SportsWrath

Eli Manning most accurate passer in NFL under pressure

gmenhq

You are comparing THIS SEASON'S stats?

I honestly did not want to compare these stats because it is

UNFAIR TO MANNING.

Seriously, as Fishguts has pointed out in many threads, the Cowboys...

HAVE NO OFFENSIVE LINE AND NO RECEIVERS

So everything Romo is doing he is essentially doing by himself. :D

No offensive line, that I'll give you.

But no receivers? To be honest, I'd take Dez Bryant, Witten, and a guy off the street over any three WR/TEs on the Giants. Austin is a beast too, when healthy.

And as for the offensive line, maybe I spoke too soon....

Conventional wisdom is that if the QB has a long time to throw before he gets sacked, the fault is assigned to some combination of the QB or the other skill players, because the offensive line provided plenty of time. Conversely, if the QB gets sacked at the depth of his drop, before even a mobile QB has a chance to escape, the problem was with the blocking.

So, therefore, the Cowboys, because they have the worse OL, should give up more short sacks. Right?

Short Sacks (<2.5 seconds)

Team Short Sacks Pass Attempts Percentage

Dallas 2 169 1.18%

NYG 5 136 3.68%

hmmm.... so what was that you were saying about Romo doing it all by himself?

define performance under pressure (and the dog is being serious)...is it the defined by performance when being rushed by defenders, or is it defined as performance when trailing late and needing to come up big in the end?

and by the way, to highlight brady's 4 pick day, and the dog can count on one hand how many times he has had a bad performance in his career, is odd and has no place. here is the thing, if the dog is so off about manning, then why do these issues and debates continue to pop up? if he is so good, then why are people constantly making excuses for him not delivering overall (see the following: Gillbride's system...Gillbride's playcalling...losing burress...shockey being a malcontent....tiki barber was a bad lockerroom influence...coughlin is out of touch...jacobs is injured...WR are injured...jacobs is injured again...running backs fumble...wr don't understand the system....lineman are hurt....he has a bad foot...he is a slow starter....jacobs just got hurt again....he lost his security blanket in burress...he lost his security blanket in smith...(he has more security blankets than Linus)...etc...etc...). Every year it's the same. at some point, the dog would imagine it is more exhausting to list excuses than it is to accept that he is a solid QB held back by his constant inconsistencies...

Define it however way you'd like--you have the stats under defensive pressure; 16 4th quarter comebacks and 19 game-winning drives, your pick.

The only reason I mentioned Brady at all was to point out any QB, no matter how highly regarded, is capable of having a bad game. Usually one or two a season. Do you really think Aaron Rodgers, for instance, is going to have amazing games 16 times this regular season?

And the rest of your post is a laundry list of garbage that has nothing to do with my opinion. I've never made an excuse for Eli, since I don't think his overall play warrants any excuses. In fact, these last few years have been the best offensive display I've ever seen the Giants produce. Only once did I put play calling into question--that being a home loss against the Redskins in 2007 when they had Manning throw 50 times in a wind storm, which was monumentally stupid.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Manning has done it with different role players during his career: Burress/Toomer/Shockey, Burress/Toomer/Boss, Burress/Smith/Boss, Nicks/Smith/Boss, etc. With all these changes over time, somehow it's the wide receivers that have saved Eli's bacon. Or it's the running game that saves him, even though it hasn't been a machine since Ward left. Or the defense that saves him, even if they've been notorious for a few seasons now for giving up the crucial play, if not totally collapsing.

Dude Romo is a great QB. Throws a better ball than Manning.

But who the heck cares. This isn't Madden or fantasy football. It's the NFL.

Let's compare the TEAMS since 2000:

Giants: 101-79

Cowboys: 90-90

Giants: 3 losing seasons...2 of them they won less than 7 games

Cowboys: 5 losing seasons...All 5 of them they won less than 7 games, including 5 win seasons three times

Giants: 6 seasons winning 10 or more games

Cowboys: 3 seasons winning 10 or more games

Giants: 6 playoff appearances, including 2 SB appearances and 1 win

Cowboys: 4 playoff appearances, no SB play

NOTE: The Cowboys made the playoffs in 2006 with a 9-7 record, while the Giants missed the playoffs in 2010 with a 10-6 record.

I happened to have picked 2000 arbitrarily, but now I see it's dirty because you guys rattled off three straight 5 win seasons starting 2000...well, those seasons did happen.

It's been a long time since the Cowboys have had anything on the Giants.

-Z

Don't forget Giants are 1-0 in head - Head Playoff games...

And Tony Romo has a better completion percentage and overall QB rating. Less fumbles and INT's too.

Just sayin... :D

By the way, almost every OC starts the game off trying to figure out what works. But we didn't call Joe Montana streaky, did we? And Peyton? I don't think so.

And lets not even bring Tom "4 ints against Buffalo" Brady into this discussion.

Eli's inconsistent.

And the fact that he is often inaccurate is what has prevented him, and will continue to prevent him, from being "elite."

...And he even has a playoff victory now. :clap:

Romo couldn't get it done when he had a very good team around him in 2007. He blew it against Mr. Inconsistent.

Romo's had good to very good WRs around him his entire career, and one of the best TEs in football. And yet...one playoff win.

so in your opinion, 2 1/2 games of good play in a row wipes away 7 years of inconsistency? the dog truly does find you entertaining.

yeah, inconsistent on Superbowl wins.... only 1 in 7 years......... btw, Dallsa is pretty consistent in that area in the past 7 years, aren't they? lol.

Why is the Romo vs Eli debate still raging? I think Romo has a lot of ability but at just about every moment in his career where he has had a chance to elevate his team in a big spot he hasnt gotten the job done. You want to talk about inconsistent? He comes back into a game with broken ribs and leads his team to an overtime victory and 2 weeks later is almost single handedly blowing a 27 3 lead at home. Say what you will about Eli he has his flaws but there are six quarterbacks playing right now that have rings and hes one of them.

No offensive line, that I'll give you.

But no receivers? To be honest, I'd take Dez Bryant, Witten, and a guy off the street over any three WR/TEs on the Giants. Austin is a beast too, when healthy.

Youre crazy. I wouldnt take anyone over Hakeem Nicks.

I agree, other than Dez Bryant, I think the Cowboys WRs are a little overrated. Especially Miles Austin. He either shows up big or doesn't show up at all. And I mean, he's either injured, coming up with like a 2 TD 100+ yard game, or going 2 catches for 26 yards.

I have nothing against Witten, though.

How funny, that this would get your panties in a wad. And go figure, its about stats under pressure and 4th quarter play.

Oh, my bad, now I see why youre upset.... :smartass:

LOL, that hit'em where it hurt.

I agree with that. (Except for Calvin Johnson, that guy is inhuman.)

But seriously... Nicks, Cruz (or Manningham) and Ballard? over Bryant, Austin, and Witten?

I can't say enough just how good a player that last guy is... he's as good a TE as Nicks is a WR.

Ballard is turning into a nice player... but lets not go crazy, Cowboys definitely have the talent edge on the perimeter of the offense.

Why is the Romo vs Eli debate still raging? I think Romo has a lot of ability but at just about every moment in his career where he has had a chance to elevate his team in a big spot he hasnt gotten the job done. You want to talk about inconsistent? He comes back into a game with broken ribs and leads his team to an overtime victory and 2 weeks later is almost single handedly blowing a 27 3 lead at home. Say what you will about Eli he has his flaws but there are six quarterbacks playing right now that have rings and hes one of them.

well not to bust your balloon but how might Romo look under center for the Giants?.........Romo's biggest problem is the 53 man roster

it just does not match up like ours........Cowboys are maybe 80% of what the Giants are overall

I agree with that. (Except for Calvin Johnson, that guy is inhuman.)

But seriously... Nicks, Cruz (or Manningham) and Ballard? over Bryant, Austin, and Witten?

I can't say enough just how good a player that last guy is... he's as good a TE as Nicks is a WR.

Ballard is turning into a nice player... but lets not go crazy, Cowboys definitely have the talent edge on the perimeter of the offense.

WOW you have to go look at the video tape.......only point you have is Witten over Ballard,.....but that gap is closing quickly......I don't know if Witten could have made Ballards catch last week and gotten both feet down

Frankly Ballar'd's catch reminded me of "THE CATCH" if your old enough to remember Joe Montana

Both Nicks and Cruz are better than Garfield's Miles Austin (The Cowboys best WR)................As I recall Paterson usually beats Garfield their next door neighbor LOL

Seriously........right now, I would not trade our 4 for anybodies 4............Nicks has quietly become the NFLs top receiver...........WTF is his contract status BTW???...............best hands in the business

our problems on offense revolve around not stretching the field, 9 in the box, and no running game.........lets see more of DJ Ware and DaRel Scott...........even Coughlin is now admitting the opponents are loading the box and daring us to throw long (not Eli's strength)

Nicks signed a 5 year 12.5 million dollar deal when they drafted him. He will get an extension as long as he stays healthy. It's amazing how good he is becoming. He's 23 years old and already performing at the level of the Andre Johnsons, Roddy Whites and Fitzgeralds of the league. That was a great play by Ballard too. But Witten catches 90 balls a year. He's fantastic. With the foot problems for Gates he's probably the best tight end in the game right now.

Also Jack, I agree that the Giants roster is better than the Cowboys. But Romo makes unforced mistakes. The Lions game was a win if Tony would have just managed the game and made good decisions. Then you have the fumble inside the 5 and the gift to Revis week one. It's impossible to say what Romo or any other quarterback would do if they were on the Giants instead of Eli. Personally, I think Rivers and Roethlisberger have more talent than Eli. However, that doesn't for a second guarantee they would have been able to accomplish or exceed what Eli has done in his tenure with the Giants. If you told me before the draft day trade that the Giants would be guaranteed one championship I would have signed for it. Not even a second thought. Eli is far from perfect. I don't like the fact that he isn't very athletic and doesn't have the "playmaking" ability some of the other franchise quarterbacks have (Freeman, Newton, Ben, and yes Romo), but for all his "inconsistencies" the team has been pretty fucking consistent with Eli at the helm. A .500 season has been our floor.

I only said Id take Nicks over any receiver. Id take Witten over any TE. But if youre talking combos, Id take ours. Yes, Witten is great, but Dez and Austin are questionable and Ballard seems to be turning into something nice. I think Austin was a 1 yr wonder and Bryant is a head case that cant stay healthy.

Nicks is already better than both of them. If Bryant can keep his head on straight he has the ability to be a top receiver in this league. That's a serious uncertainty though. He's probably going to burn the Giants bad at times in the years ahead but I'm glad he isn't our problem. As good as they were I don't want to see anymore Burress and Shockey types. Once they establish themselves further we may have the best players in the league at their respective positions in Nicks and Pierre-Paul.

I agree, other than Dez Bryant, I think the Cowboys WRs are a little overrated. Especially Miles Austin. He either shows up big or doesn't show up at all. And I mean, he's either injured, coming up with like a 2 TD 100+ yard game, or going 2 catches for 26 yards.

You just described Manningham too.

WOW you have to go look at the video tape.......only point you have is Witten over Ballard,.....but that gap is closing quickly......I don't know if Witten could have made Ballards catch last week and gotten both feet down

Frankly Ballar'd's catch reminded me of "THE CATCH" if your old enough to remember Joe Montana

Both Nicks and Cruz are better than Garfield's Miles Austin (The Cowboys best WR)................As I recall Paterson usually beats Garfield their next door neighbor LOL

Seriously........right now, I would not trade our 4 for anybodies 4............Nicks has quietly become the NFLs top receiver...........WTF is his contract status BTW???...............best hands in the business

our problems on offense revolve around not stretching the field, 9 in the box, and no running game.........lets see more of DJ Ware and DaRel Scott...........even Coughlin is now admitting the opponents are loading the box and daring us to throw long (not Eli's strength)

His first name is Jake, stupid. :busted_cop: