SportsWrath

the ring's pretty sweet

Herc

I was looking at other year's rings and I must say this one is very impressive. Many of the previous SB rings are not very good. Do the teams have any say in design or is it all Tiffany's design?

You know would be more impressive? A 5th SB trophy right in the middle.... :rock:

http://espn.go.com/n...-bowl-xlvi-ring

The New York Giants unveiled their Super Bowl XLVI ring Wednesday, which also pays homage to all four of the franchise's championship teams. "We wanted it to represent the four trophies and have that feeling that you made the best ring that you could have made," defensive end Justin Tuck said in a statement released by the team. "I think we captured that."

The ring, made of white gold, was designed by Tiffany & Co., which received input from the Giants' ownership, general manager Jerry Reese, coach Tom Coughlin and Giants captains Eli Manning, Tuck and Zak DeOssie, who also received input from other players on the team. The ring is covered in diamonds and has four Vince Lombardi trophies, commemorating the team's four titles. Each trophy is set with a marquis diamond representing a football. The Giants' logo is surrounded by the trophies and is set with diamonds. The top of the ring includes 37 blue sapphires. The ring also has some blue coloring, which was important for the players involved in the design process. The ring the team received after its 2007 title featured white gold and diamonds, without any additional color. "The blue makes it a little different," Manning said in the statement. "We wanted some blue -- the Giants are Big Blue. We definitely wanted to get a little blue to spark it up a little bit." Also included on the ring is the final score -- 21-17 -- of the Giants' victory over the New England Patriots, plus the years of the team's four titles (1986, 1990, 2007 and 2011).

The ring also has the words "Finish" and "All in" engraved inside the ring. The words were inspirational phrases the team used during the 2011 season. "We definitely wanted 'Finish,' we definitely wanted 'All in,' " Tuck said in the statement. "Those were two things we prided ourselves on, not only during the season, but especially through the playoff run. And we won games that way. So we definitely wanted those in there." The Super Bowl champs will be presented with the ring Wednesday evening in Manhattan at Tiffany & Co. Manning, in an interview Wednesday morning with CNN, said he doesn't wear his 2007 ring much. "I kind of wear it on special occasions up to the start of the season, then I put it away," Manning told CNN on Wednesday. "It's a big ring. It's almost hard to wear."

Definitely like this one better than the XLII

I got this in my email today:

virtual_ring.jpg

Check out the virtual Lombardi dude. :LMAO:

Kind of looks like a younger, more nerdy version of Golfy....with oversized glasses...

Its me guys

Don't let the picture fool you, I'm 6-1 230 pounds. Lol I'm gaining weight like a recently divorced housewife with self control issues.

The superbowl rings are Buh Buh Buh Ballllin!!!

LOL.... never been married osi? the recent divorcees get skinny, its the new housewives that gain weight like its their job.

God bless your avatar.

LOL.... never been married osi? the recent divorcees get skinny, its the new housewives that gain weight like its their job.

God bless your avatar.

Never been married and I guess that's true lol. It's all good though I had a great day of training today.

An lol yup this avatar is just great.