he could lead us to a playoff game. He had no noodle arm.......look at his yardage totals, TD to INT ratio

Danny was a good game manager ala Eli.......what truly SUCKED was the Giants management and the rest of the team at the time.

We had one weapon- Hampton, and he was hurt 90% of the time.....who did Danny have to throw to? Dan Reeves?

Was Lurch an improvement???? One thing Amani said WAS true.......the rest of the team does count for a lot.

Romo has had good teams but he has only been average. Danny had a god awful supporting cast.

Didn't Kanell go on to start a few games for the Broncos and they, too, got tired of his roll right, incomplete, punt programming that blu is talking about....

Didn't Kanell go on to start a few games for the Broncos and they, too, got tired of his roll right, incomplete, punt programming that blu is talking about....

I don't know, I'd have to check that "wikopedia"

Laugh all you want....... Danny was a winner.............Lurch sucked dick. That fool drove me crazy with his INTs

Did you ever here of the term "stepping in the bucket" Lurch never saw a defensive lineman that did not make him poop his pants.

Kerry went on to an illustrious career at Oakland where he majored in Pick Six's

Laugh all you want....... Danny was a winner.............Lurch sucked dick. That fool drove me crazy with his INTs

Did you ever here of the term "stepping in the bucket" Lurch never saw a defensive lineman that did not make him poop his pants.

Kerry went on to an illustrious career at Oakland where he majored in Pick Six's

I wikopediaed his career numbers and checked out his numbers by starts....and some other stuff

1. He led no one to any championship of any kind in the NFL. He led the Giants to a Wild Card playoff berth

2. He was a career 63.2 passer with more INTs than TDs and a meager 5.4 career average yards per completion (LOL)

3. He WAS given a chance, in 3 seasons with us, including his rookie year, he started 20 games and was active for 30...he proceeded to get benched 10 games into his 2nd season, which he got to start btw, by Kent Graham who actually DID start winning games afterwards

He was a typical Spurrier QB.

Yes, Collins was a vast improvement.

He helped create Offense with a capital O for the first time in NYG history.

Y.A. Tittle might disagree about the first time in NYG history bit.

But Collins was an improvement. I would never, ever want him back here again because of the fumbles and interceptions, but at least he wasn't as utterly miserable as Graham or Kannell. I think I'd rather watch an out of control fire in a trailer park, than watch those games again.

Y.A. Tittle might disagree about the first time in NYG history bit.

But Collins was an improvement. I would never, ever want him back here again because of the fumbles and interceptions, but at least he wasn't as utterly miserable as Graham or Kannell. I think I'd rather watch an out of control fire in a trailer park, than watch those games again.

I remember being so pissed they benched Warner with a winning record for Eli...essentially leading me to believe they were giving up on a winning season for a rookie QB, but damn, I am so glad they did it. One of the gutsier calls in sports history, IMO.

I remember being so pissed they benched Warner with a winning record for Eli...essentially leading me to believe they were giving up on a winning season for a rookie QB, but damn, I am so glad they did it. One of the gutsier calls in sports history, IMO.

I was happy when they did it, Warner just wasn't that good for us. Held the ball forever.

Hasn't Coughlin even said that he somewhat regrets not starting Eli from day one of the season? I recall reading it somewhere.

Or maybe it was just Eli who really wanted to but Coughlin said no to it.

At the end of the day like you said, I'm glad with what happened.

I wikopediaed his career numbers and checked out his numbers by starts....and some other stuff

1. He led no one to any championship of any kind in the NFL. He led the Giants to a Wild Card playoff berth

2. He was a career 63.2 passer with more INTs than TDs and a meager 5.4 career average yards per completion (LOL)

3. He WAS given a chance, in 3 seasons with us, including his rookie year, he started 20 games and was active for 30...he proceeded to get benched 10 games into his 2nd season, which he got to start btw, by Kent Graham who actually DID start winning games afterwards

I remember was it Reeves once asked about Kannell's performance in the game he won....Reeves looked like he had the runs and was constipated at the same time... :toilet: he said..."well he managed the game umm well" :LMAO:

I remember was it Reeves once asked about Kannell's performance in the game he won....Reeves looked like he had the runs and was constipated at the same time... :toilet: he said..."well he managed the game umm well" :LMAO:

you mean his normal look...

"Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown""Dave Brown"