SportsWrath

Parade on Tuesday

boohyah

Shit. I didn't get this until now. My bad. I met up with booyah though. Good guy. Awesome time here....and they're giving me overtime for this!!

Congrats, SG. I actually didn't even go to work today.. feeling like shit for some reason. I texted my boss then I called her to leave a msg basically saying I'm not at the parade.. I'm home feeling like crap lol

SG, first off man, thanks. Seriously guys, I don't know what the fuck was wrong with me today. I would have posted my whereabouts, here's the problem, I DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE WHERE THE FUCK I WAS. Seriously, I got out of the 5 train and I thought I was in another land. I've not worked in the city for 2 years and I haven't been there only twice since and I was lost. So I'm sorry about that. Getting back to SG, all I can say is the guy tried like crazy to help me out, but like T said, the baracades were all over the place and if you missed the street crossing you were fucked. Still we were back and forth on the phone to each other till we finally hooked up, no thanks to me and me going to the wrong duane reades like 3 times. It was a pleasure to meet with you dude, and you're a much bigger dude than I was expecting, Thanks again.

I do know where Trinity church is mind you, that I know, I just couldn't get over there. Sorry T and GG.

Overall, I thought the crowd was much bigger this time around. Way more kids. Some areas were crazy.I saw 3 guys fall out of trees onto the ground, and one guy trying to climb up a building to get in a window, and he fell about 15 feet also. The floats were too spread out IMO, some people thought it was over after the o-line passed. Not cool was the dumb fuckers throwing full waterbottles into the crowd. Had to move my kid at one point when the potsmokers moved in with the Jose Cuervo. All i can say is we're both tired as hell now.

Something a little surreal today, one truck in the parade with some media guys, and there standing on his own almost in a trance, Amani Toomer. Honestly he looked sad and so many people had no idea who he was. Mind you, there were a lot of people there today who are giants fans because they can afford a jersey, because a lot of them had no clue who most of the players were.

Still it's days like this where you say, it's good to be a Giants fan, why would you want to follow anyone else?

I

SG, first off man, thanks. Seriously guys, I don't know what the fuck was wrong with me today. I would have posted my whereabouts, here's the problem, I DIDN'T HAVE A CLUE WHERE THE FUCK I WAS. Seriously, I got out of the 5 train and I thought I was in another land. I've not worked in the city for 2 years and I haven't been there only twice since and I was lost. So I'm sorry about that. Getting back to SG, all I can say is the guy tried like crazy to help me out, but like T said, the baracades were all over the place and if you missed the street crossing you were fucked. Still we were back and forth on the phone to each other till we finally hooked up, no thanks to me and me going to the wrong duane reades like 3 times. It was a pleasure to meet with you dude, and you're a much bigger dude than I was expecting, Thanks again.

I do know where Trinity church is mind you, that I know, I just couldn't get over there. Sorry T and GG.

Overall, I thought the crowd was much bigger this time around. Way more kids. Some areas were crazy.I saw 3 guys fall out of trees onto the ground, and one guy trying to climb up a building to get in a window, and he fell about 15 feet also. The floats were too spread out IMO, some people thought it was over after the o-line passed. Not cool was the dumb fuckers throwing full waterbottles into the crowd. Had to move my kid at one point when the potsmokers moved in with the Jose Cuervo. All i can say is we're both tired as hell now.

Something a little surreal today, one truck in the parade with some media guys, and there standing on his own almost in a trance, Amani Toomer. Honestly he looked sad and so many people had no idea who he was. Mind you, there were a lot of people there today who are giants fans because they can afford a jersey, because a lot of them had no clue who most of the players were.

Still it's days like this where you say, it's good to be a Giants fan, why would you want to follow anyone else?

I

Yeah man I know....funny thing was I had my hair tied back and there was this other Black dude there before me who looked similar to me with locks tied back as well. I had a grey head band he had a black one. LOL!!! Hilarious. Yeah we all would have had to arrange a pre meet. Families were getting separated down there like crazy. The cross streets were closed down about a half hour before I got there at 10. Ridiculous....I was Broadway last year at almost 11 and there were no restrictions. Anyway I did get in as I wrote...and it was a sea of humanity with no hope of finding anyone. So I just chilled and took a couple of pics....

The rally at metlife was truly special!!! Saw both on tv and the metlife rally seemed twice as fun for fans and players!!!

I should have went!! Damn i decided last minute to just sleep in, but should have gone to the rally!

Yup...my cousin lives in Hoboken and he went. He said Jacobs came out with the Lombardi with a couple of other Giants and security. He walked a complete circuit around the stadium allowing the fans to touch it. Amazing. And on the Jets side...that poor lonely Lombardi was wailing and knashing its "teeth" at the lonliness of it all.

I was at One Exchange Plaza, probably 200 yards away from Trinity Church. Awesome time.

Shit, if I woulda know that SG..I'd have hit you up for sure. How that that GIF I PM'ed you work out?

And what was up with the floats...they were fast as hell this year!

I was at One Exchange Plaza, probably 200 yards away from Trinity Church. Awesome time.

Shit, if I woulda know that SG..I'd have hit you up for sure. How that that GIF I PM'ed you work out?

And what was up with the floats...they were fast as hell this year!

We had 3 floats come real fast and then there was nothjing for about 10-15 minutes..

The rally at metlife was truly special!!! Saw both on tv and the metlife rally seemed twice as fun for fans and players!!!

I should have went!! Damn i decided last minute to just sleep in, but should have gone to the rally!

I think I'll go there next year!!

Yup...my cousin lives in Hoboken and he went. He said Jacobs came out with the Lombardi with a couple of other Giants and security. He walked a complete circuit around the stadium allowing the fans to touch it. Amazing. And on the Jets side...that poor lonely Lombardi was wailing and knashing its "teeth" at the lonliness of it all.

Dammit I knew I shoulda stayed longer!!!

422423_10150562509472885_699902884_9036774_1999719424_n.jpg

My best pic of the day... Looks like they both wave to me.. i was by bowling green park... the street is only two lanes wide there and the sidewalk is small... so it is great for pics, but was not great for bunch of crazy people hanging out.

This was my first time in Metlife Stadium and I have to admit I was completely awe struck when I laid eyes on our trophy case. 3 beautiful Vince Lombardi trophies surrounded by 4 gorgeous NFC Championship trophies... The Giants Hall of Fame in the background, Strahan's Permanently Sealed Locker... I was like a kid at Christmas.

Admittedly I had no idea that the players names were engraved on the SB Trophy until yesterday.

This was my first time in Metlife Stadium and I have to admit I was completely awe struck when I laid eyes on our trophy case. 4 beautiful Vince Lombardi trophies surrounded by 5 gorgeous NFC Championship trophies... The Giants Hall of Fame in the background, Strahan's Permanently Sealed Locker... I was like a kid at Christmas.

Admittedly I had no idea that the players names were engraved on the SB Trophy until yesterday.

Fixed :)

Same thing happened 4 years ago.

I thought the last parade had a bit better flow to it to be honest.

There were a lot more people at this one though, last parade was much colder and it was a damp day, weather was awesome yesterday.