SportsWrath

2 New Players stunned me last night

JackStroud

Ryan Perriluex- This guy has incredible poise, footwork and perhap ths strongest arm I have ever seen on a QB........add to that, he had touch and accuracy..........where do you put him? can he play special teams?

Devin Thomas- Steve who? Thomas can run those routes, has great hands and is far quicker than Steve Smith

Veterans that impressed-

Chris Canty

JPP

Sage Rossenfels- I'd say he outplayed eli last night

Michael Boley

Bear Pascoe- Who knew he could step right in and make catches and run routes like that

Dominique Hixon- back stronger than ever

Matt Dodge- Yes that Matt Dodge.....he seems to have beefed up, is calm and deliberate, and does not even resemble the gangly weather vane of 2010

Players that did not impress- Lawrence Tynes...........why in the world is this shanker still on the team??

Yes he beat Green Bay but hit 3 shanks before the winning one

And how about old man time........he did not even have another place kicker on the roster to put in at garbage time to protect tynes mediocre leg.....WTF?

I had to record the game lst night. Gonna watch it with my cousin in a hour. I'll keep a eye out for the players you said stood out. I guess I wont have to look to hard for JPP, from everything Ive heard.

I had to record the game lst night. Gonna watch it with my cousin in a hour. I'll keep a eye out for the players you said stood out. I guess I wont have to look to hard for JPP, from everything Ive heard.

Yeah.....you will be really disappointed. The tackling was so bad you would think they were playing "touch football". The amount of times the Giants thought they could tackle a player by bumping him was utterly ridiculous.

I think Dodge will win the roster spot for Punter. I think they brought that other guy in for some nice competition. So is Pascoe capable of replacing Boss? Maybe there was a reason why they didn't resign him besides health issues.

I think Dodge will win the roster spot for Punter. I think they brought that other guy in for some nice competition. So is Pascoe capable of replacing Boss? Maybe there was a reason why they didn't resign him besides health issues.

I think he had a solid catch on an out route, but to be terribly honest, we couldn't attack the middle of the field....against the Panthers. It got kind of annoying watching the forced out routes and 8 yard curls all game.....

you would see a problem with winning the lottery...........you would have to travel all the way to Trenton to collect.

Pascoe played very well.......at least as good as Boss.

The team played like a team that wants to see a lot of players not win pre-season games.....I like that philosophy

The tackling was atrocious but now's the time to work on that.......not in the beginning of September

you would see a problem with winning the lottery...........you would have to travel all the way to Trenton to collect.

Pascoe played very well.......at least as good as Boss.

The team played like a team that wants to see a lot of players not win pre-season games.....I like that philosophy

The tackling was atrocious but now's the time to work on that.......not in the beginning of September

I saw us fail to convert any third down conversions until, I think, deep in the 3rd quarter. That was after first AND second team, first preseason game or not.

It was the 1st preseason game, arent they not tackling at full force??

there was a lot of lazy tackling, just hitting people rather than wrap them up and get your jersey and arms dirty

its not the end of the world......having said that the Panthers were playing like it was their super bowl......nice to see at least opponents respect the Giants stature

Yeah.....you will be really disappointed. The tackling was so bad you would think they were playing "touch football". The amount of times the Giants thought they could tackle a player by bumping him was utterly ridiculous.

THIS! TT and especially Aaron Ross need to learn how to fucking tackle. I don't know how you can make it to the pros and still think throwing your shoulder at the runner's shin is a viable defensive play. Ross was outplayed by rookie Witherspoon (who was clearly held on that last TD reception), not looking good for him.

THIS! TT and especially Aaron Ross need to learn how to fucking tackle. I don't know how you can make it to the pros and still think throwing your shoulder at the runner's shin is a viable defensive play. Ross was outplayed by rookie Witherspoon (who was clearly held on that last TD reception), not looking good for him.

Ross never lived up to the hype which is why isn't exactly one of my favorite Giants. Oft injured and likes he showed during the game.. he doesn't give 100%.

Ross never lived up to the hype which is why isn't exactly one of my favorite Giants. Oft injured and likes he showed during the game.. he doesn't give 100%.

Yeah I wanted to like him but he hasn't given me any reason to. If Prince was healthy I think he'd be in serious danger of not making the 53.

Yeah I wanted to like him but he hasn't given me any reason to. If Prince was healthy I think he'd be in serious danger of not making the 53.

Agreed. Somehow I feel Ross and Osi maybe on the trading block... although for Ross that maybe another year away.