SportsWrath

Next Season

*SDMF*

Exactly! Good LORD!

Like I've said, I've had my complaints about Fewell. Sunday night's game doesn't fall into that category. If your players aren't executing, there's nothing else the coaches can do.

Even the game winning drive there were plenty of chances for the defense to make a play and they just didn't.

How many times did Fewel blitz in that final drive that seem to take 3 hours? Yes there are other reasons we lost the game but Fewel with his pussy play-calling is a major one.

How many times did Fewel blitz in that final drive that seem to take 3 hours? Yes there are other reasons we lost the game but Fewel with his pussy play-calling is a major one.

Dude, Nas, that's what I've been saying. When your team isn't good at blitzing, it's not going to be effective. It's not Fewell's fault that blitzes take 3 hours. That's a timing issue on the part of the players.

Yes, pussy play calling, he threw blitzes at them on 3rd down on that same drive and the Eagles merely dumped it off into the flat, where they were 1 on 1 because we abandoned the zone and gang tackling game plan that had been working. Corey Webster missing a tackle on D. Jax----there's a third down stop that should have been, was that Fewells fault? A shoestring catch in between 2 defenders that should have been in better position, of their own accord, to make a play----there's another third down stop that should have been. You can bitch all you want, but his players were in position to make plays and didn't. The defensive personnel is vastly overrated and if you guys think they are good at blitzing, you're ignoring everything we've worked for in the draft the last few years---a dominant pass rushing front 4 and zone coverage corners (they certainly aren't physical, man coverage types that you need to send the house every play).

The game plan was solid.

I don't know. Allowing Osi to get stuffed all day by Peters is not great play calling. I didn't see many stunts from that side. Seemed all the blitzes came from Tuck's side. I thought the Defensive play calling was uninspired.

wow.

You guys have every excuse in the book for the poor play by the dline.

wow.

You guys have every excuse in the book for the poor play by the dline.

i don't know who "you guys" are. I guess it's your way of feeling superior.

What I am referring to is the entire D, coaching included. You cannot allow this inferior unit (Eagles) to gain confidence.

They should've been more agressive to begin with. It's a team- you cannot separate coaching from play.

Dude, Nas, that's what I've been saying. When your team isn't good at blitzing, it's not going to be effective. It's not Fewell's fault that blitzes take 3 hours. That's a timing issue on the part of the players.

Yes, pussy play calling, he threw blitzes at them on 3rd down on that same drive and the Eagles merely dumped it off into the flat, where they were 1 on 1 because we abandoned the zone and gang tackling game plan that had been working. Corey Webster missing a tackle on D. Jax----there's a third down stop that should have been, was that Fewells fault? A shoestring catch in between 2 defenders that should have been in better position, of their own accord, to make a play----there's another third down stop that should have been. You can bitch all you want, but his players were in position to make plays and didn't. The defensive personnel is vastly overrated and if you guys think they are good at blitzing, you're ignoring everything we've worked for in the draft the last few years---a dominant pass rushing front 4 and zone coverage corners (they certainly aren't physical, man coverage types that you need to send the house every play).

The game plan was solid.

Actually it is... he hardly dialed in blitzes.. and if they take 3 hours then it's on the coach.

i don't know who "you guys" are. I guess it's your way of feeling superior.

What I am referring to is the entire D, coaching included. You cannot allow this inferior unit (Eagles) to gain confidence.

They should've been more agressive to begin with. It's a team- you cannot separate coaching from play.

Meaning you are just part of the pack jumping on Fewell for poor play by his best unit. It's my way of lumping you into the "is way off base" category.

Like I've said, no one was bitching the entire game when they held Mccoy and company to 239 total yards and 10 points. Then, when the defense finally fails to make plays they had been making all game (of Jim's 52% 3rd down conversions, 6 for 6 came on that one drive, a testament more to some good Eagles play call and a bunch of missed tackles and assignments--like LBs jumping on short routes when they have to stay at home since the short routes aren't their responsibility) it's suddenly on Fewell.

The game plan on defense was solid. The defense was, however, run ragged by the end of the game and I can kind of see how they started making mistakes.

Actually it is... he hardly dialed in blitzes.. and if they take 3 hours then it's on the coach.

BECAUSE EVERY TIME HE DID, THE EAGLES DUMPED IT OFF AND PICKED UP 15 YARDS AFTER THE CATCH.

Our personnel is not built to blitz. The timing is off and they don't even come close to getting pressure. It's meant to have a front 4 that gets pressure on its own. The solution to them not getting pressure on the front 4, is not to blitz the house every play....especially when you have rookies on the field all over the place. You know this.

So you want to run players out of the play by ineffectively blitzing them every down? Because that's what you'd be doing.

the Eagles Defense is equal or better than the Giants. The Eagles offense is no way near as good. Especially in their sorry state yesterday.

Giants D should've rum ram shod over VY. Then they wouldn't have been so (waa) tired at the end.

Meaning you are just part of the pack jumping on Fewell for poor play by his best unit. It's my way of lumping you into the "is way off base" category.

Like I've said, no one was bitching the entire game when they held Mccoy and company to 239 total yards and 10 points. Then, when the defense finally fails to make plays (of Jim's 52% 3rd down conversions, 6 for 6 came on that one drive, a testament more to some good Eagles play call and a bunch of missed tackles and assignments--like LBs jumping on short routes when they have to stay at home since the short routes aren't their responsibility).

The game plan on defense was solid. The defense was, however, run ragged by the end of the game and I can kind of see how they started making mistakes.

I've been jumping on Fewel long before this game... our D is far too talented for the production or lack-thereof we get out of them. The drop in skill from Spags/Fox to Fewel is astonishing. I can argue both Spags and Fox did better with less talent.

the Eagles Defense is equal or better than the Giants. The Eagles offense is no way near as good. Especially in their sorry state yesterday.

Giants D should've rum ram shod over VY. Then they wouldn't have been so (waa) tired at the end.

That's because the you vastly overrate our defense and are vastly underrating the Eagles offense, even with Vince Young. A lot happens when you have a good offensive line and players who make things happen after the catch.

And no, they still would have been tired. 7 three and outs out of 12 drives does that to you.

Regarding the lack of blitzing...gotta believe from a coaching standpoint that would've exposed our young linebackers even more.

Had our front 4 held their own a little more or actually gotten any pressure of their own, we might have seen a blitzing LB here or there.

I've been jumping on Fewel long before this game... our D is far too talented for the production or lack-thereof we get out of them. The drop in skill from Spags/Fox to Fewel is astonishing. I can argue both Spags and Fox did better with less talent.

Me too, I meant this game in particular, other than maybe Lawrence Tynes, Fewell is the last one that deserves blame for THIS game.

You are also vastly overrating this team's defensive talent. They have a good defensive front four (though you wouldn't know it from this game) and a couple solid players in the secondary. There's no leader out there. There's no one who will step up and make a play when you need them to. At least during Spags reign we had big Mike and even hell, I think he sucked, but even Antonio Pierce....at least he was a leader.

And Antrel Rolle is garbage, I don't care what anyone says.

Regarding the lack of blitzing...gotta believe from a coaching standpoint that would've exposed our young linebackers even more.

Had our front 4 held their own a little more or actually gotten any pressure of their own, we might have seen a blitzing LB here or there.

:clap:

What they had been doing worked the entire game up until that point. Fewell did a great job with what he had out there last night. We win the game if the offense manages more than a measly 10 points.

That's because the you vastly overrate our defense and are vastly underrating the Eagles offense, even with Vince Young. A lot happens when you have a good offensive line and players who make things happen after the catch.

And no, they still would have been tired. 7 three and outs out of 12 drives does that to you.

I can say the same thing about you guys and the Eagle D / and Giants O.

don't be an idiot.

I'm not, I totally don't follow you. I haven't said shit about the Eagles D. And I happen to think the Giants O is, far and away, the biggest reason we lost this game. Because it definitely is.

I'm not, I totally don't follow you. I haven't said shit about the Eagles D. And I happen to think the Giants O is, far and away, the biggest reason we lost this game. Because it definitely is.

i agree it was a pitiful performance. but you have to give credit to the eagles D of course. Eli was positively stymied when he had time and running for his life when he didn't

I think Andy Reid and his guys out-coached Coughlin and his guys. You can disagree, doesn't make you a bad person.

i agree it was a pitiful performance. but you have to give credit to the eagles D of course. Eli was positively stymied when he had time and running for his life when he didn't

I think Andy Reid and his guys out-coached Coughlin and his guys. You can disagree, doesn't make you a bad person.

He made some great throws that were dropped, at least 6 of them. Heck the long ball dropped by Nicks, or the two drops down the seam by Ballard could very well have been the difference in the game, themselves. And Eli threw two of his best throws running for his life both the Cruz TD and the second long ball to Nicks. But you can't call plays when there are defenders in the backfield the second the ball is snapped. And it wasn't just one Eagles defender....so how do you make adjustments for that? I don't blame Gilbride.

I think the coaching was pretty even and it came down to what team showed up to play. Our offensive and defensive lines stayed back at their homes last night. The receivers did, too.

The defense had philly inside the 20with 9 minutes plus on the clock and vince young back there, and they proceeded to let the eagles have their longest drive in ten years! And burn seven minutes off the clock. No, the offense wasn't good, and no our coaching sucked. But with all that time left and at home and keep this in mind that the majority of our payroll and more of our drafting players has focused on defensive players, that unit came up short big time. So yes, I do blame them, and that's on fewell. They had a tie game at that point and they sucked except for kiwi. And storm you can call us all dopes for disagreeing with you, but that point I just made is the point in last nights game, we blitzed vick in philly, we blitzed brady, we led the league in sacks last night, so your "we're not a blitzing team" really holds no water here.

Keep in mind last year that the offense had 31 points on the eagles and a 14 point lead and fewell couldn't figure out a way to hold it.

If dom capers had our defence we'd be killing teams with the talent we have, fewell is good one week, bad the next 3.

I'm actually writing the re-watch analysis, and while I won't go into it here, Storm, you are the one who is way off. Throughout the game, the blitz was far more effective than the zone defense, as I suspected from my initial viewing. When they blitzed, they were successful as a defense MOST OF THE TIME.

Specifically, I believe it was 4 times that they did the 'Rush 3 drop 8 Defense', and none of those times were they able to generate pressure, every time the 3 rushers were doubled, all three of them, and EVERY TIME it resulted in a completed pass. Only once did that completion result in a 4th down, short of the sticks. One of those 4 times was on the 80 yard drive that the Eagles won the game on. Fewell DID NOT blitz enough. You are completely wrong, Storm.