SportsWrath

Now that the offense is soaring, can we turn our D around?

JackStroud

Its been many moons since a Giants fan could point to their offense as the better unit.....few would argue that now.

In regular season games.

I think in the playoffs the D drew even, and maybe passed the O. Proving the potential is there, but can it be sustained?

Hopefully, baring injuries, we present a totally balanced team to our opponents this year. Thoughts?

I still put most of the earlier defensive shittiness on Fewell's scheme. I think he made several adjustments down the stretch (particualrly in terms of playing off-coverage and blitzing) which righted the ship. The D, especially the secondary, was clearly confused a number of times early on. As long as he doesn't revert to that early philosopy I think we'll probably be a top 10 D in terms of yardage, making thinks a lot easier on Comeback Kid Eli.

Defense is fine as long as its healthy, same story from last year. Only interesting position on defense this year is linebacker.

I disagree..........Boley, Blackburn and KIWI are the best we have had since LT and Carson.....and I have no idea who the 3rd was- who cares

I disagree..........Boley, Blackburn and KIWI are the best we have had since LT and Carson.....and I have no idea who the 3rd was- who cares

Uhhh, Carl Banks....

When are we going to acknowledge something is wrong with Tuck........since that dirtbag tripped him and he tore his labrum he has not been the same guy

I thought we acknowledged it when he was standing on the sidelines. :confused:

I still put most of the earlier defensive shittiness on Fewell's scheme. I think he made several adjustments down the stretch (particualrly in terms of playing off-coverage and blitzing) which righted the ship. The D, especially the secondary, was clearly confused a number of times early on. As long as he doesn't revert to that early philosopy I think we'll probably be a top 10 D in terms of yardage, making thinks a lot easier on Comeback Kid Eli.

To his credit, we had no LBs that could blitz when Boley went down and there were lots of injuries to the secondary.

To his credit, we had no LBs that could blitz when Boley went down and there were lots of injuries to the secondary.

Dude, don't waste your time, I told some of these guys that ALL freakin' season. Logic and reason is often lost when you have Giants fans who are keen on blitzing on every down, no matter what the personnel looks like.

Fewell deserves a lot of credit for turning that defense around. And it shouldn't be lost on any of these guys that they improved when players got healthy....but it will be.

You don't think Kiwi could manage it? I think WIlliams got in on a few towards the end too.

Dude, don't waste your time, I told some of these guys that ALL freakin' season. Logic and reason is often lost when you have Giants fans who are keen on blitzing on every down, no matter what the personnel looks like.

Fewell deserves a lot of credit for turning that defense around. And it shouldn't be lost on any of these guys that they improved when players got healthy....but it will be.

Blitzing every down? Who said that?

And injuries didn't have the CBs playing 15 yards off the line.

You don't think Kiwi could manage it? I think WIlliams got in on a few towards the end too.

Blitzing every down? Who said that?

And injuries didn't have the CBs playing 15 yards off the line.

There were quite a few who week after week wanted us to blitz and get burnt every time.

I don't remember saying that about the CBs (or really seeing that all that much during the season), though.

name names!

There were quite a few who week after week wanted us to blitz and get burnt every time.

I don't remember saying that about the CBs (or really seeing that all that much during the season), though.

As I recall there were times when we were getting killed play after play and we were calling for some kind of a change of pace... as in hey asshole how about blitzing once? I don't know how that somehow turned into us calling for a blitz every down. Anyone with an average football IQ knows too much blitzing is going to cost you games. I personally can't think of anyone on this board who's called for blitzing every time... I think most if not all of us were mad at the 3 man rush and giving the QB 5 minutes to throw the fucking ball and it seems it was a completion every time.

To pressure the QB you have to have pressure up the middle. Preventing the QB from stepping up or getting comfortable........ We had none....all of our pressure comes from the edges

I'm hoping they rotate the DT's this year and allow the LBers or a LBer/DB combo to join the stampede

To pressure the QB you have to have pressure up the middle. Preventing the QB from stepping up or getting comfortable........ We had none....all of our pressure comes from the edges

I'm hoping they rotate the DT's this year and allow the LBers or a LBer/DB combo to join the stampede

We had a much better effort from our DTs last seaon than we did the season before, where they were getting pushed around all game.

This is the one huge mistake I feel the Giants made. When Spags got fired, we should have brought him in on a red carpet. Imagine this Team as a whole, with spags back at the wheel on D? Dont get me wrong, im glad fewell learned his lesson. But it still wasnt anywhere near enough to keep him over Spags.