SportsWrath

both kiper and mcshay's newest mocks have us taking coby fleener

Herc

The Super Bowl was great for the party, but the Giants took a hit on the personnel side, where they lost a pair of tight ends to injury. Fleener has overtaken
of Clemson as the top tight end on my board, and the Giants need one. He has great hands, will run a lot better than people think and knows how to work in a pro-style system, lined up on the line of scrimmage. He's a great red zone target. The Giants also need offensive line help, or could target a linebacker here, but Fleener makes a lot of sense.

If one of the top defensive tackles were available here the Giants might go that route, and I would also not be surprised to see them take a running back like Virginia Tech's
. However, tight end is a clear need area and Fleener should cement his status as the top player in the class with a good pro day workout on March 22. He gives good effort as a blocker and has the tools to improve in that area, and I think he'll surprise some people with his speed and elevate himself above Clemson's
and Georgia's

I'd be fine with Fleener at 32. I know we draft BPA, but if the BPA available ALSO fills a need...it seems a no brainer. If David Wilson is available though, it would make it a tough decision. I think the two evaluations are pretty accurate.

I would love Fleener, but I don't think he will be there. I am not big on David Wilson, not at all. He fumbles,he reverses field and loses yards and tiptoes in the backfield. Also, he is not physical enough, has trouble lowering his pad level consistenly.

Fleener is by far the only TE I really like in this draft.

Defensive line is a need though. Osi is a f/a next year and so is kiwi. So we gotta get a good 3rd de to groom this season. And DT maybe a need with Austin as a big ? And we may wanna cut Canty in a year or two to save $. Same with Rolle.

W pretty much can use a player at every position, that's why Reese will go BpA. And that just might be Fleener or Chandler Jones. Hopefully it's Lamar Miller.

I would take Fleener over Hill in a heart beat.

That's a tough one for me. I really like Fleener but I'm just so obsessed with Hills size/speed. Not that size/speed are the only things needed to be a good wr. But he displays good hands and extremely fluid hips for a guy that's 6-4 215.

I'd be happy with either one, or Lamar Miller. I'm really thinking Reese goes offense early in this draft. He's been going D for a few years now.

Sorry, Nas, I'm no help when it comes to college players. I really don't follow it much.

But I don't recall Kiper ever being able to predict what Reese does in the draft.

You just helped :).

BB25 and Jim, get moving :angry: :05-mafia:

You just helped :).

BB25 and Jim, get moving :angry: :05-mafia:

I've only dipped my toes into the draft waters so far... so here's my early thoughts about this group of prospects... I'm high on Fleener, I think he's the best TE in the class by far. To me, the top RB in this class is David Wilson, I think Trent Richardson is not going to be worth the draft position he's going to be selected at. Some people say Richardson is the best RB to come out of the draft since Peterson... I think that's ridiculous. Wilson is my guy (Virginia Tech), and in my mind, he's moved ahead of Lamar Miller as I've done more study. It's not miles ahead, I still think Miller is the 2nd best RB and will be a franchise type back.

I would be stoked if we ended up with Fleener, Wilson, or Miller.

As for guys at the top of the draft, you have Luck, RGIII, and Justin Blackmon... I think all three are going to be great players, but the most can't miss is Blackmon. Also Morris Claiborne from LSU.

Another guy I think will be a decent NFL player but will be drafted far too high is Donta' Hightower. I don't have anything against Alabama, I just think those two guys are overrated.

And the bloom is off the rose with Vontaze Burfict. He's an official headcase who was completely unprepared for ASU's pro day.

Agreed Jim, don't know much about Wilson though.

And You know i like Fleener, but Idk if it makes much sense to draft him now that we have Bennet. I still think it's possible since Bennet signe the 1 year deal.

Steven Hill is an interesting prospect. Check out some WRs since

It's a top need and let me know what you think.

Agreed Jim, don't know much about Wilson though.

And You know i like Fleener, but Idk if it makes much sense to draft him now that we have Bennet. I still think it's possible since Bennet signe the 1 year deal.

Steven Hill is an interesting prospect. Check out some WRs since

It's a top need and let me know what you think.

I'm not sure a WR is our top need. I think OL (someone to be groomed) is our top need now that Mac is gone.

I'm not sure a WR is our top need. I think OL (someone to be groomed) is our top need now that Mac is gone.

Yeah I agree, I don't think WR is as big a concern as some people would think with Manningham leaving. I'm sure it's possible that Reese could go WR in round 1 or 2, especially if he thinks he won't be able to afford Cruz after next year (he'll find a way to pay him). Even if they don't add another receiver, you have Hixon, Jernigan, and Barden in the mix for the 3rd receiver, and I'm sure Reese will find some diamond in the rough. Maybe Clayton and/or Devin Thomas are back (still love the potential of Thomas).

But back to TE, the Bennett signing was a quintessential stop-gap kind of signing. So I do feel that the Giants will want to address the TE position for the long term. And I don't think they want to do that with Bennett, Pascoe, or even Ballard. Those three guys can be valuable, but you want that guy that's more dangerous... and Fleener fits that bill. So I do think it's still a need because even with the Bennett signing you're only going to have Bennett, Pascoe and Hopkins (a practice squad player) on the roster as the tight ends to open the season (remember Ballard and Beckum will be on PUP).

I think there is incredible value in the first round if Fleener is there at 32, and there should be big value at RB at 32, also... so I expect (as of now) one of the three of Fleener, Wilson, or Miller) will be a Giant.