SportsWrath

Giants schedule released

osi724dasack

The notion that we suck after the bye is no longer in effect. I think that's a stigma of Giants teams long gone. I'm not worried and fuck GB we fucked them up twice last year.. they don't scare us. The first midweek game is the first of the season and I think that's a plus for us as we get more time to prepare for our 2nd game... Not too worried about that 2nd midweek game either. Love the bye late in the season and even though we only have 1 monday nighter.. we have a few prime time games.. I never liked to wait till Monday for the game anyway.

You didn't watch the Miami game last season? I don't remember who our opponent was in 2010, but during the regular season it seems like guys play nonchalantly following the bye. Personally I'm not worried about GB. I'm worried that we'll lose a game that we should very well win because of some bye week kryptonite that we seem to always fall victim to.

I don't mind the opener, but the Panthers game bothers me simply because we have like 2 days to prepare and we've had recent trouble with them.

I feel u. My thing about Carolina is the last 2 times we played them Matt Moore made us look like children and while he's not a world beater Newton is a very good qb. Also Steve Smith always seems to want to show off when he faces us.

It was Carolina that we opened the new stadium against, wasn't it? First half was fairly close and we pretty much dominated the second half. Moore threw 3 picks that game and finished with a sub-40 QB rating. I had to look a little of that up, but I really think that we've improved since then and that despite Cam Newton, Carolina hasn't gotten that much better as their defense and running backs have fallen off a bit.

why do we always play the Saints, like every year, without fail?

Why do we never draw the AFC West.

Certainly seems that way, doesn't it...though it's on a rotational basis. Hell, I'd take the AFC East too, with Buffalo, NY Jets, and Miami. It's somewhat relative though, because our division opponents get the same deal.

Me too, but that's mainly because I'm out west here. They start around 5-6p out here..... Perfect. My favorite start times are 2p....5p your time.

In previous years I sat there waiting for the night game to start.. seemed like it took days..now I'm more active on weekends... playing sports.. won't mind night games at all.

It was Carolina that we opened the new stadium against, wasn't it? First half was fairly close and we pretty much dominated the second half. Moore threw 3 picks that game and finished with a sub-40 QB rating. I had to look a little of that up, but I really think that we've improved since then and that despite Cam Newton, Carolina hasn't gotten that much better as their defense and running backs have fallen off a bit.

I got my games mixed up. For some reason I'm still seeing him throw 3tds against us (2009). My point is really that Carolina plays us tough and I just don't like seeing them on a short week. Not worried about their defense, just that we don't get enough time to prepare and drop a game that we should win.

meanwhile look at the fucking patriots' schedule:

Sunday, Sept. 9 -- at Titans (1 p.m.)

Sunday, Sept. 16 -- vs. Cardinals (1 p.m.)

Sunday, Sept. 23 -- at Ravens (8:20 p.m.)

Sunday Sept. 30 -- at Bills (1 p.m.)

Sunday, Oct. 7 -- vs. Broncos (4:15 p.m.)

Sunday Oct. 14 -- at Seahawks (4:05 p.m.)

Sunday Oct. 21 -- vs. Jets (4:15 p.m.)

Sunday, Oct. 28 -- at Rams (1 p.m., in London)

Sunday, Nov. 4 -- OPEN

Sunday, Nov. 11 -- vs. Bills (1 p.m.)

Sunday, Nov. 18 -- vs. Colts (1 p.m.)

Thursday, Nov. 22 -- at Jets (8:20 p.m.) -- Thanksgiving

Sunday, Dec. 2 -- at Dolphins (1 p.m.)

Monday, Dec. 10 -- vs. Texans (8:30 p.m.)

Sunday, Dec. 16 -- vs. 49ers (8:20 p.m.)

Sunday, Dec. 23 -- at Jaguars (1 p.m.)

Sunday, Dec. 30 -- vs. Dolphins (1 p.m.)

meanwhile look at the fucking patriots' schedule:

Sunday, Sept. 9 -- at Titans (1 p.m.)

Sunday, Sept. 16 -- vs. Cardinals (1 p.m.)

Sunday, Sept. 23 -- at Ravens (8:20 p.m.)

Sunday Sept. 30 -- at Bills (1 p.m.)

Sunday, Oct. 7 -- vs. Broncos (4:15 p.m.)

Sunday Oct. 14 -- at Seahawks (4:05 p.m.)

Sunday Oct. 21 -- vs. Jets (4:15 p.m.)

Sunday, Oct. 28 -- at Rams (1 p.m., in London)

Sunday, Nov. 4 -- OPEN

Sunday, Nov. 11 -- vs. Bills (1 p.m.)

Sunday, Nov. 18 -- vs. Colts (1 p.m.)

Thursday, Nov. 22 -- at Jets (8:20 p.m.) -- Thanksgiving

Sunday, Dec. 2 -- at Dolphins (1 p.m.)

Monday, Dec. 10 -- vs. Texans (8:30 p.m.)

Sunday, Dec. 16 -- vs. 49ers (8:20 p.m.)

Sunday, Dec. 23 -- at Jaguars (1 p.m.)

Sunday, Dec. 30 -- vs. Dolphins (1 p.m.)

yep how piss poor is that, reminds me of when they went 16-0 they played nobody that year. They really could go 15-1 if they lose to Baltimore, maybe 16-0 again.

yeah i am just jealous

Yea I hear you on that lol. That's guaranteed playlets if we have the schedule. It's all good though, this tough schedule will battle test this team and if we make the playlets we will have earned it and we will be used to playing great teams. That's how i try to look at it.

I got my games mixed up. For some reason I'm still seeing him throw 3tds against us (2009). My point is really that Carolina plays us tough and I just don't like seeing them on a short week. Not worried about their defense, just that we don't get enough time to prepare and drop a game that we should win.

The short turnaround is a concern, but I'm much happier having Carolina after that short time than having say, a division rival, Green Bay, the Saints, or another annually dominant team.

The short turnaround is a concern, but I'm much happier having Carolina after that short time than having say, a division rival, Green Bay, the Saints, or another annually dominant team.

Very true.

It the jets bills and cards are as good as they're supposed to be this yr, that Pats schedule isn't as easy as we think. A nd the dolphins always play them tough

That gets to what I find encouraging about the Giants schedule. There's so much change in the NFL from season to season that what looks like the toughest schedule at the start of the season, based on records from the prior year, is virtually guaranteed to NOT be the toughest schedule by the time they play the games.

Me too, but that's mainly because I'm out west here. They start around 5-6p out here..... Perfect. My favorite start times are 2p....5p your time.

I hate the night games. 1:00 is the best game time. BBQ up a good lunch, pop that first brew during the pregame. Celebrate a victory with a scotch and a cigar.

4:00 games i have to fight to stay sober until kickoff time... and the 8 or 9 starts, I have to get drunk a second time for and then get my ass up before 5am for work.

That gets to what I find encouraging about the Giants schedule. There's so much change in the NFL from season to season that what looks like the toughest schedule at the start of the season, based on records from the prior year, is virtually guaranteed to NOT be the toughest schedule by the time they play the games.

Stop ruining the thread with logic. Thanks. :)