SportsWrath

David Wilson signed

Dragon

The New York Giants’ signed rookie running back David Wilson, their first-round pick in last month's NFL draft, a source with knowledge of the situation confirmed Friday.

Wilson's deal is for four years with a team option for a fifth year, and only three of the four years are guaranteed.

ProFootballTalk.com first reported the signing.

The Giants selected Wilson with the 32nd-overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. They are counting on him to back up Ahmad Bradshaw, who said recently that he plans to mentor the rookie.

He had 290 carries for 1,709 yards and nine touchdowns at Virginia Tech last season.

Excellent - won't have to worry about our number one pick holding out like happens to so many teams each year. I'm anxious to see this guy on the field. Hope he lives up to his billing and our hopes and dreams.

Yeah, that was because I felt he should of been selected higher and Wanted a bigger contract from where he was actually drafted...

That's crazy!!..

if a set amount is placed, how the F could he feel he deserves more just BECAUSE he think he should of been drafted higher?

that's like working for McD and asking to get paid CEO money just cuz you feel like you deserves it.......

That's crazy!!..

if a set amount is placed, how the F could he feel he deserves more just BECAUSE he think he should of been drafted higher?

that's like working for McD and asking to get paid CEO money just cuz you feel like you deserves it.......

That's actually sounds like a good idea. I don't get paid nearly enough. :(

One thing I learned... you will get paid your worth if you're ready to walk away if they don't.

Yup, played that card about a year ago... got about a 15% raise too. Would have got a lot more too if there were actually anywhere else for me to go, lol.... it was a totally empty threat, I can't believe it worked at all.

Totally hyped up about this kid. I think Wilson is going to be special. I haven't been this excited about a draft pick since Ron Dayne. Uh....wait....FML.....

I am glad he didn't play in the Big Ten.

Totally hyped up about this kid. I think Wilson is going to be special. I haven't been this excited about a draft pick since Ron Dayne. Uh....wait....FML.....

Dayne and willy beans names are forbid and not allow on this forum!!!!!

I get piss everytime I see those two names!! Lights a fire under ass and send me flying like firework!!!

Where are all those Scott fans now???

a lot of the "Scott fans" simply wanted an explosive backfield. Not one that stumbled over the line of scrimmage. That's finally gone now, so I would bet most "Scott fans" are quite happy that the team finally addressed the running back position with some more explosiveness.