SportsWrath

Jason Pierre- Paul

RandolphScott

I don't think it's fair to compare him to Taylor--nobody is going to look good coming out of that comparison, at least on the field.

If you could have only seen Taylor getting behind the line of scrimmage, chasing down a running back from behind, and still make the tackle for a loss, then you would understand. He did that consistently his rookie year.

JPP seems like a super-athelete out there sometimes: LT seemed surreal.

This in no way means JPP is nothing. He is showing more than even Strahan did early on. If he stays healthy, he'll be a joy to watch for years to come, and very well might wear an ugly sports jacket in Ohio.

I know man....when I saw him run that interception back for a TD against the Detroit Lions in 81....I knew we had something special.... :clap::cool::blink:

yeah man....he reminded me of an athletic Reggie White...with an LT mean streak. Plus he seems able to think out there and is not Osi one dimensional either. He does not blindly rush upfield and has strength (that Osi seems to lack) plus finesse. Only the special ones have both.

Funny you say that, T. I said in the preseason, I believe it was that JPP was going to be OUR Reggie White, he's that good. I was mocked. It's starting to seem less like an outrageous statement now. He is an unstoppable force.

Funny you say that, T. I said in the preseason, I believe it was that JPP was going to be OUR Reggie White, he's that good. I was mocked. It's starting to seem less like an outrageous statement now. He is an unstoppable force.

Yeah man...I remember that....and now Blu with his Kearse comparison....he seems to be a smart type DE with all the ingredients like White...but also the athletic Freakness like the Freak. I think he is going to be what we thought Osi was going to be...a bookend to Tuck....and one that Strahan never had consistently.

Well, JPP has already eclipsed Kearse's best season, and Kearse was more of a one-dimensional pass-rusher. JPP already plays the run as good or better than anyone we've had on that D-line in a while. Longevity is the key. But to me, a Kearse comparison sells JPP short, and Kearse could only dream of having the season JPP has had this year. Keeping in mind JPP was playing some DT this year, too. Hopefully next year he'll strictly be a DE, and I really could see him pushing 20 sacks if that happens, and 80 tackles or more. But you know, Reggie White was pretty athletic. He just didn't physically look as athletic as he really was. But you are correct, he is even more athletic than White, perhaps JPP is the best athlete in the NFL. He is so crazy good.

Not by me you weren't, I think I said the same thing on this board: that JPP is the best DE prospect since a young Reggie White.

I felt like a dumbass fan saying it, but.... it doesn't seem so crazy now.

Lets see consistency for a few seasons before we even think about this conversation.

A fair, reasonable response. I was making the assumption of consistency and good health in my post, but that is by no means a given.

But I will be enjoying his play while it is at this level, and hope that he hasn't peaked.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what would have the Giants have done if JPP &Rolando McClain were both still on the board? Glad it worked out the way it did though.

From the grading report on McClain NOW. The news is that he dosen't really cover the pass that great and that he's just somewhat avg. Glad we got JPP.