SportsWrath

Giants RB Andre Brown

Lughead

• 1 month later...
Giants RBs coach Jerald Ingram compared Andre Brown to Derrick Ward: "The thing that has held Andre back is just learning the offense. He’s big, he’s fluid, he’s strong. We drafted him so that he could catch the ball out of the backfield. He really is gifted. Athletically, he might be as good as anybody out there. But ... has he matured to that level of being an every down back? We took him thinking he had that ability to be a solid every down type of back, like we had in a Derrick Ward."

http://sulia.com/channel/football/f/c3f88bc5-4fe5-42c8-b75e-99a2bf8c1478/?source=twitter

I'll take Reese's word for it, but I haven't seen one thing from Brown, EVER, to justify the ridiculous hype Giants' fans have had for him since he was drafted.

I know Ware is unexciting. But at least he's a decent short-yardage runner, doesn't fumble, and is a good pass-protector, which is the least appreciated and very important aspect of the running back position, especially with Eli as your QB. Eli can move in the pocket, but he's needs that RB to block that extra blitzer quite often, or those passes turn into INT's, or it's not a pass at all... sack/fumble. You guys know what I'm talking about. Ware at least gives you something. And he's an effort runner, and I like that about him, even if we'll likely never see a highlight run from him of like 50 yards or more.

Its gonna be interesting to see who gets cut.

Scott?

Brown?

Ware?

We will only keep 4 RBs and Bradshaw and Wilson are locks.

I like Ware for the reasons Jim mentioned

Scott has elite physical tools but hasn't shown much.

Brown hasn't shown much but he had a good speech at the parade ceremony. He also takes adderall and that's a huge advantage for him.

My money says Ware or Brown get cut. Probly Brown. Scott has a lot of potential, but if he doesn't look improved since last year then we should just cut his ass.

Before the draft Bob Papa said if there was one guy he'd expect to be a huge contributor this year, it'd be Scott. Said the kid was in tremendous shape and was saying and doing all the right things at OTAs.

Before the draft Bob Papa said if there was one guy he'd expect to be a huge contributor this year, it'd be Scott. Said the kid was in tremendous shape and was saying and doing all the right things at OTAs.

It's funny but 2012 maybe AB's last season as a starter... he may very well be #3 next season.. assuming he's on the team.

It's funny but 2012 maybe AB's last season as a starter... he may very well be #3 next season.. assuming he's on the team.

Yup, I think he'd be cut though if he dropped below the #2 man. But I dont see it happening, Bradshaw is a very polished back these days and runs with good power. I see him with bigblue for another 2 years atleast as one of our top 2 RBs.

yeah ware's blocking in shotgun is huge i just wish we wouldn't run the draw with him at all

Also when ever we went for 2 Ware was always in there seemed to get just about all of them when he tried. May of missed a couple If I remember right though.... funny thing too I mean with Jacobs on the team you would think he would be there for the 2 point conversion. Of course though he seemed to get alot of the tip toeing turff monster tackle

I really hope he pans out. He'd be a great replacement for Bradshaw when his feet finally fall off.

I really hope he pans out. He'd be a great replacement for Bradshaw when his feet finally fall off.

We just drafted a first round RB to be replacing Bradshaw.

I honestly hope I dont see Scott get one carry this season over Wilson.

We just drafted a first round RB to be replacing Bradshaw.

I honestly hope I dont see Scott get one carry this season over Wilson.

I think Wilson and Scott could potentially make a nice pair; Wilson being the Ray Rice-style all-purpose back and Scott being the shifty change of pace guy.